forum

USAO - BroGamer [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Alheak
Yes it's my fault when I decided to add a circle where the spinner previously began

I knew i was gonna fuck something up
Topic Starter
Arrival
zzzzzzzzzżZZZZZZZZZ
pishifat
zzzzz
Topic Starter
Arrival
updated. we can reproceed
Monstrata
^
Syph
priti didn't respond to my mod tho
Alheak
priti has disappeared

Syph wrote:

[avena]

00:08:580 (4,1) - don't really like how far these are spaced, seems a bit out of place this diff has a lot of big spacing changes but they don't feel out of place when playing
00:15:103 (1,2,3,4) - same here, don't understand why you increase spacing here so much
00:38:291 - you could put a circle here and have spinner start on blue tick? kinda weird not to have this sound clickable see why this got dq'd
00:46:697 - pretty sure u could map this too, this section seems a bit empty for some reason i wont be mapping in priti's place and this seems just fine
00:46:987 (3) - could make a repeat to catch the sound on 00:47:083 - but yea idk i dont understand your point
00:47:276 - same
00:57:276 (3,4) - could be a bit closer to eachother like 02:02:204 (3,4) - , maybe try https://sy.phic.al/i/qgysooj.png changed with monstrata's mod
01:10:030 (3,4) - a bit extreme don't u think
01:17:132 (3) - whistle? there isn't any on 01:12:204 (2,3,4,5) - so no
01:26:987 (1) - drum finish would work nicely here i think seems like the intent here was to emphasize the new sections, finishes in the middle of them would feel too much
Surono
Nominated
me residentsleeper sry, zzzzz why old ppl gg mappin zzzz
Topic Starter
Arrival
youpi thank
komasy
gratz!
Nardoxyribonucleic

Ranking Criteria wrote:

If you plan on using a Futsuu as the lowest difficulty of a mapset, it has to abide by the following rules and guidelines: 1/2 patterns should not be longer than four notes.
  • [Unmei's Futsuu]
  1. 00:42:349 (142,143,144,145,146) - :o Maybe removing 00:42:494 (143) - would work.
  2. From 01:39:161 - 02:06:407 - the chain of patterns seems to be rather long compared to the availability of 2/1 rests in Muzukashii. You may consider starting 01:47:856 (347) - at 01:48:436 - and adding a big note at 01:47:856 - for a break.
Futsuu is currently on harder side in general so it would be more beginner friendly to make the difficulty simpler. I am willing to provide additional modding if you agree with this.
Topic Starter
Arrival
Hello, the set is part of a hybrid set so this rule doesn't work here, as i could have stopped the spread to a muzukashii and it would still be rankable doesn't matter the futsuu.
furthermore, putting what i said aside, this line is a guideline that has fairly good reasons to be broken here, in the musical layer, first of all and also as the pattern is monochrome and followed by a break shortly.
there is at least 2 days in qualification left so if you still think this should be addressed despite the clear lack of any sense that this make, i'll also ask an other QAT's and a BN"s opinions to be sure that this set needing a DQ is actually a shared thought among the nomination team.
Raiden
Despite "i could have stopped the spread to a muzukashii" being a valid argument, the guideline does still work. If the Normal convert would happen to have 1/2 5plets you would probably need to get the map disqualified and instead adjust the Futsuu (since adjusting Normal for the convert would be ?????)

also, if you decide to add a Futsuu, you may as well make a proper spread instead of arguing "since hybrid I don't care"

tl;dr being part of a hybrid doesn't exempt you from following spread guidelines in the difficulties mapped
Yuzeyun
idk i'm going to do fixes if arrival is willing to go through a dq for the second time so i'll need the additional modding proposed to do it all at once, and get it back up very soon hopefully

it's gonna be more than just adding breaks though
Monstrata
Just rename to Unmei's Futzuukashii
Nardoxyribonucleic
Here comes the additional modding as requested.

