forum

osu!mania 4K World Cup 2017 - Mappool Suggestions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
juankristal
Link to MWC 4K 2017 Wiki Page
Link to MWC 4K 2017 Registrations

Hello everyone. With the Catch The Beat World Cup ending, the osu!mania 4K World Cup is happening quite soon. Registrations aren't up yet of the time of this post, but they will be up very soon (link at the top will also be updated accordingly).

This time around there will be 3 map selectors (Blocko, Pope Gadget and myself) but as usual we would love to see what the community has to offer in order to have more maps to choose from for this 4K MWC 2017.

You can access the form for your suggestions here.

The rules for the suggestions are as followed:
  1. All maps suggested MUST be currently submitted to the osu! website.
  2. There wont be any mod brackets so suggestions of maps for either DoubleTime, HardRock or any visual mod wont be accepted.
  3. We do not accept autoconverted maps from osu!standard. You can tell whether or not a map is from osu!standard by the star symbol listed on a difficulty in the beatmap page.
  4. You cannot send any maps that are in map collections. A map collection would be something like Yolomania Selections or Endurance Training. Basically any mapset with multiple mp3 files. The only exception to this would be a mapset where it includes only sped-up mp3s, like Evening's licca.
  5. You can suggest dumps. A dump chart is defined as a chart that does not follow the convention of adding notes only when sounds are there to physically justify them. There are of course some edge cases where we wont consider some of them but feel free to suggest them anyways as we will be the ones considering those options.
  6. You are allowed to suggest red lines SV gimmicks maps but we encourage you not to do so. Red lines can break the tournament client and maps like those will usually be ignored, however, you are still free to suggest them.
  7. We do not accept songs with inappropriate (18+/NSFW) content. Suggestive imagery, gore and all those are not allowed. If you believe that something is debatably inappropriate, you're better off not sending it.
  8. We do not accept converted maps from other rhythm games, unless you are the creator of said map. This applies even if the person has given explicit permission to convert their charts to osu!mania.
  9. 4K only. The osu!mania 7K World Cup will be hosted next year.
  10. Suggestions filled in as a reply to this thread will not be considered - you must use the form.

Suggesting a map does not guarantee the map will appear in the mappools. Every suggestion however, will be checked and considered provided it follows the guidelines above.

If you have any questions, be sure to post below. This thread is however not for osu!mania 4K MWC discussion.
lemonguy

juankristal wrote:

You can suggest dumps.
This is going to be the best MWC mappool to date
Pope Gadget
yay
Dez_old_1
The form says "4K MWC 2016" btw
Topic Starter
juankristal

Dez wrote:

The form says "4K MWC 2016" btw
I am sure I changed it oops, will fix it in a bit. Thanks!
-mint-
DUMP MAPS
Raveille
YE BOI LETS GO NOODLES FOR THE WIN 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Minisora

Raveille wrote:

RICE >>>>>> NOODLES
Skochan

Raveille wrote:

Ayye sir ! Noodles army is waiting for this 👌
AncuL
oh crap i didn't map a lot of maps for 4K MWC
i'll wait until mappool suggestions for 7K MWC opens then lol
lenpai

Raveille wrote:

yeeeeeeeee
Amethyst507
Technical Map? I don't know how is a map considered as a technical map.

Stupid question, but sorry I'm being honest here.

Oh and What is the format for metadata, like (Artist) - (Song Name) ?
Pope Gadget

Amethyst507 wrote:

Technical Map? I don't know how is a map considered as a technical map.
A map that isn't necessarily fluent in its difficulty curve and as such is difficult to get good accuracy on considering its inconsistencies - but is still fair in the way that it is handled i.e. follows the song structure.
Additionally, a map that has intentionally awkward patterning which is difficult to hit compared to conventional mapping.

Amethyst507 wrote:

Oh and What is the format for metadata, like (Artist) - (Song Name) ?
That is correct.

No worries mate.
Evening
Think it would be better if there was an option to state that the map is "hybrid" type (or allow checkbox for multiple choices), helps in segregating tiebreaker potential maps, there could also be a short-answer option just in case it doesn't fall in any category

• A bit picky here but it will help people who submit like 100+ links:
  1. I doubt most drain time matters, just to make it easier for the user, you can just do options for 1-2 min, 2-3 min, ... 5+ min
  2. Not too sure why you need the metadata when you have the /b/, i recall that you can just generate metadata from the link but ok
    Following that, you don't really need the difficulty name if the link is /b/ since it directly links to that particular difficulty
  3. Think it would also be great if you have a map that gauges what is R16, QF, GF material, so that people can know what to select
  4. Would be cool if you can just have a system that allows the user to just dump 100+ /b/ links at 1 go too, should be plausible in google spreadsheets
You might also want to include a guide on how to get /b/ links, i have had quite a bit of people with issues on how to convert /s/ to /b/ previously

that's all, have fun

edit: Could also include a small optional comment section in the form for additional information such as measure line usage etc.
Bobbias

Evening wrote:

You might also want to include a guide on how to get /b/ links, i have had quite a bit of people with issues on how to convert /s/ to /b/ previously
Click the tab with the difficulty name in it:

guide finished.
Topic Starter
juankristal

Evening wrote:

Think it would be better if there was an option to state that the map is "hybrid" type (or allow checkbox for multiple choices), helps in segregating tiebreaker potential maps, there could also be a short-answer option just in case it doesn't fall in any category

• A bit picky here but it will help people who submit like 100+ links:
  1. I doubt most drain time matters, just to make it easier for the user, you can just do options for 1-2 min, 2-3 min, ... 5+ min
  2. Not too sure why you need the metadata when you have the /b/, i recall that you can just generate metadata from the link but ok
    Following that, you don't really need the difficulty name if the link is /b/ since it directly links to that particular difficulty
  3. Think it would also be great if you have a map that gauges what is R16, QF, GF material, so that people can know what to select
  4. Would be cool if you can just have a system that allows the user to just dump 100+ /b/ links at 1 go too, should be plausible in google spreadsheets

that's all, have fun

edit: Could also include a small optional comment section in the form for additional information such as measure line usage etc.
If you need to submit 100+ links then its better to contact a map selector personally instead so you dont die in the process. The way this is has reasoning behind it (as we have a way to filter stuff and make it automated blabla). For the difficulty ranges, base yourself of the last MWC and we will figure it out, after all we will check all the community submissions.

For the types I have to agree, having the choice to set it as hybrid or tiebreaker was not listed by us and its a mistake on our part. However, with this many submissions already I feel that making the change is not going to be really relevant. That plus the fact that when we see a map thats around 5 minutes drain then we usually think of it as tiebreaker material.
Evening

juankristal wrote:

If you need to submit 100+ links then its better to contact a map selector personally instead so you dont die in the process.
While it does speed up process, the person still has to give 600+ other data to the map selector him/herself most of which I doubt is even much relevant to you while going through the suggested map list.

The form itself is just taxing to fill up and I don't get the excessive information I needed to fill in

juankristal wrote:

However, with this many submissions already I feel that making the change is not going to be really relevant. That plus the fact that when we see a map thats around 5 minutes drain then we usually think of it as tiebreaker material.
So basically, since you already did the form, you don't want to make another as it will "break" stuff

While i do agree that will happen if you have conflicting data types on the google sheet i do believe that you should better cater to the people submitting maps than that of making it easier for the map pool selectors.

If you can get enough maps then that is fine, this is the 4k side after all, i only worked for the 7k side.
Topic Starter
juankristal
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, all map pools have been revealed. With this I hope we have an amazing close for this tournament and I hope to see you all on the stream for the finals!