forum

Summer 2017 Anime First Impressions Chart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
It's time again to hope this season is better than the last, and post how great or terrible you think a series is!

Use these colours when posting:
Green for liked
Blue for neutral
Red for disliked

Only TV series and shorts are added to the submission sheet since movies and OVAs either are not watched or come out too late to be relevant to the thread. I decided to re-add shorts since most of them have air dates within the month.

This is the chart I use
Submit your feelings here
Here you can see what other users think
Meah
Fate/Apocrypha - As expected, it's really good. Fight scenes at the beginning is really cool and all of TYPE-MOON series are really great. I am expecting this one to be a hit. A little spoiler, this isn't your usual Holy Grail War, the free for all one. :D
Fate/GO where/when? :c

Knights & Magic - Protagonist getting reborn and bring new stuffs to his new world. Truly a Konosuba vibe one but this is once entirely different since this goes to a more serious adventure unlike Konosuba which is more on comedy. And one thing, protagonist is one of the prettiest male around!

Battle Girl High School - At first I was thinking of Kancolle when I saw this one and yes, 1st episode is lit. For me it is as good as Kancolle. Oh yeah! I must not miss this one. This too reminds me of a game that I really love to play, Cosmic League/Cosmic Break.
SILVER LINK.: Check
Saori Hayami, Nao Touyama and Sora Amamiya (Three of my fav. VAs): Check
Idol Songs: Check
Moe: Check
Magical Girl Transformation: Check

Koi to Uso - Red strings of science, forbidden love because of some set laws by the government? hmmmm, maybe I'll stick with this for a while I want to see how things will progress are.
DakeDekaane
Symphogear AXZ: Doesn't disappoint by bringing us another ridiculous first episode. Not as ridiculous as GX's one though. Nice to see more of our favourite battling idols <3 (more like more of Nana, but the rest is good too).

Fate/Apocrypha: A bit weird looking not ufotable's pretty art, but this one is good too. Red Saber is a cutie.
blissfulyoshi
AX is really putting me behind schedule.

Fate/Apocrypha: Super choppy and hard to follow high speed battle scene followed by longer explanations than mankind should ever have to deal with is not a recipe for success. While there were parts that were decently animated, I feel the bad parts overshadow everything for me. As a fan of loli Jack, I do want to watch the series, but with what I've seen so far, I don't know if I'll do that (Not to mention I can't take a series seriously with Sumanai being looked acknowledged as a good Saber)

Symphogear AXZ: While definitely not as moving as GX's first episode, it still delivers the over the top action, insanity, and singing you expect from the series. From motorcycle action (because you need to do more with motorcycles when not playing children's card games) to summoning random giant airships to cutting the giant airship in half with a huge sword, this show shows a solid start for the next season.
Meah
New Game! 2 - Season 1 was great, season 2 didn't disappoint. More Hifumi and Rin ♥

Tsurezure Children - Boy this anime is really hilarious, but why does it have to be a 12 min per episode only > <

Aho Girl - Heroine is really an idiot, I've been laughing from start to end but why is it only 12 mins again T T

Nana Maru San Batsu - Another interesting one, good story and your usual couple meet ups happened :^). Tho, I think the main heroine was voiced pretty badly.

Summer 2017 Anime, there are lots of good anime this season

Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita. - A beast under the skirt lmao! Hmmmm, hentai one. There goes my 8 green streak :D

tfw you realized that there was a beast under the skirt
blissfulyoshi
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou: Low budget Yaoi show..... definitely what I need in life.

Isekai Shokudou: I was originally expecting this to be the typical op character Isekai series, but I was really surprised to see a chill SoL cooking show. It is a quite slow for me, but the visuals are astounding. On top of that, the simple SoL humor seems to be a nice change of pace for me, so I'll probably stick around.

Enmusubi no Youko-chan: A JP dub of a low budget CN work doesn't make the terrible animations any better.
Seijiro
heh, let's join this time around. It sounds fun.
Starting from the oldest of this week I saw...

Kakegurui
This stuff is lit. Art style might be a turn off for someone but there's something that just hyped me as hell while watching it (maybe the psychotic reactions??).
Anyway, this is some (sort of weird) fresh air for me, nice.

Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
To be fair, I smiled and laughed quite a bit, but in general the premise and some jokes seemed a bit too forced. Nonetheless enjoyable but it can be way better for sure. We'll see how it will turn out in the next episodes

Fate/Apocrypha
I've watched a couple of the other versions of this franchise and I honestly had a hard time grasping a lot of stuff even if I knew what it was about. Art quality is marvelous but that's obviously not everything, hence why I'm neutral (sorry to all the fans :p)

Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
Kill me, or rather, kill whoever wrote that plot. It was painful and at times just random. It is classified as "mistery" but apart the yokai part and stuff like that I couldn't really feel the "mistery". In fact, first ep in general was totally slice of life, with a bit of mistery stuff sprinkled on top at the end.
I hope it will improve, but at this rate I won't waste my time on it further than ep3

Isekai Shokudou
I would give it a greener green if that was possible lol.
This was stunning in many areas, starting from the polished art style, to the plot (which seems to have reserved some cool twists judging the end of the first ep). It may be I am a sucker for fantasy stuff, but this just hits the spot for me.
Can't wait for more

Koi to Uso
Ok, this might actually be green, but let's put it on hold for now.
I read the manga long ago and it wasn't bad, but judging just the anime and what they put into the first ep I'm still a bit skeptical and not because it is bad, but because it can easily de-rail imo. It will most likely turn out well tho

New Game!!

I mean, do I even have to spell it out. It is not much but the genre is the "cute girls doing cute things" and that hits the mark of their target audience.
I personally enjoy seeing those cute reactions and as always execution has been done quite well. #teamHifumi

Aho Girl
Who is the genius who created this. I literally was cracking out of laughs at some point rofl.
The male MC is kinda awkward for now but I just need to get used to him I guess

Tsurezure Children
It reminds me of MomoKuri in some way, just multiplied lol. It is not pretentious but it is well made for entertainment.
Not on top of the "to watch" list but enjoyable anyway

Nana Maru San Batsu
The idea is of this anime is quite unusual and that's a good thing. I'm a bit worried about the plot development (it seems a bit too... thin for now, idk) and the female MC has such an awful VA, holy (it seems like a newbie VA in training or something)
I will keep an eye on this, since I don't dislike this sort of educational anime (there was another anime in which a girl could time travel and meet famous scientists in the world, but I forgot its name rip. It was interesting tho)

Gotta catch up on Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ and Knights & Magic when I can + the ones airing today, like Netsuzou Trap and stuff like that

ok, what the hell did I just watch, lol

Netsuzou Trap & Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita.
I guess Wednesday will become my "erotic night" LOL
The second one of these two is also kinda "pushed" lmao. I'll leave them green for the time being, I just hope it doesn't go down the drain (although plenty just went down already)
blissfulyoshi
Aho Girl: Amazing pacing for such a low budget gag comedy show. It really captures how stupid the manga is, so I highly recommend you get past the op and give it a shot.

Tsurezure Children: Young and sometimes incredibly cringeworthy love. Another low budget show that is sometimes funny but sometimes incredibly painful to watch. I'll give it 1 more shot, but not sure how much I want to stay on.

Nana Maru San Batsu: A low budget and boring take on quiz bowl and shonen cliches.
Justykanna
Knight's & Magic: I'm intrigued, but not convinced quite yet. That introduction was such a strange way to start out. However, it looks good and the story could end up being somewhat decent. The one catch could be how, possible, annoying these characters could end up being.

Love and Lies: When you're dealing with a romance genre show, how much does a viewer really want government involved? I'm not entirely sure I can be sold on that premise but I'll stick around because I didn't mind pretty much every other aspect of this show. My viewpoint could change based on how importing this next episode looks.
blissfulyoshi
Dive!!: While decently animated at parts, feels like nothing happens in this ep to get any attention from the audience. Add on the super weird water reflections that irk me to no end, this show is an easy drop for me.

Knight's & Magic: Another super happy show about being transported to another world and fulfilling all of your life's dreams with lackluster humor and mediocre action scenes to help you along the way. I really can't say anything about the show really appealed to me in any way, but I sort of want to see a mecha right now. As a result, I'll stay for another ep, but I probably will drop it.

