forum

Yoko Takahashi - Zankoku na Tenshi no Teize (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 30 March 2018 at 16:25:39

Artist: Yoko Takahashi
Title: Zankoku na Tenshi no Teize (TV Size)
Source: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tags: eva evangelion nge rei asuka shinji cruel angels thesis
BPM: 80
Filesize: 2406kb
Play Time: 01:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.46 stars, 81 notes)
  2. Hard (3.19 stars, 200 notes)
  3. Normal (2.07 stars, 135 notes)
Download: Yoko Takahashi - Zankoku na Tenshi no Teize (TV Size)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
(I did do a bunch of stuff before here but I didn't record it...)

[09/01/2018] - Easy is looking good, might need to fix some overlapping if modders think it's an issue though.
[10/01/2018] - Fixed offscreen stuff, filled in rhythms etc. Hard has changed quite a lot now so it probs need to be modded a ton lul.
[14/01/2018] - No more bad overlaps.
[26/01/2018] - Fixed NC sections in Normal
[10/02/2018] - Tweaked sliders at the start
[10/02/2018] - Fixed weird slider placement in Hard
[25/02/2018] - Started applying most recent mod...
[15/03/2018] - Barely have time to work on it, getting there though.
[30/03/2018] - Should finish the mod in the next week or so.
-CK-
Greetings ^^

Going to focus on the Normal Difficulty

-In General-

I. -Advice-

So I've got to get this out of the way before I start modding anything. This is my opinion on your map(s) and I hope that it helps you improve.
Your mapping style is old. You (almost) only use linear slider shapes, linear paterns (just look at your first pattern 00:16:471 (3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - ) and symmetry. This is exactly how old maps are always explained to me and look to me. I do not know if this is your intention because ofcourse if this is your kind of mapping style then man, go for it. But I personally do not like this 'old' mapping style since I have only played recent maps myself (I started like 1 years ago or something). You should look up some normal/insane diffs from more recent maps. You will see that they use a LOT of curved slider shapes and paterns with angles and a higher distance snap.

II. -Design-
Iam blindly going to copy this from a mod that I received myself.
1. Go to song_setup/design to disable widescreen support, your map doesn't have any storyboards do by doing this will reduce lag

III. -Ranking Criteria-

https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Ranking_Criteria/osu! Read it alllll ^^

Avoid long chains of hit objects with 1/2 gaps. Too many consecutive hit objects overlapping can be confusing for new players.
00:16:471 (3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - I think this pattern can definitely be confusing for new players.

Avoid overlapping circles, slider heads, and slider tails. These can be confusing for new players. 1/2 overlaps due to distance snapping are an exception.
You do this mainly in your chorus. 01:27:539 (4,1,2,3,4) - These kind of overlaps are really, really hard for a new player to read.

Spinner recovery time should be at least 2 beats. This is to ensure adequate time to click a hit object following a spinner.
This spinner for example 00:12:027 (1) - Breaks that rule.

Fyi: I don't list every patern, overlap or spinner that needs to be changed because you should be able to figure that out yourself :)

-The Actual Map-

00:05:465 (2) - There is no sound on the blue tick, the slider should repeat once on the red tick, and end on the white tick after that. (It should be a 1/2 slider)

00:10:340 (3) - There is no sound on this tick so there shouldn't be a hitobject.

00:15:772 (2) - This slider should be on the white ticks. You do hear a sound on the blue tick, but thats only build up to the sound that comes on the white tick afterwards. Therefore the player will perceive the white tick as the main sound.

00:22:995 (1,2) - I would personally make this a slider so the player wouldn't have to click a 1/4 rhytm. I think I'd do this with every 1/4 rhytm in a normal actually.

00:52:005 (4) - It is nice that you made this strong sound a slider, because that is a way to emphasize it. But you emphasize a sound through Clicking Therefore the slider should start on the white tick.

The rest of the map changes are in the sections above.

And that about ends my mod

Good luck mapping ^^
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu
Greetings ^^
Hello there! :p

a higher distance snap.
I didn't know you could change distance snap size ripppp.

Go to song_setup/design to disable widescreen support
It was already disabled so I assume you meant enable and turned it on. The performance in the editor seemed to improve.

https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Ranking_Criteria/osu! Read it alllll ^^
I am better acquainted with it now haha.

Avoid long chains of hit objects with 1/2 gaps. Too many consecutive hit objects overlapping can be confusing for new players.
00:16:471 (3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - I think this pattern can definitely be confusing for new players.

Avoid overlapping circles, slider heads, and slider tails. These can be confusing for new players. 1/2 overlaps due to distance snapping are an exception.
You do this mainly in your chorus. 01:27:539 (4,1,2,3,4) - These kind of overlaps are really, really hard for a new player to read.

Spinner recovery time should be at least 2 beats. This is to ensure adequate time to click a hit object following a spinner.
This spinner for example 00:12:027 (1) - Breaks that rule.
I fixed these with sliders and stuff. Feel free to tell me if I missed any if you play it again but I think it's a lot better now!

00:05:465 (2) - There is no sound on the blue tick, the slider should repeat once on the red tick, and end on the white tick after that. (It should be a 1/2 slider)

00:10:340 (3) - There is no sound on this tick so there shouldn't be a hitobject.

00:15:772 (2) - This slider should be on the white ticks. You do hear a sound on the blue tick, but thats only build up to the sound that comes on the white tick afterwards. Therefore the player will perceive the white tick as the main sound.

00:22:995 (1,2) - I would personally make this a slider so the player wouldn't have to click a 1/4 rhytm. I think I'd do this with every 1/4 rhytm in a normal actually.

00:52:005 (4) - It is nice that you made this strong sound a slider, because that is a way to emphasize it. But you emphasize a sound through Clicking Therefore the slider should start on the white tick.
Fixed.

Good luck mapping ^^
You too!
-CK-
Annndddd here Iam again ^^

Hard diff this time :)

Lets dive right into the mod shall we?

00:15:772 (3) - The slider velocity of this slider really suprised me the first time i played your map, I suggest making it slower.

00:20:432 (1,2,3,4) - These four notes are all half a beat away from eachother, yet the spacing is almost random between the notes. I suggest you make the spacing consistent. You can also try to make these four notes lead into the following slider a bit better (in the same way a slider can lead into a note).

00:23:111 (3) - Let this slider point to the next circle

00:29:752 (4,1) - Make these two sliders the same by copy and pasting the first one and pressing ctrl+h

00:37:208 (3) - Let this slider point to the next cirkle

There is a *Guitar??? sound Here 00:40:938 (2) - Here 00:41:869 (1) - And here 00:42:801 (3) - You expressed the first one with a slider (which I think is a perfect way to do so) : 00:40:938 (2) - So you should make the other two sliders aswell.

00:45:597 (2,2) - These two are on the same spot but These two aren't 00:45:597 (2,2) - Just Ctrl+c 00:45:364 (1) - And past it here: 00:47:228 (1)

01:23:228 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2) - This is really hard to read, I suggest making it easier by moving 01:24:742 (1,2) - outside of the overlaps for example.

01:28:005 (1,2) - You can move these two notes, so that note number one is placed on top of the previous slider: 01:26:956 (2)

And that's all for my mod ^^

Good luck mapping :D
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu
00:15:772 (3) - The slider velocity of this slider really surprised me the first time i played your map, I suggest making it slower.
The song speeds up and gets more lively so it fits with the song imo. I made the slider a bit shorter to match the sound though.

00:20:432 (1,2,3,4) - These four notes are all half a beat away from eachother, yet the spacing is almost random between the notes.
Good point, I made the distance between them the same (by eye) and made them point/lead into the slider like you suggested (ty for the screenshots overall btw).

00:23:111 (3) - Let this slider point to the next circle
Done.

00:29:752 (4,1) - Make these two sliders the same by copy and pasting the first one and pressing ctrl+h
Wow, that's a useful shortcut haha.

There is a *Guitar??? sound Here 00:40:938 (2) - Here 00:41:869 (1) - And here 00:42:801 (3) - You expressed the first one with a slider (which I think is a perfect way to do so) : 00:40:938 (2) - So you should make the other two sliders as well.
I think it's a bass guitar and that really makes the map flow better, jeez!

00:45:597 (2,2) - These two are on the same spot but These two aren't 00:45:597 (2,2) - Just Ctrl+c 00:45:364 (1) - And past it here: 00:47:228 (1)
This shows how lazy I've been when mapping >-<. Fixed.

01:23:228 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2) - This is really hard to read, I suggest making it easier by moving 01:24:742 (1,2) - outside of the overlaps for example.
I agree, I tweaked it a bit.

01:28:005 (1,2) - You can move these two notes, so that note number one is placed on top of the previous slider: 01:26:956 (2)
Ah, yeah. That fits more with my map too!

Thanks for the mod!
ABD007
actually it's not hurt if ''widescreen is enable" for player to play this map . Yea i know that widescreen need to use for storyboard but , it's not related to the gameplay right ? As u can see , ranked map got that too with unstoryboard ><
Fursum
To answer the question above, widescreen support is a bit iffy so it might create some problems. That's why BN's tend to note that.

I'm late ;;
M4M but my map is changed :d
This is the new map im working on but if you don't like it you can choose the other maps on my q

[General]

Bpm is wrong, you can clearly hear the difference later on in the song. I tried things a bit and 128,65 is a bit better. Ask someone who can time old songs tho :p

[Normal]

Base sv doesn't work very well with your ds, objects become very crowded and slider speed is pretty different than the movement between objects.

Most of the map suffers from overcrowded notes with many approach circles so it won't play well for many players.

Consecutive circles shouldn't have different time gaps like here 00:33:830 (2,3,4,5) - because most new players would mess up the irregular rythm.

00:08:465 (5,2) - I'd avoid these overlaps as they are both visible at some point. This is applicable to every object in low diffs.

00:29:519 (1,2) - This is too gimmicky with low AR, don't do these. Most players would think of this as a 1/4 gap.

Having a map concept is fine but diagonal placement like this is very hard to pull off if you want to make a good map.

[Hard]
While you have some structure on Combo'ing as each different pattern is comboed differently. However you rarely made use of measures as they are like mini patterns in a song, and tried to follow some vocal words but I can't understand Japanese, can't comment on that. Anyways on to the point: I think you grouped the sounds irregularly and it creates a disconnect between the song and the map. The most basic grouping is just looking at the white ticks when the song is simple enough, and this one is.

00:02:465 (2,1,2) - While you have some overlap structure here, the circles are rarely good when they are under a slider body, especially if its the previous object like in this example. Also I don't think the angle looks particularly good between the two sliders. The overlap thing applies to other places as well like 00:23:927 (1) -

00:15:656 (2,3) - I don't like the spaced 1/4's cause it is just a hard. To add on that, they are harder to play when the spaced 1/4 is a fast slider. This could fit well if the sounds were distinctly strong but I don't think they work well in an average section.

