forum

Slippy keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Banbeucmas
So... I am having a shitty setup like this.
http://imgur.com/a/FYtEX

And no, don't look at the Steelseries 6gv2 black switch keyboard, I use my laptop keyboard to play osu!
So the proplem is, tapping the a/s key too much make the keyboard kind of slippery and because the distance to activate my input is kind of low (I mean look at the keyboard, it's almost flat af). I kind of getting worn out when it's come to long and consistant-requrirement play.
Is there anyway to improve this? don't ask me to use the merch keyboard to play since it is a pain to use black switch kb.
Deva
Literally all you have to do is use your mech keyboard
Or just get a cheapest keyboard you can find like I did, it's still better than playing on laptop keyboard
Topic Starter
Banbeucmas

HK_ wrote:

Literally all you have to do is use your mech keyboard
Or just get a cheapest keyboard you can find like I did, it's still better than playing on laptop keyboard
Any recommendation, maybe brown switch?
I still want some feed back tho...
Sandy Hoey

Banbeucmas wrote:

don't ask me to use the merch keyboard to play since it is a pain to use black switch kb.
Seems like its a pain playing with your laptop keyboard...
Deva

Banbeucmas wrote:

Any recommendation, maybe brown switch?
I still want some feed back tho...
I actually meant rubber dome keyboard
But if you feel like buying a mech just for osu is ok then idk
Topic Starter
Banbeucmas

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Banbeucmas wrote:

don't ask me to use the merch keyboard to play since it is a pain to use black switch kb.
Seems like its a pain playing with your laptop keyboard...
I kind of losing acc if I use the steelseries one.
Laptop kb it's good for me on acc but not for consistency when I am shacking af and I accidentally would press 2 button at once sometimes
StephOsu
i got my first 2k pp using laptop keyboard
after switching to my Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition™ I got like 2k more pp before realizing how stupid I was to pick razer's mechanical keyboard over any cherry mx switch keyboards in the market
but I still got to 5k pp with shitty razer greens anyways
The moral of the story is that even shitty razer greens are better than laptop keyboard
so use your mechanical keyboard and practice on it already
I Give Up
Blacks are very hard on stamina. If cost is an issue then instead of buying new kb you can always buy a couple mx brown switch replacement but its like $4 a switch I think.
KupcaH
Buy cheap rubber dome keyboard
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

Buy cheap rubber dome keyboard
this guy knows
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

this guy knows
Topic Starter
Banbeucmas

I Give Up wrote:

Blacks are very hard on stamina. If cost is an issue then instead of buying new kb you can always buy a couple mx brown switch replacement but its like $4 a switch I think.
That should do, I can afford that.
The only proplem excist rn is I don't have a comfortable place to put my wrist, any idea?
Maybe instead of using the keyboard I could buy a keypad?
I am on low budget...
Disillusionz

I Give Up wrote:

I am 95% sure that you will have to manually solder the new switches onto the board if OP is up to doing that.
Topic Starter
Banbeucmas

SirOxorsid wrote:

I Give Up wrote:

I am 95% sure that you will have to manually solder the new switches onto the board if OP is up to doing that.
Yeah, I am sort of not good on doing that
Maybe osu! Keypad? I can afford that tbh.
FlipSide82

Banbeucmas wrote:

So... I am having a shitty setup like this.
http://imgur.com/a/FYtEX

And no, don't look at the Steelseries 6gv2 black switch keyboard, I use my laptop keyboard to play osu!
So the proplem is, tapping the a/s key too much make the keyboard kind of slippery and because the distance to activate my input is kind of low (I mean look at the keyboard, it's almost flat af). I kind of getting worn out when it's come to long and consistant-requrirement play.
Is there anyway to improve this? don't ask me to use the merch keyboard to play since it is a pain to use black switch kb.
does it really slip??? just put ur palms on the desk or something XD