Battle Girl High School: Yay, it's another mobile game adaptation filled with a huge cast, low budget animation, and a very simple plot (admittedly the last sword fight, while blurry, actually flowed decently unlike F/A). But I can't deny I'm a sucker for the simple moe humor. And I dearly hope that Silver Link is pushing all of their staff to make that Illya movie amazing.

Kakegurui: One of the most anticipated shows of the season, a crazy gambling show about always putting something larger on the line. The show definitely capitalized on the strength of the series, the crazy faces and mental roller coaster the characters, however some of the lower budget transitions and awkward fanservice does weaken the showing a bit. I'll probably continue watching, but I'll leave this as a maybe for now (I'll probably skip the idol arc and the tower arc since both are pretty lackluster to me)

Saiyuuki Reload Blast: I never watched the originals but the low budget animation and a bunch of a jokes that don't appeal to me, killed any thing I could have had for this show.

Konbini Kareshi: Ignoring the bad sound mastering, the show was incredibly boring to watch. The characters make an incredibly amount of boring small talk, and the amazing amount of static frames and objects just add on to my boredom.
Faust
Fate/Apocrypha:

Personally I'm not so invested in this spin-off.
I haven't read much of the source material, but I'm anticipating some decent fleshed-out scenes at this length of 25 episodes.

Kakegurui:

Great animation quality right off the bat. Set a really good impression on me, plus the exaggerated expressions were pretty well-recreated.
Also, the ED sequence is really catchy.
Shiirn

Faust wrote:

Fate/Apocrypha:

Personally I'm not so invested in this spin-off.
blissfulyoshi
Shoukoku no Altair: Lots of boring political talk and very basic thinking.

Vatican Kiseki Chousakan: A very serious take on religious mystery, filled with some creepy vibes and a lot of religious stuff thrown about. I honestly did enjoy the mystery, but the excess info seemed to drag on and on. I ended up skipping a good amount of the episode to keep myself awake.

Ballroom e Youkoso: Not a fan of ballroom dancing or the extremely typical shonen start. I can say though that the backgrounds were fairly detailed and the animation was decent at times (and horrible at others).

Made in Abyss: A beautiful looking world with an unusual character design that doesn't appeal to me at all. On top of that, the characters all seem very naive and childish, turning me off even more. Definitely not a show for me.

Castlevania: (because Horriblesubs posted the jp dub of this, I decided to try it out) Well, it's as you expect, incredibly westernized and imo, boring. Typical Romance vengeance plot, with lots of boring dialogue. The backgrounds and human entrails were solidly drawn, but collateral damage of any of the onscreen action was near nonexistant, creating a really cheap feel.

18if: Yet another awful low budget show that aims for shock and psycological thrill but insteads just confuses the viewer in some bizarre and terrible premise. I don't think there is anything worth seeing in this show, so I'll move on.

Centaur no Nayami: Is there a reason to watch this show? They barely try to crack jokes or have drama. Oh well, the op and ed seemed decent if nothing else, I might listen to the full version when those come out.

Hitorijime My Hero: Slow paced BL, not for me.

Jikan no Shihaisha: I was pretty surprised to see such clean and detailed drawings throughout this show. Sadly that is all the show had going for it. The action scenes had very uneven pacing creating blurred frames. The premise doesn't fully make sense. And there is a bunch of bad humor to join along. Despite their visual effort in some areas, this show is a hard sell.

Edit: Let's break this red streak

New Game!!: The next season of moe office life. Pretty much what you expect from the next season of the show. Solid moe comedy but nothing too amazing.

Hina Logi: A bit weird to rate something after watching ep 3, but it is the other moe show by Doga Kobo. Unlike it's action counterpart, this is much closer to New Game in appeal, except for the first 2 eps, it definitely felt weaker than New Game. However, ep 3 was fairly solid imo, and I hope I can look forward to more.

Honestly, I'm finding it hard to rate things remotely fairly after watching Symphogear, so going to stop for tonight.

