forum

How can I improve aim and constancy!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OneShotFox
Hi I'm 50k and I play mainly maps from 1 to 3 minutes and I don't normally play long maps because I don't have constancy and I rarely Fc because of Aim and Constancy.

Any tips that can help me when I play?

Thanks for any responses!
N0thingSpecial
Play more long maps and don't retry
KupcaH
and focus on circles more
autoteleology
Consistency is not a skill, it's a consequence of an excess of skill relative to what you are playing. See the link in my sig. If you want consistency, play easier maps or play more so you get better.
Ninonuko

N0thingSpecial wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

and focus on circles more
I do this yet my aim is still inconsistent af... complaint
N0thingSpecial
You're clearly not trying hard enough
Akanagi

OneShotFox wrote:

Hi I'm 50k and I play mainly maps from 1 to 3 minutes and I don't play long maps because I don't have constancy and I rarely Fc because of Aim and Constancy.

Think about it.
You never play long maps because you don't FC them, then again you want the consistency to FC long maps.
How do you intend to get better at the things you can't do when you choose to avoid them because you can't do them?
-Makishima S-
Play 4-5min+ maps, a lot of them or even exclusively them.
Topic Starter
OneShotFox

Philosofikal wrote:

Consistency is not a skill, it's a consequence of an excess of skill relative to what you are playing. See the link in my sig. If you want consistency, play easier maps or play more so you get better.
I normally play maps between top high 4 all the way up to 7-8* so should I stop playing hard maps and go to 4 stars again ;w;

N0thingSpecial wrote:

You're clearly not trying hard enough
????
What do you mean? I'm trying but I had a really bad habit of FCing that I broke and I broke it to much so that I cant fc anymore ;w;

Rayne wrote:

OneShotFox wrote:

Hi I'm 50k and I play mainly maps from 1 to 3 minutes and I don't play long maps because I don't have constancy and I rarely Fc because of Aim and Constancy.

Think about it.
You never play long maps because you don't FC them, then again you want the consistency to FC long maps.
How do you intend to get better at the things you can't do when you choose to avoid them because you can't do them?
I know I'm avoiding them but I'm starting to play them again and thanks for what you said because I didn't realize Sorry :(
Barusamikosu
Going for FCs on high combo maps is a good exercise. When you've gotten more comfortable with holding combos in the 1000-1500 range all the Harumachi Clovers and ~300 combo maps out there will be easier to overcome mentally.

Trying is the important part so don't get discouraged if you still end up dropping combo anyways.
-Makishima S-

Barusamikosu wrote:

Going for FCs on high combo maps is a good exercise. When you've gotten more comfortable with holding combos in the 1000-1500 range all the Harumachi Clovers and ~300 combo maps out there will be easier to overcome mentally.

Trying is the important part so don't get discouraged if you still end up dropping combo anyways.
Pretty much this.
Playing A LOT of 2k combo+ maps for me ends up with situation like this:

Just downloaded 4min map, FCed in 4 tries.

Just get mentality of "long maps are better" (because they are, lots of good songs are actually in 3min+ range) and practice.
Topic Starter
OneShotFox

Barusamikosu wrote:

Wouldn't going for high combos or FCs on long maps just make me angry?

Also it doesn't help i broke my finger today so I'm already pissed off
Barusamikosu

OneShotFox wrote:

Wouldn't going for high combos or FCs on long maps just make me angry?

Also it doesn't help i broke my finger today so I'm already pissed off
Depends on how many times it's happened to you.

At some point you just reach a state of osu! zen and learn to solemnly accept the combobreaks. Better to move on to the next play than dwell on what could have been.

Either way it's still worth the effort because the feeling of accomplishment from FCing a longer map is greater than what you get from most short maps.
Deva
If you quit osu and get a life consistency/aim won't matter
N0thingSpecial
This guys knows
KupcaH

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This guys knows
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

If you quit osu and get a life consistency/aim won't matter

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This guys knows
KupcaH
Steph in GnR again. \(OзО)/
Deva
I feel like he resurrected just to mock me lol
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

I feel like he resurrected just to mock me lol
how do i mock you though
we only fought against each other once in G&R and it's about streaming
aaaand it's something that does not matter at all when it comes to shitposting in G&R
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This guys knows
this
StephOsu

StephOsu wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This guys knows
Aharu
Play more.
Deva