00:16:471 (1,2) - (1) should be an object of the previous pattern as the measure starts on (2), also NC on (2) not (1). Same on 00:20:199 (1) -

01:09:830 (1) - For some aesthetical and structural advice, don't do these kinds of overlaps between sliders. (1) could fit in many places, the heads can overlap, the tails can overlap, one's head and one's tail can overlap, or they don't overlap at all. But currently it looks a bit random and unstructured.

01:10:762 (1,2,1,2) - For some gameplay tip, when the objects have different time gaps, try not to have the same movement. They are in the same circular motion. If they were a bit snappy and the bpm was faster I'd probably overlook but right now they are not snappy and you just follow one curve with your hand. This creates a disconnect between two hands.

The map has issues with linking patterns together and having some cohesion in visuals. The rythm could be more intuitive by using sliders and not just clicks on almost every note and blanks on many places. Like having more passive notes with slider ends and reverse arrows to fill the map and flow the rythm better.

To dishearten more, if you want to rank this, it probably wont be unless you remap after having more experience on structuring and aesthetics. If the map doesn't have those, it is almost impossible to mod a map to rankability.

Good luck on your journey, hope I did not end it :d
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu

Fursum wrote:

To answer the question above, widescreen support is a bit iffy so it might create some problems. That's why BN's tend to note that.

I'm late ;;
M4M but my map is changed :d
This is the new map im working on but if you don't like it you can choose the other maps on my q I'll check it out soon - I wanna mod at least 2 difficulties coz you did that for me so it might take a while (especially as I'm a noob ><)

[General]

Bpm is wrong, you can clearly hear the difference later on in the song. I tried things a bit and 128,65 is a bit better. Ask someone who can time old songs tho :p Thanks a lot, I knew that it was a bit off but I'm not great with timing - Fixed.

[Normal]

Base sv doesn't work very well with your ds, objects become very crowded and slider speed is pretty different than the movement between objects. I decreased slider velocity and increased distance snap, objects are now more spaced (still not too far for a Normal)

Most of the map suffers from overcrowded notes with many approach circles so it won't play well for many players. See above point.

Consecutive circles shouldn't have different time gaps like here 00:33:830 (2,3,4,5) - because most new players would mess up the irregular rythm. Noted - will change this in all difficulties; doing stuff like replacing them with sliders

00:08:465 (5,2) - I'd avoid these overlaps as they are both visible at some point. This is applicable to every object in low diffs. Remapped objects in such a way that they don't overlap

00:29:519 (1,2) - This is too gimmicky with low AR, don't do these. Most players would think of this as a 1/4 gap. Noted, remapped.

Having a map concept is fine but diagonal placement like this is very hard to pull off if you want to make a good map. Could you explain what you mean by 'diagonal placement'? Do you just mean whenever I don't use circular motion etc.?

[Hard]
While you have some structure on Combo'ing as each different pattern is comboed differently. However you rarely made use of measures as they are like mini patterns in a song, and tried to follow some vocal words but I can't understand Japanese, can't comment on that. Anyways on to the point: I think you grouped the sounds irregularly and it creates a disconnect between the song and the map. The most basic grouping is just looking at the white ticks when the song is simple enough, and this one is. That's quite vague, I'll have a play with it until I try to get it though!

00:02:465 (2,1,2) - While you have some overlap structure here, the circles are rarely good when they are under a slider body, especially if its the previous object like in this example. Also I don't think the angle looks particularly good between the two sliders. The overlap thing applies to other places as well like 00:23:927 (1) - Yeah, I changed this everywhere it happened.

00:15:656 (2,3) - I don't like the spaced 1/4's cause it is just a hard. To add on that, they are harder to play when the spaced 1/4 is a fast slider. This could fit well if the sounds were distinctly strong but I don't think they work well in an average section. Yeah you're right, it's pretty tough for a Hard - fixed

00:16:471 (1,2) - (1) should be an object of the previous pattern as the measure starts on (2), also NC on (2) not (1). Same on 00:20:199 (1) - Fixed

01:09:830 (1) - For some aesthetical and structural advice, don't do these kinds of overlaps between sliders. (1) could fit in many places, the heads can overlap, the tails can overlap, one's head and one's tail can overlap, or they don't overlap at all. But currently it looks a bit random and unstructured. I wanted to nest the previous slider tail in it but it looks better changing it in your way.

01:10:762 (1,2,1,2) - For some gameplay tip, when the objects have different time gaps, try not to have the same movement. They are in the same circular motion. If they were a bit snappy and the bpm was faster I'd probably overlook but right now they are not snappy and you just follow one curve with your hand. This creates a disconnect between two hands. I increased the spacing here - hopefully it's still only Hard difficulty though ><

The map has issues with linking patterns together and having some cohesion in visuals. The rythm could be more intuitive by using sliders and not just clicks on almost every note and blanks on many places. Like having more passive notes with slider ends and reverse arrows to fill the map and flow the rythm better. Will make better use of sliders and placement...

To dishearten more, if you want to rank this, it probably wont be unless you remap after having more experience on structuring and aesthetics. If the map doesn't have those, it is almost impossible to mod a map to rankability. Don't worry, I've already remapped it once, I'm prepared to do it more as I improve :p but noted.