Princess Principal: Well I got convinced to watch this tonight. A very well animated but sad story about spies. However, because it stays fairly serious throughout, there are no jokes of any kind even when appropriate, creating a sometimes dry atmosphere. The plot was decent enough, but it is definitely not something that'll get me hyped each week. Beyond that, outside of the steampunk stuff, a lot the background and people looked very dead as they were not moving or sometimes had very inaccurate lighting, while at other moments, they were very well made. These little nuances sadly become fairly pronounced with the atmosphere leaving me high and dry and not putting me in some hyped state.
Rio-
I copied this from my impressions in the MyAnimeList forum... Putting this to Spoilerbox cuz' It's long af.

SPOILER
Fate/Apocrypha - Such a good start for a probably for one of the most anticipated Anime in this season. Especially that First battle scene looks Amazing...

Animation is amazing (Thought It's made by ufotable, but I'm wrong), music is pretty well done (especially the OP by EGOIST). The Black-sides servants Intro looks well done, Mordred is pretty much a tomboy or cooler version of Saber in her intro imo and Jeanne Intro looks interesting. Can't wait to see more.

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu - of course ufotable brings such a quality animation and visuals yet again... The OP is good too

First episode doesn't really show a lot though and It has this vibe that it's probably have that same kind of plot or story like Zestiria, something missing. But I think I pretty much will continue watching it cuz' ufotable.

Knight's & Magic - I felt this is quite rushed, I'm not even a light novel reader for this title but I can feel it. Still kind of cliche plot with mecha, magic, and stuffs imo. But I think I'll still enjoy it (i hope).

MC is cute though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), didn't expect Takahashi Rie voiced a Trap tbh, and the animation is quite well done... fhana for the opening is always nice to hear.

Battle Girl High School: Battle Girl Project - Not gonna lie but I plan to watch this cuz' there's a lot of seiyuus I like. Other than that, It's quite alright but there's no other point that I can find better than other anime and They introduce lots of character in that first episode too soon, I can't handle that much.

I still gonna watch it more I guess, I can feel It will get better later on, but if It's getting worse I might drop It. Heard the game is quite good though so I'm quite disappointed with this adaptation.

Isekai Shokudou - Thought It's Fantasy's "Food Wars-like" Anime at first, but this Anime looks interesting and surprisingly has this relaxing feeling to it (at least in the 1st Episode). A Good Start, hope It continues getting good...

Wonder when the Mystery part will start though? And I become hungry after watching that first Episode lol.

Aho Girl - I enjoyed this, a good start. This is like that Manzai Comedy, but the boke is literally an Idiot. The punches are going too far though if It was manzai comedy. Also Sugita works well as a Tsukkomi as wel, maybe something He gets when He's in Gintama and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.

And that's quite a low-budget Opening there with the Animation lol. Hope It stays hillarious onward.

New Game!! - RinKou ship sails...
It was good to see this series again. Great first episode, and now with better graphics and animation imo.

dat Kou's fanservice in the beginning and Hifumin's eyecandy transition tho'

Tsurezure Children - I'm surprised there's a lot good short series for this season, like this one.

I think this is what RomCom should be imo, have the same amounts of both Romantic and Comedy aspect. My favourite is the first one, but the final story is kind of both sweet and sad though.

Netsuzou TRap - A nice yuri series for this season. I'm still waiting for Citrus to air though but this one might be good to wait for that.

Not a big fan of NTR. But the Yuri is a thing so yeah, nice animation too...

-------
EDIT: Adding more

Kakegurui - A Great Start. Really liked the Graphic and both OP and ED in the music aspect (the CGI is great too though)

Also Hayamin voice as Jabami is Great~

Koi to Uso - the f*** with that Government laws? Both of them should go together instead.

The Graphics might be quite ugly, but I'm fine with it. The Ending is wonderful and quite catchy, this might be the Best ED this season imo (The Opening is good too).
I'm excited to see the next episode.

Nana Maru San Batsu - I was pretty much a bookworm myself back before Uni, introvert and I loved reading facts uncommon to most people so I can feel how the MC feel about that. I did join some Quiz Bowl back then though but It's not really my forte and I don't like competitions, also Uni changes everything and I actually lost my bookworm habit now wtf.

As of the series, this is quite interesting for me. Just like that typical shounen sport series but in Quizzes. I found Fukami is charming, her VA can do better but as of now I think It's still good enough for me.

Made in Abyss - This series looks interesting and incredible. The Art, Music, and animation are wonderful in that first Episode, love the OP, and I actually thought It was made by Studio Ghibli for a second. Easily Top 5 for me in this season and definitely going to watch more.

