Aiden's [SD/HD] [Standard]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Aiden-

Soo this is my first skin. I want to share it with others c:
Let me know if you like it - criticism and feedback are appreciated ^-^

(P.S. I know, the name is creative as hell)

Song Selection

Mod Selection

Gameplay

Pause Screen

Ranking Screen

In the "Reserve" folder you can find some alternatives such as:

- a bigger scorebar
- followpoints as lines, not as dots
- and finally some of the PSDs I used

The latest version of the skin can be downloaded here

v1.0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sccouqe8fgo6nx5/Aiden%27s.osk

The skin elements were generally made by me (excluding sounds).
There are few parts taken and modified (!) from other skins.
The owners gave me their permission for doing this. o/

Individual skinparts taken and modified from:

-cherryglow-v2 by Falbere

(Falbere gave me the Mods. I only skinned the v2-Icon completely from scratch.)

Seoul++ 16-9 by Seouless

(Spinner-Circle and Sliderscorepoint - both modified. The idea though comes from Seouless.)

WWW Skin 1.7 by WubWoofWolf

(Miss-Icon)

Fatal3ty
Mixed Skin is not allowed here.

Read this rules: t/318193 :)
h3oCharles
Mixed skins aren't allowed unless you have permissions, those you can leave in your signature or userprofile if you're going to get/have osu!supporter
Gotta admit tho, nice OP

EDIT1: Hoooold your horses, you have some credits... I think you're missing NewSkinColor2 and WubWoofWolf's. Hate to say it, but I think this is going to be the first mixed skin that's going to pass
OsuMe65

Fatal3ty wrote:

Rest In Peace, Mixed Skin declaration 2017-2017
Ryoid
Lol first allowed mixed skin
Can't wait to try XD
Alverynn
Eh, i thought providing the permission is to ask the creator(s) theirselves so right now i'm really confused if giving the credits to each elements is enough to be called a permission or not
Fatal3ty

OsuMe65 wrote:

Fatal3ty wrote:

Rest In Peace, Mixed Skin declaration 2017-2017
Sorry, i write wrong and my english is not good. I mean mixed skin is wrong place here. :(

Edit: I didn't see this "Credit", sorry. This picture "credit" that wont load in my browser, reload that fix. :o
Lyawi
Credits aren't permissions. As Fatal3ty already said, posting a mixed skin isn't allowed here, she also gave a link to the rules so that you all should know now.

Did you ask them for using their work, Aiden?
Topic Starter
-Aiden-
Alright. So I'm pretty new to the forum in general. I just didn't completely know how it works.
First of all thank you for the information! I already asked some of the Skin-Creators (it's only few parts and they are modified, but anyway ofc I understand!) and they gave me their permission. I will put Screenshots of the messages into the Credit-section.
I will speak to the others too and well .. will make those parts of ppl, who do not answer me, totally from scratch.

Until then i will delete the skin (if i figure out how to do this ... :?: ) and finally repost it :) I think a good first step will be to delete the download link.

Sorry for my misstakes. o/
Falbere
I had given permissions before the skin is released, oh well.
Topic Starter
-Aiden-
Hey o/

So I just re-uploaded my skin. All the elements (besides those listed in the Credit-Section) are Originals. For using those listed in the Credit-Section I have got all the necessary permissions.

I hope, everything is fine now and that you will enjoy the skin.

Still, I am happy for any feedback you give me ^-^
epsilonplays
Not going to lie...I was kind of confused because I was like "some of this stuff looks really familiar" but then I read this thread's comments and I was like "oh right"

But honestly, I think it's pretty decent. The back button sound is a tad deafening but other than that, it's good.
h3oCharles
so yea... indeed first[?] ever mixed skin that passed... wow... now that is something rare to look at
Lyawi

h3oCharles wrote:

so yea... indeed first[?] ever mixed skin that passed... wow... now that is something rare to look at
Because people are mostly too lazy to ask skinners for their permission I would say.

sweet skin, looks pretty clean. :p I just don't like glowed elements, but that's just my taste
crystalsuicune
Well bloody hell,a mixed skin that actually got proper credits and permissions.
You don't see that everyday!

Good for ya on that :3
h3oCharles
The sliderb and slider follow circ combo is... interesting... it looks like something FL players would use
Topic Starter
-Aiden-
I've now made the skin completely original. For covering that I created a new post.

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/617938 (<- new skin post)

That means that any further changes will be covered in the new post. Don't worry, of course, I won't create new posts for every new version of the skin. But since it is the first original-only version, I hope, opening a new post will not be a problem.

Additional information can be found in the new skin post c: