osu is aim game
KupcaH
wrong
osu is garbage game
kai99
ok actually it's been a while since i posted here so here i go

DT is a skill. there are a few skills
- aim
- speed (i'd also say snap is included here)
- tap
- reading

and they're all related
you have to have speed to reach but you also need to aim in order to actually hit the circle
you have to aim but you need to tap on the rhythm
you need to tap but you have to read the pattern first to understand it

playing DT isnt bad, it jsut develops skills such as fast ar reading abilities and pattern recognition in the DT way. this way once you adapt to DT it's much easier. however, yes, this makes other abilities weaker, such as being able to read lower ar. (unless you're like, a top player coz imo they've already gone through enough of all mods to lose any skill anywhere)
Nattsun

StephOsu wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Indeed, reading AR 10.3 is already an amazing skill. Fuck AR 10, real men FC Caramelldansen lesjuh diff.

A 2-3k pp player can pass it with DT for pp, though. FCing the first half is already 170pp with 95% accuracy. It"s undeniable that daidai+dt is overweighted, though. It's hard, but the easiest 300 pp you can get. There are more overweighted DT maps ranging from 180-300 pp, but some 3* maps with DT are already really hard, nobody DTs them tho.
Im actually a firm believer that even farm maps requires skills (because i can't FC any of the tatoe maps when it's known as among the easiest pp ever)
but sometimes I just like to throw some memes like "DT takes no skills" around because of the memes
anyways daidai is overweighted, yes, but my point still stands. until you reach at least 4k+ pp I don't see any people that can FC daidai even with shitty acc
Of course, farm maps take skill. Let's be real here the 6* diff of Haitai is definitely not easy. It may be short and easy to read, but the spacing is definitely on 6* level and takes 2 important skills, accuracy AND good aim. My aim is trash and I can't even pass it consistently lol, on the other hand, I'm pretty good at high bpm sliderspam maps and oldschool ar7/8 mapping which most farmers suck at.

I guess the main reason you (me too) can't farm tatoe is because you don't play jumpspam maps THAT often, unlike the majority of the community. That's just my assumtion, though.
KupcaH
wrong, Steph playing farm maps 24/7 trying to get pp
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

I don't :V

Well, maybe if there is a AR7 diff...
c-atsuit
sorry but if u play dt ur bad because nc is the only true mod
StephOsu

Nattsun wrote:

Of course, farm maps take skill. Let's be real here the 6* diff of Haitai is definitely not easy. It may be short and easy to read, but the spacing is definitely on 6* level and takes 2 important skills, accuracy AND good aim. My aim is trash and I can't even pass it consistently lol, on the other hand, I'm pretty good at high bpm sliderspam maps and oldschool ar7/8 mapping which most farmers suck at.

I guess the main reason you (me too) can't farm tatoe is because you don't play jumpspam maps THAT often, unlike the majority of the community. That's just my assumtion, though.
I only started to play jumpspam/pp farm maps often since past few weeks actually
before that I focused really hard on my ability to stream on conventional BPM

KupcaH wrote:

sorry sir i am guilty of being a trashcan of this community i am commit sudoku right now cya in next life where i become a cute 2d grill
KupcaH
you'll never become cute
Yolshka

Nattsun wrote:

Of course, farm maps take skill. Let's be real here the 6* diff of Haitai is definitely not easy. It may be short and easy to read, but the spacing is definitely on 6* level and takes 2 important skills, accuracy AND good aim.
Well that is nice to see, and rather obvious as well, as in it shouldn't have to be pointed out.
Shouldn't be ashamed if someone is going for the maps with the points. Lasse's miraizu is one of my favoruites.
I feel like, over the years, the jokes have lost their purpose, the game is hard enough as it is.
N0thingSpecial
DT maps imo are theoretically easier if you have the reaction time, simply because DT maps generally has easier patterns if same star rating, as DT maps are by default based on maps with easier patterns due to its original star rating
autoteleology
ITT: some people are insecure and have to delegitimize other people's playing preferences to feel good about themselves, because how dare anyone find a reason to be motivated for playing the game or specific maps in general that isn't on the arbitrary list of acceptable reasons for playing
Topic Starter
Tensku

kai99 wrote:

ok actually it's been a while since i posted here so here i go

DT is a skill. there are a few skills
- aim
- speed (i'd also say snap is included here)
- tap
- reading

and they're all related
you have to have speed to reach but you also need to aim in order to actually hit the circle
you have to aim but you need to tap on the rhythm
you need to tap but you have to read the pattern first to understand it

playing DT isnt bad, it jsut develops skills such as fast ar reading abilities and pattern recognition in the DT way. this way once you adapt to DT it's much easier. however, yes, this makes other abilities weaker, such as being able to read lower ar. (unless you're like, a top player coz imo they've already gone through enough of all mods to lose any skill anywhere)

How can i read low ar and high ar in the same time then? :thinking:
Probably because i love ez and dt :3
Skidayo

Tensku wrote:

Will playing DT too much makes you bad like not able to play well?
double time is just a fast nomod. I don't see any problem.
but if you only play too hard maps for your skills it will make you bad.
Skidayo

N0thingSpecial wrote:

osu takes no skill, only talent matters
nothing can be more truer than this
Nattsun

Yolshka wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Of course, farm maps take skill. Let's be real here the 6* diff of Haitai is definitely not easy. It may be short and easy to read, but the spacing is definitely on 6* level and takes 2 important skills, accuracy AND good aim.
Well that is nice to see, and rather obvious as well, as in it shouldn't have to be pointed out.
Shouldn't be ashamed if someone is going for the maps with the points. Lasse's miraizu is one of my favoruites.
I feel like, over the years, the jokes have lost their purpose, the game is hard enough as it is.
Well, it had to be pointed out. People seem to either admit that they farm or avoid farm maps because "tv size/dt takes no skill!!1!!".

Personally I have to say that there are some super easy farm maps with DT where I could easily get 200pp+, but getting good accuracy on od9.7 may be hard for some people, even if the patterns are easy.

Also, there are plenty of good TV size maps and one of my favorites is known as a farm map (both junshin always mapsets). The only reason I didn't farm that map 6 fucking times is because I stopped caring about ranks lol

PS: Noob, what happened to your 100% accuracy? smh
Somi

I Give Up wrote:

DT is no different from a lot of high bpm nomod these days so it doesnt really matter. People who say it is no skill are still stuck in 2012.
Maki Konuri
DT is my weakness when jumping.