Ballroom e Youkoso - So at first I thought this series will be boring cuz' I usually get boring fast seeing some classic dance moves, but thankfully I was wrong. This is a shounen afterall. Kind of scared if It'll turn out as homosexual as Yuri on Ice, but I hope not (I don't read the manga).

I like the unique art style when They start dancing. Like the musics too... So far I will continue watching it.

Princess Principal - Good first Episode, Steampunk setting is kind of my favourite era. Characters looks cool and interesting, especially Ange. Also Good Opening and Animations.
This Series have potential to become one of good Anime for this season, especially when It's an Original series.

That was actually sad in the End though.

Shoukoku no Altair - Pretty Good Start. This series might be go Politics from now on but so far I enjoyed It, felt a little bit too fast for me for this episode though sadly.

The characters design looks great and the animation are good. Hoping to see more.

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - A decent first episode. I pretty much like fantasy or isekai settings, and this is quite nice tbh but nothing impressive. I still think kind of wtf with the MC, why He's so calm when He meets God and getting resurrected?

It's just the first episode afterall so let's see how this series will turn out, It's expected if It'll turn out to be a Harem series but I'll still dig for any series if It has a good story.
Seijiro
Ok, let's finish up my previous list..

Knights & Magic
Ok, drawings are cute and action scenes are even well made but it seems to me the creators wanted to exaggerate the MC too much.
I get the idea behind his obsession but holy, it makes me cringe too much. Might keep up with it when I get the chance

Symphogear AXZ
Oh my, those songs + action + drama.
After the first ep I got curious and started watching from the first season to grasp better the situation. I'll stick with it for a while I believe

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
This is soooo cliche' I couldn't stand it for the entirety of first ep. The idea is even cool (I guess?) but it feels like a bunch of stuff already seen thrown together and calling it a new anime. Not my cup of tea :v

Jikan no Shihaisha
Cool drawings, clean effects and pretty decent backgrounds. Even music wasn't bad overall but who the hell wrote this, geez.
Normally I would have kept watching but this was just a turn off. Again clice's a bit everywhere too, so rip

Princess Principal
Damn, this was unexpected. Well, the school ambiance was to be expected for sure but the whole setting is intriguing. Not to mention good visuals overall and the (sort of) complex characters due their nature of spies. This picked my interest and I'll keep watching

Made in Abyss

This is surely not for kids, despite what the visuals may hint to. The story from just ep1 wasn't enough to explain some core points imo, but I guess that's the charm of this anime. Setting feels a bit awkward but we're talking about fantasy, so that's actually a bonus lol

18if
I didn't understand a single thing and that's probably why I'm giving it neutrality but this is highly inclined towards red.
Not even sure what I should say more lol

I just flat out skipped some others either because of the genre (no yaoi, thanks) or because the premise didn't look interesting at all from the start (hi, Centaur no Nayami) so I guess this is more or less the list

-------------------------

And I thought there wouldn't be anything new anymore...

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
This one looks rather serious, although the premise is about school life and romance (?) and even comedy. I don't have much to say tbh, just the concept being cool (someone may not like the passive/awkward MC but I think it's a good addition to the show)

Hajimete no Gal
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL. If you ever seen Danshi Koukosei no Nichijou you know what to expect from this anime, with an additional ecchi layer.
I honestly enjoyed the jokes overall. Surely not the best in fact of plot or anything but who cares I guess, it is meant fro entertainment after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the Monogatari series, I am glad they pushed out such a movie-size episode right from the start, but I really gotta catch up with the few series I haven't watched yet to get what's going on. Normally, even just one ep makes things harder to understand anyway...
DeletedUser_6709840
Kakegurui: Didn't expect a gambling anime to actually catch my eye but the characters and suspense are keeping me watching. I can tell this is a series of problematic faves for me.

Ballroom e Youkoso: the concept of ballroom dancing already interested me from the beginning. However, what keeps me interested is that the shonen art style as well as the lack of "fujo-bait" that sports anime are usually known for. I can't say for the rest of the series but this is refreshing from past sports anime in the previous seasons.

