I was asked for some opinion. Now I am modding it. Hi.
- The applause must be probably changed since its more of a screamer which is forbidden in osu! due to possible heart attacks or breaking peoples ears as it comes really sudden. Current solution we agree to is to lower the tone down but this might need some more discussion before it can be really approved.
Alright after some discussion with Alheak we'll either reduce the volume or apply a fade in in order to make the applause come progressively and not scare cardiac or ear sensible players.
- There are general problems with the custom sounds too, which I will mention down below.
[ Inner Oni]
- 00:16:262 ~ 00:20:900 - As mentioned in #taiko, I think the change from previous part from lineal don beats to a sudden odd kat heavy doublet is drastic and could be possibly made smoother since this part doesn't follow the D'n'B style baseline anymore. 00:20:900 - Starting from here it follows that baseline in a smoother way.
Changes were made towards a more don heavy patterning.
- 00:34:813 (281) - After trying out the map a few times I noticed that such note's sound are actually not existent anymore due to the custom hitsound. Without the taiko skin you hear little of the usual osu! hitsounds while on custom skins (like the taiko one) the note is just not existent which equals to 0% volume. This is a problem you can try to fix by adding at least one of your hitsounds to that custom sound of yours. Maybe there are more solutions to this, but tbh I'm not very proficient in hitsounding so I would need to dig out solutions by myself.
Indeed. I'll add my own hitsounds so there will be a stack and sound less odd.
- 00:58:001 - Mention in #taiko as well, I have the same concerns about this like before. I can understand the constellation but drawing a conclusion what you actually play is very hard as you are trying to follow several sounds at once. That's how I think about this.
Considering I love the way this part plays i'll wait and see if other people have concerns about this as I understand this is mapped quite oddly.
- 01:16:552 (37) - Oh, no finisher? You used for the same sound some afterwards.
- 01:23:508 (67) - ^ (I think it was intentional tho since it is on a similar stanza setting)
It is, adding finishers there too would seem quite overwhelming in my opinion.
- 01:28:146 - The stream is alright, but would still suggest something else which follows the sounds more accurately. Either suggestion one or two(which is a modification of one) would be possible. However, it would be a bit harder to play compared to the current one so I'm indifferent about this.
I really like your second one but also the one I have now so I'll wait and see if other modders mention it. If it is the case then i'll gladly change it
- 01:30:465 (120) - Beside the problem that notes become inaudible / quiet, this custom hitsound is really loud and actually overwaves the sound at this part. Should tune it down.
- 02:01:769 - Same as before.
- 00:46:407 - You tried to make this part simple with the 4/4 and 3/4 but I think this can be improved since the song goes from 4/4 to 3/4 to 4/4 while you do it the other way around, 4/4 to 3/4. I think the picture can explain my thoughts better since I couldn't do it better.
Changed but the last note of the pattern is fitting to a 1/3 snapping
- 00:56:842 - I mentioned this in Inner. In Oni it works better since there are not so many notes at all and you know what you have to follow. Might wanna consider this again.
Moved two notes
[ Gezo's Futsuu]
- 00:43:798 (150) - I think it wouldn't be bad to delete this note. I'm all for longer 1/2 constellations, but after having some five and three long notes 1/2, I do say it would be time for a little break even tho that kat fits with the vocal.
- 00:58:001 ~ 01:02:639 - Depending on how Muzukashii is gonna be mapped, this could be a problematic part spread wise since Oni and Inner Oni differ difficulty wise to the D D D D K patterns a lot. Keep that in mind for later consideration.
- 01:38:871 (306,307) - Delete. Same case. It's the kiai, but the patterns do become quite long. For the deleted notes you could add a 1/2 starting from 01:39:161 - .
- 02:02:929 - Starting from here every fifth note can become a kat for variation purpose. Shouldn't be too hard I think?
Very solid Futsuu.
