I was asked for some opinion. Now I am modding it. Hi.
- The applause must be probably changed since its more of a screamer which is forbidden in osu! due to possible heart attacks or breaking peoples ears as it comes really sudden. Current solution we agree to is to lower the tone down but this might need some more discussion before it can be really approved.
Alright after some discussion with Alheak we'll either reduce the volume or apply a fade in in order to make the applause come progressively and not scare cardiac or ear sensible players.
- There are general problems with the custom sounds too, which I will mention down below.
[ Inner Oni]
- 00:16:262 ~ 00:20:900 - As mentioned in #taiko, I think the change from previous part from lineal don beats to a sudden odd kat heavy doublet is drastic and could be possibly made smoother since this part doesn't follow the D'n'B style baseline anymore. 00:20:900 - Starting from here it follows that baseline in a smoother way.
Changes were made towards a more don heavy patterning.
- 00:34:813 (281) - After trying out the map a few times I noticed that such note's sound are actually not existent anymore due to the custom hitsound. Without the taiko skin you hear little of the usual osu! hitsounds while on custom skins (like the taiko one) the note is just not existent which equals to 0% volume. This is a problem you can try to fix by adding at least one of your hitsounds to that custom sound of yours. Maybe there are more solutions to this, but tbh I'm not very proficient in hitsounding so I would need to dig out solutions by myself.
Indeed. I'll add my own hitsounds so there will be a stack and sound less odd.
- 00:58:001 - Mention in #taiko as well, I have the same concerns about this like before. I can understand the constellation but drawing a conclusion what you actually play is very hard as you are trying to follow several sounds at once. That's how I think about this.
Considering I love the way this part plays i'll wait and see if other people have concerns about this as I understand this is mapped quite oddly.
- 01:16:552 (37) - Oh, no finisher? You used for the same sound some afterwards.
- 01:23:508 (67) - ^ (I think it was intentional tho since it is on a similar stanza setting)
It is, adding finishers there too would seem quite overwhelming in my opinion.
- 01:28:146 - The stream is alright, but would still suggest something else which follows the sounds more accurately. Either suggestion one or two(which is a modification of one) would be possible. However, it would be a bit harder to play compared to the current one so I'm indifferent about this.
I really like your second one but also the one I have now so I'll wait and see if other modders mention it. If it is the case then i'll gladly change it
- 01:30:465 (120) - Beside the problem that notes become inaudible / quiet, this custom hitsound is really loud and actually overwaves the sound at this part. Should tune it down.
- 02:01:769 - Same as before.
- 00:46:407 - You tried to make this part simple with the 4/4 and 3/4 but I think this can be improved since the song goes from 4/4 to 3/4 to 4/4 while you do it the other way around, 4/4 to 3/4. I think the picture can explain my thoughts better since I couldn't do it better.
Changed but the last note of the pattern is fitting to a 1/3 snapping
- 00:56:842 - I mentioned this in Inner. In Oni it works better since there are not so many notes at all and you know what you have to follow. Might wanna consider this again.
Moved two notes
[ Gezo's Futsuu]
- 00:43:798 (150) - I think it wouldn't be bad to delete this note. I'm all for longer 1/2 constellations, but after having some five and three long notes 1/2, I do say it would be time for a little break even tho that kat fits with the vocal.
- 00:58:001 ~ 01:02:639 - Depending on how Muzukashii is gonna be mapped, this could be a problematic part spread wise since Oni and Inner Oni differ difficulty wise to the D D D D K patterns a lot. Keep that in mind for later consideration.
- 01:38:871 (306,307) - Delete. Same case. It's the kiai, but the patterns do become quite long. For the deleted notes you could add a 1/2 starting from 01:39:161 - .
- 02:02:929 - Starting from here every fifth note can become a kat for variation purpose. Shouldn't be too hard I think?
Very solid Futsuu.
In general I find the beatmaps solid. As I mentioned in #taiko, I'm pretty much indifferent about those custom hitsounds however, the quiet don sounds when using these custom sounds is indeed problem since they do become too quiet / inaudible as well as the other sounds that become too loud. Once that is fixed, I think the basic problems are eliminated. Rest is up to the community how they think about it I would say.
If you are not sure about some of my points, just ask me. It's been a while I modded.
Wish you good luck!
I wish I could gd lol