Netsuzou TRap: Nine minute episodes of a bit disappointing to me but having a genuine yuri anime makes me happy. However, I hope Citrus get an adaptation soon so I can get this over with. Not a fan really of the NTR either but i can manage.
blissfulyoshi
Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart: A short eroge promo, purely meant for the sake of comedy. The series itself has decent sprites but uses fairly low budget animation, and while I did find the series fairly boring, I did laugh a bit at the end. As a result, I'm willing to give this another shot, but I probably will drop it

Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017): A fairly boring series about DQ tropes, no.

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits: I don't know what this show was trying to accomplish by showing kids trying to copy a fairly low budget sentai scene. I could take a few guesses, but the series didn't really amuse me.

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.: Another isekai series..... This one at least tries to be a little funny, but it comes off as the same op mc meets beautiful girls and has a happy world. I wish I could be more positive about this, but oh well.

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e: How many more super long and boring intro eps should I tolerate this season? I am so sleepy after finishing/skimming that ep. That final reveal does give me a bit more interest to watch the next ep, but I'll probably drop this.
Paxas_old
Gamers!
Knight's & Magic
Hajimete no Gal
Isekai wa Smartphone to tomo ni
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
Teekyuu 9
Konosuba 2 OVA
Aho girl
DakeDekaane
New Game!!: Loved the first season, and it seems this will be a nice season for cute office girls doing cute office girls things. Also, this is a proof that there is fanservice and fanservice.
CodeS
New Game: As garbage as the first season

Fate/Apocrypha: So far, they're doing an "Ok" adaptation, but knowing what will happen doesn't make me excited and this somehow ruins my enjoyment of the Anime

Made in Abyss: Anime of the season and probably Anime of the year, as an avid reader of the manga (See my avi) this adaptation has been extremely amazing, and the art / worldbuilding / etc etc has been so ahead of everything else this season is not even a contest. and so far I'm really excited with what's to come and how they will deal with it in the Anime, can't wait for Madness Papa to appear http://i.imgur.com/2JVqEvN.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Tt8k7nk.jpg .

Centaur: It's ok, I mean, the manga is enjoyable until they reach to a certain /pol/ arc, so I can enjoy the anime until said arc and then drop it

Gamers: Another Anime I wish I didn't knew the source material, I can't help but rage with every character, but still, the videogames references and so are enjoyable.

Isekai Shokudou C O M F Y, perfect to watch after my shift.

Aho Girl: oh man, I remember reading this manga years ago and having a blast with it... shame after so many chapters the jokes get very old, the Anime format helps with this as a short anime, so it's more enjoyable this way.

Tenshi no 3P!: Ro Kyu Bu 2.0 without the charm of it, dunno, first episode was really, really meh
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Time to catch up on everything I've been planning to watch and then make a post of everything

Rio-
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e - Why did I have a vibe this series will be either OreGairu v2 (I see Hachiman, Yukino, and Yui there for some reason) or Baka to Test v2? Either way, this is an interesting series for this season. Opening by ZAQ is a great touch for this series too...

Hajimete no Gal - Aside from Pantyshots and some questionable scenes, this looks like a good watch for this season. The Jokes is quite laughable for me. Looks like an Ecchi and (probably) Harem version of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou imo.

Gamers! - I think I found a new Light Novel to read. Interesting series and I feel bad to know most of the references in that first episode lol. Would watch more...
(That last scene when the main girl (Tendou Karen) got rejected by the MC though lol)

That's all for this season I guess, I might drop some anime for this season or wait for them finished in the future...
Meah
Gamers - I like this kind of anime where the main heroine is like a Goddess to everyone but she really have some hidden secrets plus the story is quite interesting.

Hajimete no Gal - Aside from being ecchi, I think the story is quite good.

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - MC OP though I don't really mind, I want to watch how he deals with his new world :D
Paxas_old
7O3X: Heroine so bold
Hajimete no gal: Gyaru being heroine is interesting
Gamers!: Rev2, BlazBlue and UNI hype, the fighter girl is eroi, cute heroine, the MC is meh
Keppeki Danshi Aoyama kun: MC loved by both boys and girls is nicest part, so much chibis
Aho girl: I don't like the 2MC but others are loveable
Meah
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e - Romance, Comedy and School, yes I am perfectly biased when it comes to these genres but that's not it. The anime itself is pretty interesting. First, 2 MC's reminds me of Oregairu's MC, how they're voiced is perfect. The way they speak, you can tell what kind of characters they are and both have hidden secrets. Second, the animations, it's really great. Third, storyline, it's like a combined story of Baka to Test and Oregairu (two of my all time favorites). School anime with school point system is really great. So for me 10/10, I would put this on my #1 for this season.