In general I find the beatmaps solid. As I mentioned in #taiko, I'm pretty much indifferent about those custom hitsounds however, the quiet don sounds when using these custom sounds is indeed problem since they do become too quiet / inaudible as well as the other sounds that become too loud. Once that is fixed, I think the basic problems are eliminated. Rest is up to the community how they think about it I would say.
If you are not sure about some of my points, just ask me. It's been a while I modded.
Wish you good luck!
I wish I could gd lol
yeah hitsounding is gonna get reworked
- 00:09:595 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,1,1,1) - Why is the spacing suddenly getting large like this in the middle of this stream? Is it emphasizing anything? I just cannot understand the logic behing it. If you wanted to increase the spacing to reflect the increasing intensity of the song, why did you shorten it just right after with 00:10:175 (1,1,1,1) - ? you're right, changed the pattern to something more fitting
- 00:16:552 (3,4) - The way this pattern flows is terrible. Why do you have a 1/4 slider that goes in one direction but just right after it you have to cross half the screen to catch another that goes in a right-angled direction from the previous slider? The movement that has to be done to achieve this pattern is unnatural and pretty difficult to realise. uhm what?
- 00:16:697 (4) - This slider badly follows the music. In my opinion you should really accentuate the "wa-wa" sound that pops out quite clearly instead of just having a slider reverse and a slider end on it. As it is, this slider is a bit shaky. i don't think i share your opinion on this
- 00:20:465 (1,2,3,4,1) - Any justification for this spacing? Having two doubles doesn't seem to represent the song accurately. When listening to the song and if you want the sacing in the stream to represent how the drums work, I believe that the spacing used for 00:20:465 (1,2) - and 00:20:610 (3,4) - should not be the same. Basically, I don't undertand why you did the spacing this way. two different drum rolls, that's a way to map them like any other
- 00:22:929 (3,4) - Why are those two notes excluded for the stream? Is it to emphasize the vocals? Though the vocals do not exactly start on 00:23:074 - so emphasizing them this way is not such a good idea. I believe you should rather focus on the drums themselves here. yes the vocals are imprecise, but thanks to inertia this is easy enough to clear, it just gives the stream some flavour
- 00:29:595 (1,2,1,2) - Maybe it's because I'm 60k and therefore I am inherantly incapable of judging such patterns, but did you really think having consecutive 1/4 sliders switching from 1.50x SV to 6.00x SV, to 3.00x and then to 200x in less than one second is a good idea? It even breaks the editor, lmao. Morever 00:29:595 (1,2) - are stacked making the movement even more jerky/erratic. this is obviously a pattern that needs to be played properly to be judged, i'll gather feedback from testplays for that
- 00:32:494 (1) - Why aren't you following the 1/4 here? fixed
- 00:34:088 (3,1,2,1) - You are not properly following the beeping sounds here. 00:34:088 (3) - should definitely be a slider and 00:34:233 (1) - a circle. like this: http://up.kuraip.net/0806U7R59R2462.png. It looks and plays much better this way. changed
- 00:35:972 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - This pattern is quite the mess. Just look at this, there are 3 layers of notes in one pattern (even 4 if you count 00:37:711 (1,2) - ). Having a cluster of objects is not really a good thing as in the end it hinders the general readability of the pattern and it is not confortable to play. the objects are gone from the playfield before the 1/3 triangle appears, moreover, i raised the AR
- 00:45:755 (4,5) - I have nothing against this except that it is covered by 00:45:103 (4) - making it harder for the player to understand that the slider is reversed. the AR should help with that, and there was another pattern like this earlier, players should expect the same here
- 00:46:842 (3,4,5) - This is actually 1/6. fixed, my laptop has audio lag which makes it difficult to correctly guess snaps
- 00:47:132 (1,1) - I woud remove those notes as they are not snapped on anything actually intellegible. You should rather focus on strong beats here, otherwise the pattern feels awkward as it is hard to discern what it is following (which is even more confusing because the song is switching between 1/4 and 1/6 rather erratically here). changed
- 00:48:146 (1,2,1,2) - Same remark as before.
