forum

Hey there! I'm new. (and 2 questions)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Linck5
Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm completely knew to Osu! Never heard of this game until yesterday. I wanted to try this game because I wanted to get better at using my mouse, but then I later realized that maybe this game isn't meant to be played with the mouse for the more hard songs. Looks like the best players play with a graphics tablet, which I have one, and I tried playing with it and it's also a lot of fun. But then I wouldn't improve my mouse skills, but I found this game hella fun anyway, so I'll keep playing even if I change to tablet.

So I have two questions:
-Is it really typical for the best players to play with tablet or a lot of them also use mouse?
-The default keys for hitting the circles are Z and X it seems. When I play, is it better to always alternate them no matter what?
Ryoid
Hello!Hi! and welcome to the forum,and the game of course :D

Question 1: well, there still a lot of pro player use mouse, and hard song is not meant to be only played only with tablet
cause i'am a mouse player and still can pass insane maps,so what you need to do is play more and don't give up :D
is up to you to chose to play with mouse or tablet

Question 2:i use D and F and (still same answer)is up to you to chose your playstyle
there were a lot of pro single taping and there were few of the alternating,but for me i use both

if you have more question go ask at G&R forum,i bet that a lot of people will happy to answer
well,good luck and don't forget to enjoy the game :D
Sandy Hoey
Welcome to the forums! Glad you decided to try it out. This game is a lot more than just a way to practicing your mouse handling. If you want to paly with mouse, it is definitely not a limiting factor. I use mouse myself and even prefer it over a tablet (I bought one and never use it now)
Topic Starter
Linck5
Thanks!

Yeah well this is probably common but I'm finding very difficult to alternate between two keys, it messes up my brain somehow, things go so fast that I'm not sure which key I'm supposed to press next. And in my brain for some reason one key is the main key and the other is the alternate, then when I need to start a chain of circles with the alternate key instead of the main it feels weird. I'd be curious if everyone feels like that in the beginning.

Also it's interesting that this game has an otaku theme to it for some reason, and most players are into anime and japanese stuff. But this is actually nice for me because I also like anime and japanese stuff, and I've been learning japanese (at a very slow pace) for one and a half year now. Maybe it helps me a bit somehow haha.
Sandy Hoey

Linck5 wrote:

Yeah well this is probably common but I'm finding very difficult to alternate between two keys, it messes up my brain somehow, things go so fast that I'm not sure which key I'm supposed to press next. And in my brain for some reason one key is the main key and the other is the alternate, then when I need to start a chain of circles with the alternate key instead of the main it feels weird. I'd be curious if everyone feels like that in the beginning.
If you feel like that, then you can do that. Tap most of the circles with one main key and only use the other one when you have to
DJ Enetro

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Linck5 wrote:

If you feel like that, then you can do that. Tap most of the circles with one main key and only use the other one when you have to
Adding to that, imo I think tablet helps with huge jumps but I use trackpad. It's pressure over a small distance that can help.

I use default for everything, so.

Welcome. Definitely add Sandy, he is a really great friend to start out with

(Rip not knowing Portuguese, so)
I always use so and rip...
Sandy Hoey
You make it seem like I am a starter pack or something xD
Topic Starter
Linck5
lol

Thanks for your recommendation DJ Enetro. After getting comfortable with sandy, which friend should I aim for next?
DJ Enetro

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You make it seem like I am a starter pack or something xD
Well you do post a lot in this subforum.

Linck5 wrote:

Thanks for your recommendation DJ Enetro. After getting comfortable with sandy, which friend should I aim for next?
That is where you decide. (If you still need one, friend me)

But you can check the osu!Bancho channels find friends there, multiplayer, and also forums and chat servers.
Sandy? Or anyone else? I'd like a second opinion

But really you decide you osu!career. You can definitely friend me (as I've said before!)
Topic Starter
Linck5
You didn't get the joke lol

I was joking about sandy being a starter pack
DJ Enetro
Rip I'm so dense
gaming epic
Welcome to the forums!