Good luck on your journey, hope I did not end it :d Thanks! it's fine haha, I knew it was gonna be below average for you but I need that harsh advice to improve :]
Thanks for the mod!!
bite you death
hello, from my queue

• general
  1. background is too bright, hurts my eyes. consider changing it
  2. since you dont have an easy difficulty, your normal should be basic and not too dense, unless you decide to add an easy diff

normal
  3. the beginning has extremely slow sliders, you should make them faster so they dont seem all that different from after the spinner
  4. change ar to 5/4 and od to 4/3.5/3, depending on ar
  5. try to avoid using 1/4 rhythms in normal diffs
  6. check your ncs, they dont seem to be in the right place most of the time
  7. 00:15:656 (3) - move to the white tick to the right, fits better
  8. 00:17:638 (3,1) - could be changed to a 3/4 slider only to eliminate 1/4 rhythm
  9. 00:20:436 - should be clickable imo
  10. 00:23:001 (2) - why is this a 1/4 slider? could extend to 3/2 slider
  11. 00:29:531 (1,1) -, 00:44:455 (1,1) - i would avoid these seeing as its the lowest diff of the spread
  12. 00:48:419 (2,3,4) - something like this works better here
  13. 00:50:285 (5,1) - dont use spacing emphasis in normal diff, stick to the same ds for sections, can switch if the song supports it, not just a single sound
  14. 00:50:285 (5,1,2,3,4,1) - 6 circles in a row
  15. 00:51:684 (3,4,1) - same spacing for different snap
  16. 00:52:150 (4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - could use repeat 3/4 sliders here, feels less awkward
  17. 01:01:478 (3,1) - stack
  18. 01:18:267 (1) - offscreen, unrankable
  19. 01:07:074 - start kiai here
  20. 01:27:595 - end kiai here

hard
  21. sliders are too fast, lower sv, 2x sv at 00:22:302 - doesnt feel right at all
  22. 00:23:118 (3) -, 00:24:167 (1) -, 00:27:315 (5) -, 00:27:898 (1) -, 00:29:764 (1) -, 00:31:629 (1) -, 00:33:495 (1) -, 00:36:060 (5) -, 00:39:091 (4) -, 00:40:957 (2) -, 00:41:890 (2) -, 00:42:822 (2) -, 00:48:769 (3) -, 00:54:948 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - wrong snap
  23. offscreen and touches hp bar, unrankable
  24. 01:23:281 (2,3,1) - confusing ds
  25. 01:25:730 (1) - offscreen

hard seems like a taiko diff with the rhythm choice, 01:15:819 (2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - all circles etc, work on the hard and add an easy diff and this set is okay, gl
bejewelled
From Modding Queue.

General

Hard
00:10:340 (2) - No vocal at the start of (2) so there shouldn't be a slider there.
00:15:306 (1,2,3) - Pretty drastic slider velocity increase. Because of this I would definitely increase the AR of the map to 9.
00:27:315 (5,1) - This is a pretty boring flow of notes; try curving?
00:33:495 (1,2) - Again, flow issues. 0, 90, 180 degree turns don't really flow especially when you have curves as well as straight sliders.
00:38:042 (2) - The vocal is more pronounced if you move this to the next white tick (forward 1/4 beat).
00:50:285 (3,4) - Disruption of map flow. Try mirroring (4) and also curve the sliders so the map doesn't look boring.
00:57:747 (1,2,3,4) - Could make these into a larger box.
Whole kiai time is pretty boring. Just repeats the same rhythm over and over. Also the 90 degree angles don't flow well and the SV is too high.

Needs some work but getting there.

Normal
00:05:465 (2,3) - Playing at 25% the end of the slider doesn't exactly match the vocals (and you would need to end it on a 16th beat to match perfectly) so IMO I would scrap it and put in a long slider.
00:10:715 (2,3,4) - Just weird. Make 2,3,4 into a triangle.
Again the entire map is repetitive and awkward. The right angles seem clean but they don't make the map flow. Curved sliders = better on most easier maps since it's easier to follow.

Need any help? Message me.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu

Swegmec wrote:

From Modding Queue.

General

Hard
00:10:340 (2) - No vocal at the start of (2) so there shouldn't be a slider there. Changed to one long slider
00:15:306 (1,2,3) - Pretty drastic slider velocity increase. Because of this I would definitely increase the AR of the map to 9. As it's a hard I can't increase it past 8 :/
00:27:315 (5,1) - This is a pretty boring flow of notes; try curving? I think it's one of the more interesting parts of the map and the reverse slider into the circle is just a consistent thing I use for that pattern in the song - I have incorporated more interesting sliders into the map though
00:33:495 (1,2) - Again, flow issues. 0, 90, 180 degree turns don't really flow especially when you have curves as well as straight sliders. I think it's fine and works well in the context of the map - I don't want to follow the usual circular motion, I kinda like the stopping and starting aspect of it.

00:38:042 (2) - The vocal is more pronounced if you move this to the next white tick (forward 1/4 beat). Fixed - made the slider reverse and removed the circle
00:50:285 (3,4) - Disruption of map flow. Try mirroring (4) and also curve the sliders so the map doesn't look boring. Changed shapes with red anchors
00:57:747 (1,2,3,4) - Could make these into a larger box. Fixed
Whole kiai time is pretty boring. Just repeats the same rhythm over and over. I mean, I repeat the circular reverse sliders because the singer sings that note a lot, changing it would go against the music imo; also, the middle part has some defining parts that aren't repeated like the short stream and
1/2 beat circles...that being said, I've changed it a bit as it is quite same-y
Also the 90 degree angles don't flow well and the SV is too high It's the same as the start though - after changing the sliders to take a wider angle at times, it doesn't feel as bad though..

Needs some work but getting there.

