forum

Rising Sun |-| Japan themed skin [STD, HD/SD]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ctrl

video of gameplay: https://youtu.be/HwB-HPpG5Pg

Just tried to make something different-y.
check out the starred stuff. screenshots:

gameplay
[gameplay]

downloads.

normal download: https://puu.sh/wAVAO/e33a3cc51b.osk

fancy edition(fancy followpoints): https://puu.sh/wAVL4/f46e5e7d27.osk

thanks to the discord n' shy for feedback
Garin
that bottom bar on song select is dope

good shit, garin approved.
3bdallah
The ultimate weeb skin!

Good job m8
MaximumTilt
wew

cool
h3oCharles
Nice Japan theme m8

ok, here we go, feedback

these mods feel very familiar (no circle challenge skin)

in skin.ini put SpinnerFadePlayfield:0 under [General] plz

ok, no miss skinned,
no hitcircle overlay,
blank 300s in ranking panel,
section pass and fail from old default skin,
recolored slider follow circ from current default skin
scorebar doesn't have ki/markers set,
selection mode has some inconsistency between graphic modes (SD/HD)

nice job on followpoints tho, the fancy ones that is

in conclusing, you have a looooooooooong way still to go... good luck, you'll need it

also, this
Topic Starter
ctrl

h3oCharles wrote:

Nice Japan theme m8

ok, here we go, feedback

these mods feel very familiar (no circle challenge skin)

in skin.ini put SpinnerFadePlayfield:0 under [General] plz

ok, no miss skinned,
no hitcircle overlay,
blank 300s in ranking panel,
scorebar doesn't have ki/markers set,
selection mode has some inconsistency between graphic modes (SD/HD)

nice job on followpoints tho, the fancy ones that is

in conclusing, you have a looooooooooong way still to go... good luck, you'll need it

also, this

my understanding is its ok to use default elements. I didnt feel the need to change these things just for the sake of changing them. because i did skin them, all of them, but defaults looked better anyway.

also i've never seen the no circle challenge skin

yea i need to work on my sd versions

thanks for feedback.
Choilicious

h3oCharles wrote:

Nice Japan theme m8

ok, here we go, feedback

Pointing out that something is from the default skin is an observation not feedback

And as garin said nice selection bar
Lay
I think for what it's worth you've done a great job trying to encapsulate a culture into a skin and honestly adore the elements, definitely worth adding to the collection!
Pyo

waaaaaa this is so cool <3
I love japan and this skin is.. perfect.
Nice work!

Saturnalize
I was expecting a lot more "brush" font texts (for rank grade, for example) since... it's japan... and calligraphy stuffs?
And my eyes said that on your pause screen your retry text of your retry button is slightly higher in position than everything else. It's minor, but it's bugging >>me<< (so if you don't care just leave it out lmao)
might as well to reduce that glow distance of the bar underneath each text honey it's quite too far
that spinner text underlined with blue highlight on spinner is .... why? Go pink, it's your main theme color. Change that font and remove underline. oh it's from the vids.
lastly, mono color modifier (reduction with pink, increase with red, misc with b/w) works well too, you should try it
Topic Starter
ctrl

Saturnalize wrote:

I was expecting a lot more "brush" font texts (for rank grade, for example) since... it's japan... and calligraphy stuffs?
And my eyes said that on your pause screen your retry text of your retry button is slightly higher in position than everything else. It's minor, but it's bugging >>me<< (so if you don't care just leave it out lmao)
might as well to reduce that glow distance of the bar underneath each text honey it's quite too far
that spinner text underlined with blue highlight on spinner is .... why? Go pink, it's your main theme color. Change that font and remove underline. oh it's from the vids.
lastly, mono color modifier (reduction with pink, increase with red, misc with b/w) works well too, you should try it

hm yea I eyeballed it yea didn't realize it was off slightly.

I'll play with a mono color effect.
Lumyh
pretty cool skin ngl
RyosSama
love that

approved
Nextro-Galaxy
Nice skin!
On the select screen I really like the bottom bar. I wish you did more on the top bar. Gameplay is great. Proably gonna use this skin for awile
IXTRIM902
ke bueno
chox26
ah yes

we have a v good map here

but

is it suppose to have the completion screen background smaller and off to the side? how do i fix that?
SeBiTa7u7
que puedo decir, me encanto aparte de que me gusta bueno como decirlo jaja se me olvido, lo único que puedo decir es que me encanto y muy buen trabajo!!. c:
JiuShao-YAMATO
兄弟你要不要这么昭和?
Fandexia
Hewwo
IrisWolf
This is a beautiful theme, but I do want to bring attention to one thing
The 'back' button on the song select screen (bottom left) is an extremely controvertial symbol due to it having been used by ww2 imperal Japan. To many Chinese and Korean people the symbol is down right offensive and sometimes upsetting so I just thought you might want to keep that in mind.

Feel free to ask for sources!

Otherwise it's a very aesthetically put together skin :)
Topic Starter
ctrl
interesting thanks for the knowledge
RimOsuLOL
nice