forum

Low dpi has its limits?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bathingsoap
Hi yall, I'm almost in the 5 digit but I'm wondering if my dpi would make things harder from now. I have a 1000dpi mouse (lowest), but sensitivity I adjusted to 0.44 so it's really relatively slow compared to most higher level (mouse) osu player (actually just most osu players in general). I tried adjusting and playing at 0.67 sensitivity for a few days but my aim accuracy just doesn't seem right. I was wondering though if I should go back to 0.44 sensitivity and have *some* trouble doing some across the screen jumps or keep practicing with higher sens and try to adjust. It does make jumps easier I'll say but I'm less accurate on other aspects of the map (which makes me lose combo so...)

Edit: on a side note, at low dpi, but wrist always seems to twist more and more right as I play, which makes it uncomfortable and when I try to fix it I'll lose combo (usually), does this happen to anyone? (right handed)
Endaris
Hi, osu! related posts, especially those relating to gameplay belong in the Gameplay and Rankings subforum.

If you play with very low dpi you shouldn't use your wrist much.
The idea of using low dpi is to include your entire forearm into your aimmovement and as such reducing strain on your wrist while gaining more reach overall without giving up safety (because you have to do less accurate movements overall) and giving up a bit of swiftness (because you have to move farther).

I'd recommend you to watch some hand cam videos of prominent mouseplayers in order to get an impression how dpi and resolution relate to the usage of your hand. You can find a comprehensive list of top mouse players and their respective playing setups here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
RealRinkashime

bathingsoap wrote:

Hi yall, I'm almost in the 5 digit but I'm wondering if my dpi would make things harder from now. I have a 1000dpi mouse (lowest), but sensitivity I adjusted to 0.44 so it's really relatively slow compared to most higher level (mouse) osu player (actually just most osu players in general). I tried adjusting and playing at 0.67 sensitivity for a few days but my aim accuracy just doesn't seem right. I was wondering though if I should go back to 0.44 sensitivity and have *some* trouble doing some across the screen jumps or keep practicing with higher sens and try to adjust. It does make jumps easier I'll say but I'm less accurate on other aspects of the map (which makes me lose combo so...)

Edit: on a side note, at low dpi, but wrist always seems to twist more and more right as I play, which makes it uncomfortable and when I try to fix it I'll lose combo (usually), does this happen to anyone? (right handed)
When I played with mouse, I played at 300 DPI and managed to beat pensamento tipico de esquerda caviar with it before I switched to tablet. their is no limit to how good you can get, just depends on the person and their determination.