Normal
00:05:465 (2,3) - Playing at 25% the end of the slider doesn't exactly match the vocals (and you would need to end it on a 16th beat to match perfectly) so IMO I would scrap it and put in a long slider. Fixed
00:10:715 (2,3,4) - Just weird. Make 2,3,4 into a triangle. But muh right angles ;-; I stacked (4) as a compromise
Again the entire map is repetitive and awkward Repetitiveness is not that bad in a Normal imo - newer players would prefer the simplicity of it; as for awkwardness...that's quite a subjective thing and without having given some overarching feedback, I don't know what to do to change it (about the curved sliders, I wanted to only use them in the main chorus parts and keep straight sliders for the verses etc. and I don't want to stop doing that as it's the main point of the mapset). The right angles seem clean but they don't make the map flow. Curved sliders = better on most easier maps since it's easier to follow. Due to the low SV, the sliders are so short that them being curved wouldn't matter much but I have adjusted the longer ones.

Need any help? Message me.
Good luck!
Thanks!!
Daycore
Hello! ~ From my queue

This mod is short because I didn't found a lot of troubles, but if you want, you can mod my map! ~ https://osu.ppy.sh/s/662778

Easy
00:22:768 (2,3,4) - this spacing is high for easy difficulty
00:52:150 (1,2) - maybe move away, 'cuz it looks odd?
00:55:881 (1,2) - ^
00:59:612 (1,2) - ^^
01:03:343 (1,2) - ^^^
01:05:209 (1,1) - stack and turn off NC on first (01:05:209 (1)) slider
Kiai have same problems that I wrote already

Hard
00:34:894 (3,5) - overlap (you can stack it)
00:54:716 (3,1) - ^
01:08:007 (2,3,1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9468193
01:15:819 (3,2) - overlap
01:20:366 (4) - stack this circle with the end of the 01:21:066 (3) -

Good luck! :)
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu

Daycore wrote:

Hello! ~ From my queue

This mod is short because I didn't found a lot of troubles, but if you want, you can mod my map! ~ https://osu.ppy.sh/s/662778

Easy
00:22:768 (2,3,4) - this spacing is high for easy difficulty it's the same DS as all the other notes (1.00x)
00:52:150 (1,2) - maybe move away, 'cuz it looks odd?
00:55:881 (1,2) - ^
00:59:612 (1,2) - ^^
01:03:343 (1,2) - ^^^ I increased stacking leniency and it fixed it :]
01:05:209 (1,1) - stack and turn off NC on first (01:05:209 (1)) slider
Kiai have same problems that I wrote already

Hard
00:34:894 (3,5) - overlap (you can stack it) can't, would go against DS
00:54:716 (3,1) - ^ fixed
01:08:007 (2,3,1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9468193 ???
01:15:819 (3,2) - overlap fixed
01:20:366 (4) - stack this circle with the end of the 01:21:066 (3) - fixed

Good luck! :)
ty for mod :]
Alexsander
Hello!
M4M from my queue:
General
  1. Review distances mainly on simple and easy difficulty
[Easy]

1. 00:29:764 (1) - The distance is too high, it decreases because you used 1 DS on the whole map
  2. 01:18:267 (1,2,3) - this overlapping is not interesting, Same thing in 01:21:998 (1,3) -
[Normal]

1. 00:20:436 (1,2,3,4,5) - You could change that part, these amounts of circles will be difficult for beginners, a solution would be

[Hard]

1. 00:22:302 - Should put a note since the sound is important
  2. 01:06:375 - You could map this part
The map is going the right way, just fix some errors and polish a little more.
Good luck
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu

TheBenderGamer wrote:

Hello!
M4M from my queue:
General
  1. Review distances mainly on simple and easy difficulty
[Easy]

1. 00:29:764 (1) - The distance is too high, it decreases because you used 1 DS on the whole map
  2. 01:18:267 (1,2,3) - this overlapping is not interesting, Same thing in 01:21:998 (1,3) -
[Normal]

1. 00:20:436 (1,2,3,4,5) - You could change that part, these amounts of circles will be difficult for beginners, a solution would be

[Hard]

1. 00:22:302 - Should put a note since the sound is important
  2. 01:06:375 - You could map this part
The map is going the right way, just fix some errors and polish a little more.
Good luck
Fixed all! Thanks for the mod
DeletedUser_10209520
Hello!
From my M4M queue!

Hard
00:00:965 (1,2) - Good opportunity for a blanket here if you widen 1 a bit.
00:03:965 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - ^
00:15:772 (3) - Woah, chill out with the SV change. There's no way to tell this will be 2x SV here. Make the change smaller, e.g. just put it to 1.2/1.3x SV.
00:17:171 (3,4,5,6,7) - Push 7 further down and right to make a diamond shape out of these notes.
00:23:118 (3,4) - Place 4 in a straight line with 3.
00:59:146 (4,1) - Why is this note stacked, when all the others weren't?
01:07:074 (1) - Again, chill on the SV change a bit.
01:12:671 (1,2,3,4) - Oh man, that's bringing back old map memories. Try turning these into a square for a better aesthetic?

Easy/Normal
Fix DS errors in Ctrl+Shift+A on Normal.

Rhythm is fine overall, and general note composition is fine, but apparently this map's been sent to us in the future from 10 years ago, judging by the aesthetics. Sliders only seem to travel in 4 directions, which gets really samey after a while and also just looks old.

Look up some aesthetics tutorials on YouTube for help here - A Mo is your best bet here, although the go-to Pishifat might offer some help too. Also, try editing and dissecting some modern maps to see how they're made - it might help you some.

GL, HF!
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu

SuperCSGO wrote:

Hello!
From my M4M queue!