Hina Logic - from Luck & Logic - I have a feeling that this is gonna be like Soul Eater NOT though I'll check it weekly cause of moe fanservice.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
18if: This was barely able to keep my interest, so bad that I found myself turning to look at my phone at least every 2 minutes. I couldn't find anything to like about this one, not the animation, plot, characters, just nothing was interesting about this. The reason I tried to pick this up was because I wanted a supernatural thriller, but instead I came out of this not understanding what was going on. Even after giving it 2 episodes, it doesn't make any more sense. I doubt this will get any better, so I'm going to pass it up.

Battle Girl High School: So this is based off a game, but having never played or even heard of it, I don't think I'm familiar enough with the source content to like this. This series definitely seems more like it is suppose to be for fans of the game and not really to get new people interested in it. None of the characters are introduced enough to stand out, and they all seems like clones of one another, except in different colours. Nothing in the story keeps me interested either. Next pls.

Centaur no Nayami: It's cute, that's it. Nothing happens, really, nothing happens.

Fate/Apocrypha: As someone who has been invested in the Fate series for a long time, I'm enjoying getting to see an adaptation for this, and glad to see that A-1 isn't butchering this. However, this is another niche series, so unless you've seen/read more of the Fate series, I wouldn't recommend watching this. If you have tho, give it a try.

Gamers!: Something else I have no idea on the source material of, but I feel like the reason I'm enjoying this so much is because I don't know it.I've heard from a few people who have seen the source material say that this sucks. I like how this series includes actual game references, and everything isn't just a knockoff or pun of actual series. Some of the characters seem kind of..iffy...but that doesn't turn me off so much to where I don't like it, so I hope I don't regret later liking this.

Hajimete no Gal: This already seems like it's going to be one of, if not my favourite series, of this season. It's a series that is ecchi, and has good jokes. From the start of the first episode, I got hooked. Initially I didn't have that high of expectations, especially since it's an ecchi comedy series. The jokes and plot are crude and lewd, but not overdone or gross. I feel like the group of dudes are suppose to be unlikable, but they are so much to the point I start to feel bad for them and hope they die at the same time. Anyway, going to keep watching, hope it doesn't disappoint me. And now I plan to read the manga.

Hina Logi ~from Luck & Logic~: This is probably just suppose to be a moe series, but something about it is very nice and appealing. Particularly the way that the colours are used gets me, and amplifies just how cute this is. I'm going to keep watching this since I feel like it's going to have a steady development.

Isekai Shokudou: A very relaxing watch, but something about it drags along a bit too much for me. I'm a sucker for very appealing, animated food, so I can't completely put this off, but if it keeps plodding along too much then I might drop it. I do have my hopes for this still.

Kakegurui: Yes, I love me some crazy bitches. The animation really catches my attention, and I love how the faces and expressions are drawn. This gets extra points for having a great op and ed as well. This kind of seems like it's going to be a psychological series, which is keeping me even more interested in this. If I keep enjoying the series, I might pick up reading the manga. However, with this being a series heavily based around a gambling theme, I'm still kind of wary that this might have a point where it falls off.

Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun: The animation is nice, but I'm not caring for any of the story.

Koi to Uso: I'm still not sure entirely how to feel about this series. I like how the characters interact with each other, but this is a theme I've seen way too much of, and it's not usually done too well. Think for now I'll keep watching it to see if the theme works out well, so I do have some hopes for this one.

Made in Abyss: Considering this is probably going to be the anime of the season, I feel bad for not liking this as much as I should in the ways that I should. The world is beautiful and the character design is interesting, but that's all I like about it. The plot and how the characters act doesn't really interest me or hold my attention. I feel like there's suppose to be a feeling of nostalgia for childhood in this, but I'm not feeling it.

