1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
posted
Hi, I just started osu! and i have a mouse/keyboard thing going. I used to use the mouse and click, but my friend told me if i wanna improve, i have to use the keyboard too. I try using 2 fingers (he told me to do that) but i cant. I always miss or get 100s on them. When i use 1 finger, my finger cant keep up with the notes popping up. Any tips or help? I'm so frustrate and I don't wanna keep playing the game because of this. :cry::cry::x HEEELLPPP
posted
I know you arent going to like this, but the only way to learn and get better is to play through it. If your fingers cant keep up with the maps you are playing right now, go down in difficulty until they can. As for your fingers, the two playstyles you describe are single tapping and alternating. Both are valid play styles that lots of players use. One is not necessarily better than the other, it really depends on what you want to use and what you practice with.

And your friend is wrong, you do not have to use a keyboard to play this game or even to get really good. If you want to play mouse-only, go ahead. Although I do agree that I saw a lot of improvement in my play when I learned how to play with the keyboard. But take that how you will...
posted
Play more and you'll get used to it.
posted
You have just started, no one was good when they started, so relax. You can choose to either alternate fingers every note (which is what I do) or single tap (use a single finger instead of switching every note) until you get to something that you need to alternate to keep up. Just keep playing, figure out which style works best for you. Also remember you can always decrease difficulty until you find something comfortable that you can practice with.
posted
I am generally one who hates it when people say "play more" but you honestly don't have enough play history for me to look at your stats and analyze your playing.

31 playcount is honestly less than I usually play in one day of playing. Heck I think I was still having problems completing spinners and holding sliders a long enough time at that point. Give it like to at least 1k playcount and I can almost guarantee you will improve drastically from your current level.
posted
you press z and then you press x
play more
posted

MoinLikesCoins wrote:

Hi, I just started osu! and i have a mouse/keyboard thing going. I used to use the mouse and click, but my friend told me if i wanna improve, i have to use the keyboard too. I try using 2 fingers (he told me to do that) but i cant. I always miss or get 100s on them. When i use 1 finger, my finger cant keep up with the notes popping up. Any tips or help? I'm so frustrate and I don't wanna keep playing the game because of this. :cry::cry::x HEEELLPPP
Just keep playing till u get used to 2 fingers
posted
You probably don't know yet when you are supposed to use 2 fingers or when you are supposed to use 1 finger. Some people constantly alternate between 2 fingers to play but most don't. At your level you probably should just be using 1 key to play and only use 2 keys in rapid succession when you see lots of notes very close together that are too fast for you to even be able to click them with 1 finger.

Basically don't force yourself to use 2 fingers, you will HAVE to use 2 fingers to play at some point once you encounter streams in your beatmaps. Unless of course you really want to be a fully alternating player, in which case your learning curve will be pretty steep.
posted
You have 32 plays. Don't ask for advice on how to improve before you have even begun to try.
posted

Philosofikal wrote:

You have 32 plays. Don't ask for advice on how to improve before you have even begun to try.
This guy knows
posted

StephOsu wrote:

you press z and then you press x
play more
posted

This Thread wrote:

How do I press buttons?
By pressing them.
posted
If you don't wanna play this game, then uninstall it, which I recommend it cause this game ruin lives
posted

N0thingSpecial wrote:

If you don't wanna play this game, then uninstall it, which I recommend it cause this game ruin lives
This guy knows
posted

KupcaH wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

If you don't wanna play this game, then uninstall it, which I recommend it cause this game ruin lives
This guy knows
posted
Just play. I could only single tap for ages, then i forced myself to alternate each circle no matter what, no matter if it was easy or hard, always alternate fingers. I dont know when it happened but it sort of just clicked and now I dont have that much trouble and find I can do much faster songs, and im way better at streams (even if there arent many at my trash level lol).
posted

KupcaH wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

If you don't wanna play this game, then uninstall it, which I recommend it cause this game ruin lives
This guy knows
Please sign in to reply.