Hard
00:00:965 (1,2) - Good opportunity for a blanket here if you widen 1 a bit. Nope, the DS is too large and it just isnt a pattern that comes up in the map.
00:03:965 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - ^ ^
00:15:772 (3) - Woah, chill out with the SV change. There's no way to tell this will be 2x SV here. Make the change smaller, e.g. just put it to 1.2/1.3x SV. Put it down to 1.5x, it's still the more upbeat part of the song so yea.
00:17:171 (3,4,5,6,7) - Push 7 further down and right to make a diamond shape out of these notes. done.
00:23:118 (3,4) - Place 4 in a straight line with 3. done.
00:59:146 (4,1) - Why is this note stacked, when all the others weren't? because they dont fit(??)
01:07:074 (1) - Again, chill on the SV change a bit.
01:12:671 (1,2,3,4) - Oh man, that's bringing back old map memories. Try turning these into a square for a better aesthetic?done.

Easy/Normal
Fix DS errors in Ctrl+Shift+A on Normal. I'm pretty sure it's buggy, I tried for a long time and no matter how I dragged the objects, unless they were stacked, it would say they were too far away :/ maybe someone else can help me but yea, idk how to fix.

Rhythm is fine overall, and general note composition is fine, but apparently this map's been sent to us in the future from 10 years ago, judging by the aesthetics. Sliders only seem to travel in 4 directions, which gets really samey after a while and also just looks old. As they are the easier difficulties, I think it's fine.

Look up some aesthetics tutorials on YouTube for help here - A Mo is your best bet here, although the go-to Pishifat might offer some help too. Also, try editing and dissecting some modern maps to see how they're made - it might help you some. ty but i dislike most modern maps, hence why I try to map with an older style - with a bit less troll though haha.

GL, HF!
Big thanks!
pife1
Hi mod random

General

Please don't abuse to switch color, only change color when is really neccesary example: a abrupt change or begin the KIAI time or change relevant
Please use the tools, use distance snap
Thi hitsounds are very loud or the songs is too low?

Easy

00:09:027 (1) - An Easy the spinner should wait a white tick for begginers, should be: 00:09:965
00:14:840 (1,2,1,2,1,1,1,2,3,4,1,2) - Don't use this in easy, because it's easy,I've forggotten the name overlap?, and the rest of map is very similar

Nomal
00:12:027 (1) - Very anticipated
00:52:150 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Please don't abuse of clap could be very desesperante, you can use normal and drum too

Hard

00:23:001 (2,3) - Be careful is very confusing there, please change it.
01:08:007 (2,3,1) -^
01:28:295 (3,4) - ^

Be carefull although my mod is very short, you should work very hard.
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu

pife1 wrote:

Hi mod random

General

Please don't abuse to switch color, only change color when is really neccesary example: a abrupt change or begin the KIAI time or change relevant ? it's just the combo colours, I guess I'll make them a bit more similar.
Please use the tools, use distance snap ??? i have
Thi hitsounds are very loud or the songs is too low? made hitsounds quieter

Easy

00:09:027 (1) - An Easy the spinner should wait a white tick for begginers, should be: 00:09:965 the sound doesn't land on the white tick and it needs to have at least 4 beats of break before the first note so that's not possible.
00:14:840 (1,2,1,2,1,1,1,2,3,4,1,2) - Don't use this in easy, because it's easy,I've forggotten the name overlap?, and the rest of map is very similar fixed overlapping issues for all 1/1 beats.

Nomal
00:12:027 (1) - Very anticipated ???
00:52:150 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Please don't abuse of clap could be very desesperante, you can use normal and drum too removed the unneeded claps

Hard

00:23:001 (2,3) - Be careful is very confusing there, please change it. Nah, I think the transition in pitch in the vocals allows the change in direction - if you hold the cursor over areas where both objects cross, it's just a normal 1/4 into slider anyway.
01:08:007 (2,3,1) -^ It's the hardest difficulty, I think having overlapping circles and sliders is fine.
01:28:295 (3,4) - ^ changed it, the DS was wrong anyway

Be carefull although my mod is very short, you should work very hard.
Thanks for the mod!
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu
To the next modder, here are some things I need some help with:
- fixing the DS alerts on Normal (despite me moving the objects around, it just doesnt fix itself .-.)
- Making Easy lower in terms of star rating.
hypercyte
OK Let's sort out the issues you're having shall we?

Easy:

So in easy, I would never put more than 2 consecutive hitcircles in the timeline. Even 2 would be a stretch for easy diffs imo. This is why your star rating went above 1.5*.
So here are the main culprits:
00:20:436 (1,2,3,4) - Change these into 2 sliders instead. Star rating drops instantly to 1.52*
01:16:868 (2,3,4) - Make it into 1 slider and 1 hitcircle
01:20:132 (2,3,4) - ^
01:26:196 (2,3,4) - ^

After you make these changes, the star rating will be within the easy diff boundary. =w=b

-

00:09:215 (1) - Start spinner on white tick, end on white tick

Also, generally I feel like you use too many striaght sliders. Try adding some variety and use more curved sliders and red anchors on sliders.

Normal:

As for the normal DS issues, I'm not too sure what the problem is.

01:05:209 (1) - OFF SCREEN with hardrock! Unrankable, please adjust position accordingly. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/SsNnSKh.jpg

01:07:074 (1) - Slider is curved a bit too much. bring the middle anchor in a bit.
01:10:805 (1) - ^
01:18:267 (1) - ^
01:21:998 (1) - ^

That's all from me, good luck :D
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu

hypercyte wrote:

OK Let's sort out the issues you're having shall we?