• [Unmei's Futsuu]
  1. 00:13:508 (27,28) - these notes could be removed to avoid longer 1/1 + 1/2 chain as the note density is a bit similar to Muzukashii.
  2. 00:18:291 (44) - 00:22:784 (61,62) - 00:27:421 (78,79) - 00:34:378 (105,106) - same as ^
  3. 00:42:494 (143) - as mentioned previously, deleting this note would work. You may then change 00:42:059 (141) - to k for the snare.
  4. From 01:39:161 - 02:06:407 - the chain of patterns looks rather long compared to the availability of 2/1 rests in Muzukashii. You may consider starting 01:47:856 (347) - at 01:48:436 - and adding a big note at 01:47:856 - for a 2/1 break.
  5. 01:57:421 (377) - maybe remove this slider and add k and d at 01:57:421 - 01:57:711 - respectively ? The upcoming pattern snap is quite different so it would be better to leave a break for beginners to prepare for it.
The kiais at the end are also a bit dense but I think it would be fine to preserve the density while adding breaks. 8-)
Topic Starter
Arrival
go ahead then
and lets re re qualify that quickly
Raiden
as req
Topic Starter
Arrival
wait why is the thread broken
Realazy
Topic Starter
Arrival
XD
Yuzeyun

Monstrata wrote:

Just rename to Unmei's Futzuukashii
:rage: :point_right: :door:

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

Here comes the additional modding as requested.

• [Unmei's Futsuu]
  1. From 01:39:161 - 02:06:407 - the chain of patterns looks rather long compared to the availability of 2/1 rests in Muzukashii. You may consider starting 01:47:856 (347) - at 01:48:436 - and adding a big note at 01:47:856 - for a 2/1 break. broke at 01:43:218 (316,317) - 2x2/1. the roll was removed because 1/1 would be a bit short in this context and 01:48:436 - has a d instead.
  2. 01:57:421 (377) - maybe remove this slider and add k and d at 01:57:421 - 01:57:711 - respectively ? The upcoming pattern snap is quite different so it would be better to leave a break for beginners to prepare for it. removed, but first note is don, i don't see the need of a k
The kiais at the end are also a bit dense but I think it would be fine to preserve the density while adding breaks. 8-) added a few breaks
thank you, i sent the diff in discord pms (407/2/0 for reference)
Topic Starter
Arrival

Arrival wrote:

updated. we can reproceed
Raiden
lmao i saw works in progress and instantly clicked there XD
Nardoxyribonucleic
Rechecked and the issue is addressed now.

Rebubbled~
Nardoxyribonucleic
@Arrival: Please remove the applause.wav file. Despite the volume being lowered, the scream is still very unpleasant and annoying to hear after gameplay.
Chromoxx
the applause file is pretty cool tbh, it fits the theme of the song and is a pretty funny surprise after finishing the map.... no need to ruin the fun here over personal preference
Raiden
Fits the theme of the song? Sure. Is it appropriate? Definitely not lol. Even at 10% both volumes I was incredibly annoyed and eardrum-pierced.

"Ruin the fun" seriously now? you guys and the "fun" syndrome xD
Alheak

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

@Arrival: Please remove the applause.wav file. Despite the volume being lowered, the scream is still very unpleasant and annoying to hear after gameplay.
I think you missed the point of this mapset, or even the song's.
Nardoxyribonucleic

Alheak wrote:

I think you missed the point of this mapset, or even the song's.
I did not miss it. I am talking about the appropriateness of playing the scream itself.
Alheak
then let's just reduce the volume again a bit, no need to ruin the experience for everybody else
OnosakiHito
"pretty cool" "experience for everybody" "theme of song"

Alheak

OnosakiHito wrote:

Could you please elaborate? Right now I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to express but I feel like this is extremely rude and inappropriate of the QAT to post something like this.
Topic Starter
Arrival
i received absolutely ZERO negative feedback about it, people are globally happy with it.
im fine lowering the volume AGAIN but removing it is blatantly just one way of removing everything being a bit out of the mainstream norma.
Topic Starter
Arrival
updated
6 db removed
Nao Tomori
i think the applause along with the other "dumb" hitsounds like the usb disconnect miss sound are quite funny and fit well with the theme of the song ^^
Nardoxyribonucleic
Repairing the bubble as the compromise has been reached.
Pachiru

Naotoshi wrote:

i think the applause along with the other "dumb" hitsounds like the usb disconnect miss sound are quite funny and fit well with the theme of the song ^^

u r retorded naotoshi ^^ <3
Monstrata

OnosakiHito wrote:

Pachiru
I was about to post something out of the picture, but I think that if I post it, I might end with a 8-months restriction ^^'

Congratz Arrival, Alheak and all the GDers :)
show more