forum

[Archived] Difficulty tab in song setup is unusable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Oktaku
Problem Details:
I was making a map on my razer blade stealth (UHD)
and tried to change some difficulty settings, when I found this.

I tried changing from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 but it still looks the same :/
couldn't find this anywhere else

it looks like this

osu! version: 20170616.1 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try lowering your Desktop resolution.
Odd that this happens though.
Topic Starter
Oktaku
I've tried 3840x2160, 1920x1080, and even 1920x1440, no change
Dntm8kmeeatu
You are changing your actual Desktop Resolution in Windows correct? not the game?
Topic Starter
Oktaku

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

You are changing your actual Desktop Resolution in Windows correct? not the game?
I did both, even putting osu in windowed mode
Dntm8kmeeatu

Oktaku wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I did both, even putting osu in windowed mode
The Editor Forces Borderless, so Windowed shouldn't do anything.

This is sure odd though. I've personally never seen anyone else complain or say this happens. Try just changing things with the .osu file for now.
mastersonic99
I've got this as well, just started to make a map for the first time and this happens. I've tried reducing the resolution on windows and osu but nothing, I tried the repair osu program and even re-installed it.
Pachiru
As Dnt said, if you have this problem with the bugged window, try to changes Beatmaps settings with the .osu file. If you don't know how to do, just click on "File" → "Open .osu in Notepad" and once you've the .osu file open, search the thing that will named:

"[Difficulty]
HPDrainRate:X
CircleSize:X
OverallDifficulty:X
ApproachRate:X"

Those 4 thing I listed you here are the settings you'll change. If you don't find them by yourself, jsut try to search with Ctrl+F key. Only use it if this problem occurs. It's not really recommended to change files on .osu to have a ranked beatmap.
mastersonic99
Thanks, I'll just do that then. :)
Venix
also try to not dumb old threads.
VeilStar
This is because you're using windows' scaling, not the resolution you're using. Not sure exactly where you can find this setting in windows 8 & 10, but on 7 it's under Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display. Setting it to 100% (the default) won't have this issue, but of course everything will appear small.
mastersonic99
I did switch it to 100, even 50, and I restarted my pc after I switched it but it didn't fix the issue, the problem was still there just smaller looking. For now I'll just use the .osu notepad.