Easy:

So in easy, I would never put more than 2 consecutive hitcircles in the timeline. Even 2 would be a stretch for easy diffs imo. This is why your star rating went above 1.5*.
So here are the main culprits:
00:20:436 (1,2,3,4) - Change these into 2 sliders instead. Star rating drops instantly to 1.52*
01:16:868 (2,3,4) - Make it into 1 slider and 1 hitcircle
01:20:132 (2,3,4) - ^
01:26:196 (2,3,4) - ^

After you make these changes, the star rating will be within the easy diff boundary. =w=b

-

00:09:215 (1) - Start spinner on white tick, end on white tick

Also, generally I feel like you use too many striaght sliders. Try adding some variety and use more curved sliders and red anchors on sliders.

Normal:

As for the normal DS issues, I'm not too sure what the problem is.

01:05:209 (1) - OFF SCREEN with hardrock! Unrankable, please adjust position accordingly. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/SsNnSKh.jpg

01:07:074 (1) - Slider is curved a bit too much. bring the middle anchor in a bit.
01:10:805 (1) - ^
01:18:267 (1) - ^
01:21:998 (1) - ^

That's all from me, good luck :D
Fixed all! Thanks a ton for the mod, it was super helpful
ailv
Easy

Throughout this difficulty there's a lot of problems with ncing, 00:37:226 (1,1,1) - it's kind of just spammed, i'd recommend you to go back through and reorganize nc's better.

I feel your rhythm is also a little wonky, 00:22:302 (1) - starting here to about 00:48:419 (1) - , there's a lot of gaps that aren't mapped that probably should. As it is it feels very empty and boring to play. 00:24:167 (3,4) - these could be 1/1 sliders and 00:23:701 - could be a circle. I'd recommend taking a similar approach to as in the sections afterwards, it should be much better that way c:

00:14:840 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I'd have to disagree with this pattern here, the overlapping start of the sliders is difficult to read for this difficulty imo.

00:37:226 (1) - this is offscreen

01:18:267 (1,2) - overlapping sliders like this is kind of unsightly

01:21:998 (1) - i think this skips too many notes to make sense rhythm wise

01:26:196 (2,3,1) - overlaps don't really look that good here, and 45 degree angles tend to look kind of ugly.

Normal

This applies for all difficulties really, but 00:02:465 (2,1) - try to avoid overlapping sliders like this, they're not very pretty and they make the map feel cluttered.

00:03:965 (1,2,3) - It doesn't matter as much for circles though.

00:52:150 (1) - i think you can increase spacing of everything in this section with the repeats here

Hard

00:40:724 (3,1) - these also look unsightly xp

00:22:302 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - rhythm stuff applies here too, just keep in mind that while you're only focusing on one sound, you can use slider ends to map some other sounds as well too c:

01:08:007 (2,3,1) - this pattern is weird to read, everything is stacked and dense, 01:08:707 (3,1) - is 1/2 anmd 01:08:007 (2,3) - is 3/4 so it's strange

nice map c:
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu

ailv wrote:

Easy

Fixed all Easy stuff - was v. insightful :)

Throughout this difficulty there's a lot of problems with ncing, 00:37:226 (1,1,1) - it's kind of just spammed, i'd recommend you to go back through and reorganize nc's better.

I feel your rhythm is also a little wonky, 00:22:302 (1) - starting here to about 00:48:419 (1) - , there's a lot of gaps that aren't mapped that probably should. As it is it feels very empty and boring to play. 00:24:167 (3,4) - these could be 1/1 sliders and 00:23:701 - could be a circle. I'd recommend taking a similar approach to as in the sections afterwards, it should be much better that way c:

00:14:840 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I'd have to disagree with this pattern here, the overlapping start of the sliders is difficult to read for this difficulty imo.

00:37:226 (1) - this is offscreen

01:18:267 (1,2) - overlapping sliders like this is kind of unsightly

01:21:998 (1) - i think this skips too many notes to make sense rhythm wise

01:26:196 (2,3,1) - overlaps don't really look that good here, and 45 degree angles tend to look kind of ugly.

Normal

This applies for all difficulties really, but 00:02:465 (2,1) - try to avoid overlapping sliders like this, they're not very pretty and they make the map feel cluttered. I think they're fine here because the song is slow and so the close objects reflect that v.v

00:03:965 (1,2,3) - It doesn't matter as much for circles though. noted.

00:52:150 (1) - i think you can increase spacing of everything in this section with the repeats here Made them x1.5 not x1.3

Hard

00:40:724 (3,1) - these also look unsightly xp b-but i like the patternnnnn - if someone else points em out i'll change em heh.

00:22:302 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - rhythm stuff applies here too, just keep in mind that while you're only focusing on one sound, you can use slider ends to map some other sounds as well too c: Fixed all.

01:08:007 (2,3,1) - this pattern is weird to read, everything is stacked and dense, 01:08:707 (3,1) - is 1/2 anmd 01:08:007 (2,3) - is 3/4 so it's strange Yeah, spaced stuff out.

nice map c:
Thanks a lot for the mod!
greenhue
even tho my m4m queue said modding v2 ill make an exception! <3

General:
BPM 128.65? see if you can round that to a whole number because generally BPMs wont be like that

00:22:535 this timing point isnt snapped

EASY

instead of straight sliders, if you made some sort of slider art it would be really cool! 00:00:971

generally in any easy, you should never have overlaps. 00:39:091

you are using a lot of different slider shapes for similar sounds. try using similar sliders for similar sounds!

Normal

00:23:001 this slider serves no purpose, try putting the sliderhead on the white tick

the sliders arent especially aesthetically pleasing (this goes for all diffs) try making them more symmetrical and less cramped

Hard

01:09:873 not snapped?