- 00:57:276 (3,4,5,6,1) - It's rather hard to follow the pattern when everything is put on the same line. It looks like vertical CtB. Also the way 00:57:421 (4,5) - are stacked does not make it any easier to read. Ultimately, it all makes the SV change on 00:57:711 (1) - harder to predict. But as I said, unsightreadable patterns are not much of an issue at this level, though I still think you could make it more readable without making it any easier. changed the stack and added a NC
- 01:02:276 - Why are you ignoring this beat? uh, is there anything actually intellegible here?
- 01:06:697 (1,2,1,2) - Here you go again, but it's even worse since 01:06:842 (2) - is now overlapped by 01:06:697 (1) - .
- 01:10:755 (1,1,1,2,1,1,1) - Why the new combo spam here? Is it to improve the readability of the pattern? If the answer is yes, then you should probably rethink it because if you have to spam NC to make your pattern readable, it probably means there is something wrong with it in the first place. Though I like the SV changes here, I am still annoyed by the huge distance between 01:11:045 (1,1) - that is I believe not justified. i see nothing wrong with this pattern, nor with the NCing,, perhaps you should explain to me what's the problem here
reduced the distance otherwise
- 01:20:610 (1,2,1,2) - Here again, same comment.
- 01:28:436 (1,2,3,4) - Once again, what justifies having such a spacing in this stream? to emphasize the 1/2 beeps while still mapping the drums
- 01:29:016 (1,2,3,4,1) - In order to give more impact to this stream, I think you should lower the spacing between 01:29:016 (1,2,3,4) - and keep a higher spacing for 01:29:233 (4,1) - to accentuate more on the final crash. changed in another way for consistency with^ and i wanna try this see if it works
- 02:06:407 (1,1,2) - Not a good idea to have 02:06:987 (1,2) - under thant long hold slider as it makes it harder to anticipate. isn't it easier to anticipate since you have plenty of time to prepare for it?
- 02:07:276 (1,2,3,4) - Can you explain why you used such a spacing. I don't really understand what's the point of having a high spacing and right after that stacking the rest of the stream. to emphasize the nuances of the drums, anyway thanks to the repeat slider just before this is a very easy spacing to play
Alright, that's all from me for now, I'm not going to be pernickety and nitpick everything since it'd just be my personal taste (though I did it a bit). I'll be honest and tell you I'm not really fond of this difficulty and I understand some people might enjoy playing this. However you really should take what I pointed out into consideration.
Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad map in itself. The hitsounds really are the main problem here because instead of significantly improving the set and making it more enjoyable to play, it is ruining the experience as you are misusing them. I do like the concept and if happen to master it, the map could be great.
(@Alheak: je n'ai pas vraiment inclus de screenshots comme tu me l'as demandé car ma connexion est vraiment très lente en ce moment et que ça m'aurait considérablement ralenti, check ça quand tu pourras, je pense pas que ça presse). non c'était pour si tu allais en parler sur le discord puisque je n'avais pas accès à mon pc quand tu en avais parlé
[ Gezo's Futsuu]
- 00:58:001 ~ 01:02:639 - Depending on how Muzukashii is gonna be mapped, this could be a problematic part spread wise since Oni and Inner Oni differ difficulty wise to the D D D D K patterns a lot. Keep that in mind for later consideration. In the end, Arrival mapped following his own logic - added three dons to make d d d d k for the first three, kept d d d .... d for the last to keep the break.
- 01:38:871 (306,307) - Delete. Same case. It's the kiai, but the patterns do become quite long. For the deleted notes you could add a 1/2 starting from 01:39:161 - . Applied, but I don't think 1/2 really fits in there.
- 02:02:929 - Starting from here every fifth note can become a kat for variation purpose. Shouldn't be too hard I think? well there goes another not three (3) star futsuu lol.
Very solid Futsuu. you're saying that because i am not mapping weird shit ty