New Game!!: My girls are back

Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ: My other girls are back

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e: The story seems like it could build up to be pretty interesting, but it is starting out really slow. I'll give it one more episode before I decide if I will drop this.

Aho-Girl: This series seems to be very based around jokes, and I think the jokes are pretty good.

Tsurezure Children: Surprisingly another good short this season. It's one of the better romcom series I've seen in a while, but it moves so fast.
raszka
Ballroom e Youkouso: It was interesting at first but the pacing is just horrible imo. The animation and the art is also weird, I thought they just wanted to follow the manga art style but it was just overdone, the facial expressions, the postures, the atmosphere everything was weird. Also the characters were all dislikeable for the only exception of Mako. The MC was also likeable but I felt like Sengoku and the people around him's actions on him were unreasonable, I just feel like he was being forced to dance. That and the fact the show has only shown us how his dancing progresses without caring for his life OUTSIDE the world of Dancing, life and personal issues were just mentioned and it doesn't even seem like he really even cares.

Kakegurui I won't say this is overrated but definitely overhyped, is there any plot at all? what is the mc there for? WHAT ARE THESE cliffhangers? personally I wouldn't care at all for every single one of the characters, they're all psychos and you can't really feel the tension nor feel bad for anything that happens to them, except those side-characters that they never bothered to introduce properly.. but i can understand that. It is worth watching though I guess.

Isekai Shokudou aaaaaaaaa this was the only good anime in this season, excluding all those "second seasons" etc. i don't think i need to say why since everyone likes it I guess (chill, visually pleasant, relaxing and a little bit of empathy on the characters), it's not really that much praised but I can see why. It just started normally without the need of seeking attention, just like the Monster Apartment anime thingy, which wasn't that bad either imo. It's just that these shows are really lowly rated and don't make a big impression on most of people

Koi to Uso Ugh, this one is horrible and I followed the manga. let's keep it short, the plot is absolutely nonsense and it's terrible obviously but it can't be helped. I also don't like how Misaki, Neji and especially RIRINA think. WHAT? WHY? and needless to say the only character that makes sense is Neji's friend, Yuusuke.. he might be the only one that keeps the series alive.

Aho Girl wooooooo, this is actually a decent anime.. but it's a comedy! it's not something that will leave any marks on me, but it's really one of the funniest comedies i've ever seen. good job, it definitely delivers for people who seek such kinds of animes.

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. this anime was a mistake. no plot, no enemies, too many advantages, too many girls in such a short time, no backstories, no reason for them to stick to the mc whatsoever etc. AAAAH never thought I'd see a fantasy like this. I usually like fantasy because I know sometimes they are good reads when it comes to light novels but this one would be really bad. If a friend shows up and tells me about this and its story, I'd just tell him it's the worst Isekai series I've ever heard of

PRINCESS PRINCIPAL, and MADE IN ABYSS can probably trigger a green from me though, they were all interesting first episodes but I really want to watch them once they are finished. One is because I want to finish Princess Principal in one breath, and it's going to be tough, no comedy whatsoever and a really serious story. Second is because people are being waaaaay too optimistic on Made in Abyss like it's going to be the best anime of the year etc, with all the tragedy and stuff.. No just no, I feel like the manga fans are being obnoxious so I'll just wait.

I don't like this season, the Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 is going to be big I can say for sure though
Comfy Slippers
Koi to Uso

Nisaka is hot af, wouldn't mind getting manhandled by him. 11/10
Faust
Princess Principal:

Makes me reminisce of Baccano and other similar shows, which is a good thing.

Also Yuki Kajiura on the score.
Green Platinum
Now that the season is coming to an end I'm checking out the shows that are supposedly worthwhile.

Kakegurui: Not a fan of Kaiji so no surprise I find this worse. Rather watch Akagi and One outs for my gambling anime

Fate/Apocrypha: Yuck get it away from me

Ballroom e youkoso: Interested by what I've seen so far

Aho Girl: Boring

Need to try still
-Princess Principal
-Symphogear
-Made in Abyss
-Netsuzou Trap
-Issekai Smartphone
-Koi to Uso
-Gamers!
Meah
Classroom of the Elites ended well, I hope it gets 2nd season
Waiting for Fall 2017's, I heard there are lots of good ones coming specially UMR and Soma :D
show more