01:25:730 out of play area
Topic Starter
Rem is my waifu

GreenHue wrote:

even tho my m4m queue said modding v2 ill make an exception! <3

General:
BPM 128.65? see if you can round that to a whole number because generally BPMs wont be like that ...but this one is xd, i've tried other integer values and they don't work

00:22:535 this timing point isnt snapped Fixed.

EASY

instead of straight sliders, if you made some sort of slider art it would be really cool! 00:00:971 Good idea, I'm a noob at sliders though so it depends on whether or not I can pull it off. I probably won't make anything that is actually rankable for an Easy though :/

generally in any easy, you should never have overlaps. 00:39:091 Yeah - made it into a blanket.

you are using a lot of different slider shapes for similar sounds. try using similar sliders for similar sounds! The song doesn't have a lot of interesting rhythms that are on 1/1 or 2/1 beats, so I split it into sections based on the vocals and changed the sliders like that - I do repeat certain patterns for the same sound though! Anyway, it would be boring otherwise (as stated by many modders beforehand haha)

Normal

00:23:001 this slider serves no purpose, try putting the sliderhead on the white tick It's when the singer says 'i' (in ao-i), it's not on the guitar sound so it's fine as is.

the sliders arent especially aesthetically pleasing (this goes for all diffs) try making them more symmetrical and less cramped Doing red anchors 1/3 or 2/3 of the way on sliders makes them look better - I only want to use curved sliders in the chorus as well so....yeah

Hard

01:09:873 not snapped? Oops. Fixed.

01:25:730 out of play area Nah, if you play (even with HR) it's still onscreen fully.
Thanks for the mod - sorry that my map wasn't v2 ><
_Meep_
From Meep's Love Live Modding Queue!

Hard

00:09:965 (3) - why is this not NC'd? You NC'd 00:03:965 (1) - , so you should keep that NCing consistency
00:12:027 - since you did make all the vocals clickable/have a note on it, i suggest you place a note here too and make the spinner one tick shorter.
00:14:840 - why isn't this mapped? You mapped to all the other trumpet sounds in this section
00:15:772 (3) - why is there a finish hitsound on the sliderhead?
00:15:772 (3,4,1) - this is pretty badly spaced, so, 4 seems as if its part of the pattern on 00:16:705 (1,2,3,4) - , but it shouldnt be, since its a different pattern. I suggest you either stack 00:16:472 (4,1) - together as they have the same sound, or make 00:15:772 (3) - a reverse slider.
00:15:772 (3,1) - this overlap looks bad imo
00:17:988 (7) - again, why are u using finish hitsounds? There aren't any loud sounds or sounds that need to be emphasised, so using it feels weird
00:19:503 (2,3,1) - same problem as before
00:15:306 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - why is it that the DS varies so much here? I don't hear anything that indicates that the DS should be increasing nor decreasing, it should be staying the same throughout. Other than 00:20:436 (1,2,3,4,5) - , where the trumpet sounds and drum sounds land perfectly together, so it creates a much more intensity, here you could increase the DS.
00:23:001 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this is too much for hard diff players. Even if its a slow song, 7 notes to alternate for hard diff players is too much. Keep it to at most 5 notes.
00:23:701 (8,1) - this overlap looks bad, fix this.
00:24:634 - if you're mapping to that random clap sound in the song, this should be mapped to
00:26:033 - Why is it that the sound here isn't clickable but the one on 00:26:965 - is?
00:26:965 (3) - same with this here, placing finishes on random places don't really work out.
00:28:831 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - please keep DS consistent between streams and triples.
00:35:360 (4) - this should be NC'd if you're mapping to the vocals
00:36:060 (5) - move this 1/2 a tick further and add a note on 00:36:060 - to help play out the loud sound on 00:36:293 -
00:36:759 (1,2) - why is the spacing so big? There ain't any big sounds on 00:36:993 (2) - to justify the spacing at all
00:38:624 (5,1) - this almost overlaps and it looks kinda bad
00:40:024 (2,3,4,5,6) - remove the finish hitsound + fix the shape of this stream. use consistent DS and simple shapes like waves, curves or straight streams in hards if not it will be too difficult for them.
00:50:285 (1,2) - why do the sliderbodies have clap hitsounds on them? remove them
00:59:146 (4,1) - players will mistake this for a 1/4 gap instead of a 1/2 gap because its spaced differently from 00:57:747 (1,2,3) - , where you clearly indicated that theeres a 1/2 gap there. please use DS.
01:04:043 (2) - remove finish hitsound on sliderhead
01:05:209 (1,3,1) - try not to overlap too many things, it feels squeezy and congested.
01:08:707 (3,1,2,3) -
01:18:267 (1,2) - this overlap looks bad as well.
very little usage of consistent DS, which is bad in a hard diff. Also don't use sharp angled sliders like 00:39:091 (1) - if you don't know how to, because they create different flows compared to simpler shaped sliders. Work on the visuals as well and incorporate flow into your map. hmu ingame if u want some help on flow usage and/or what it is.

Normal

00:17:638 (3) - dont spam hitfinishes.
00:22:768 (1) - just delete this note and move 00:23:001 (2) - 2 ticks back, and make 00:23:001 (2) - a reverse slider, so its much easier to play to the main beat of the song
00:35:360 (1) - the top and bottom part aren't equal in size
00:36:759 (3,2) - try to prevent overlaps like these
00:37:692 (2) - this should end 1 tick earlier if ur mapping to the vocals
01:06:841 (8,1) - same as earlier, dont do overlaps like these
thats all for now o/
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.