forum

[Archived] Blue Screen with osu!tourney

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nomme
Hi,

I've been using the osu!tourney client today (well, I've tried to use it*).
The tournament was 4v4, and as soon as I tried to join a room (launch a map), everything froze and my computer went on Blue Sceen, with the indication :
WORKER_INVALID

I've tried to install the tourney client again.
I've deleted the maps.
I've updated my Graphic Card (was even worse after that, I think).

The problem occurs whit the team size set as 4. After updating my GC I couldn't use 3v3 either, dunno if it's because of the update or just a coincidence.
Didn't seem to have any problem in 1v1 and 2v2.

Any idea why this problem occurs ? I've spent my afternoon trying to fix it, making my pc crash so many times I feel sorry for it : /

Thank you.
Kao
Are you using Windows 8?
This thread seems to have steps for it https://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/0 ... r-invalid/

And in this page it lists these
http://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/blue ... r-invalid/
  1. Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common)
  2. Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall).
  3. Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files.
  4. Driver conflict after installing new hardware.
  5. Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System.
  6. Error 0xE4 blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
  7. WORKER_INVALID STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
Topic Starter
Nomme
Nah I'm on W10.

I've seen that but most of these possibilities don't seem relevant. I'll try some of this stuff anyway, it won't have my client work in time but maybe it could be useful anyway...

Thank you for your help : )
Mr HeliX
Interesting, I'm having the exact same problem. I used to have no problems at all running the tourney client, but as soon as I got a new graphics card I started getting blue screens using the tourney client (and the tourney client only). So surely the card must be the problem I thought.

I deleted all the old drivers, installed the latest drivers for the new card. I did the basic Microsoft checks they list and nothing weird came up. I did an elaborate memory check which gave no errors at all. Everything else is working perfectly, except for the tourney client. The error I get is usually WORKER_INVALID or KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. If it helps, my new graphics card is the Geforce GTX 1060 6GB.

Currently I'm running the tourney client on my laptop since that does work :^) I don't know too much about blue screens and how to fix it, maybe someone else has an idea. I'll at least try the steps listed above to see if that helps :^)
Flanster
If you can provide the latest crash dump (dmp) file located in C:\Windows\Minidump I can analyze it with some debugging tools and hopefully pinpoint what module is at fault.
Topic Starter
Nomme

Mr HeliX wrote:

Interesting, I'm having the exact same problem. I used to have no problems at all running the tourney client, but as soon as I got a new graphics card I started getting blue screens using the tourney client (and the tourney client only). So surely the card must be the problem I thought.

I deleted all the old drivers, installed the latest drivers for the new card. I did the basic Microsoft checks they list and nothing weird came up. I did an elaborate memory check which gave no errors at all. Everything else is working perfectly, except for the tourney client. The error I get is usually WORKER_INVALID or KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. If it helps, my new graphics card is the Geforce GTX 1060 6GB.

Currently I'm running the tourney client on my laptop since that does work :^) I don't know too much about blue screens and how to fix it, maybe someone else has an idea. I'll at least try the steps listed above to see if that helps :^)
Oh yeah, I've had the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE once too !

My graphic card is the GeForce GTX 1070.

Thank you for your contribution !

Flanster wrote:

If you can provide the latest crash dump (dmp) file located in C:\Windows\Minidump I can analyze it with some debugging tools and hopefully pinpoint what module is at fault.
Nice ! I have a bunch of them, here's the most recent : https://puu.sh/wzQSl/881241208c.dmp
Mr HeliX

Flanster wrote:

I'll let it crash later tonight and share the .dmp file :^)
Flanster

Nomme wrote:

Nice ! I have a bunch of them, here's the most recent : https://puu.sh/wzQSl/881241208c.dmp
Unfortunately nothing came up in specific. Could be possible windows update being silly. A driver is definitely at fault here though. Are you getting this crash anywhere else except in tourney?
Topic Starter
Nomme
Hmm okay. Nah, problem occurs only with osu!tourney. Previous tournament I was in, I also had blue screen crashes caused by the tourney client, with a different error code showing up though.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get a new computer before getting involved in more tournaments hehe.
(or hope for a driver fix maybe)

Edit : Alright I will try that later, thanks again !
Flanster

Nomme wrote:

Hmm okay. Nah, problem occurs only with osu!tourney. Previous tournament I was in, I also had blue screen crashes caused by the tourney client, with a different error code showing up though.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get a new computer before getting involved in more tournaments hehe.

If you are feeling adventurous you can try these goodies:
1. Running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) which will clean all remnants of GPU drivers and then clean install your NVIDIA driver.
2. Run sfc /scannow in Command Prompt to run System Integrity File Check to correct any problems in Windows' system files.
3. Run CrystalDiskInfo and check your drive's health.
4. Run Prime95 for extensive RAM stress testing.
5. Redownload/Update osu!
Mr HeliX

Flanster wrote:

Nomme wrote:

Here is mine: https://puu.sh/wA227/5abbeed5eb.dmp

Flanster wrote:

If you are feeling adventurous you can try these goodies:
1. Running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) which will clean all remnants of GPU drivers and then clean install your NVIDIA driver.
I did that when installing my new graphic card, didn't help unfortunately :c

Flanster wrote:

2. Run sfc /scannow in Command Prompt to run System Integrity File Check to correct any problems in Windows' system files.
No violations found

Flanster wrote:

3. Run CrystalDiskInfo and check your drive's health.
All good

Flanster wrote:

4. Run Prime95 for extensive RAM stress testing.
Still testing but passed everything so far. I used MEMCheck before and it passed all the tests

Flanster wrote:

5. Redownload/Update osu!
That's the first thing I tried :^) But sorry no that didn't help

I even did a clean install of Windows but that didn't help either :c The tourney client is indeed the only program giving me blue screens. I've played multiple other games and none of them gave me problems :S
Goldknightx
Yeah the client kept crashing me on song switch, everything I tried was to no avail. Tried moving the client around to different locations, different hard drives, different obs settings then realized it had nothing to do with obs : /. Couldn't really figure it out honestly.
Flanster

Mr HeliX wrote:

I have the same SSD, nice :P

Mr HeliX wrote:

Here is mine: https://puu.sh/wA227/5abbeed5eb.dmp
Your crash dump is completely identical to Nomme's with Fault ID X64_0xE4_nt!IoUninitializeWorkItem+b252c from NT Kernel.
If both of your machines are getting the exact problem it could mean the client is at fault here and theres nothing to worry about on your side.

Sorry for not really being of much help :?
Mr HeliX
That's okay, at least you're trying to help :D Maybe the tourney client doesn't like Nvidia drivers or something..
Hopefully a fix can be found, but I'll be able to manage until then :^)