forum

[Archived] In osu! my refresh rate is blocked at 60 Hz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lipefree
I have a BenQ XL2411 ( 144 Hz monitor) but when I'm playing a map on osu! in the bottom-right corner it says that I am at 60 Hz.
I have checked in the Nvidia pannel and it says that the monitor is running at 144 Hz.
Just a week ago, I was able to play at 144 Hz but it has changed and I don't know why.
I'm using a DVI cable.

osu! version: 20170616stable
Venix
Are you using two monitors, both in the same time?
Akanagi
It might be connected to your desktop refresh rate.
Check if you're still using 60hz on your desktop, that was the issue for me for several games actually.
Ice Poseidon Cx
Ok go on to your osu folder and find osu.user.cfg and edit it with either notepad or notepad *recommended and locate RefreshRate = something ( change that to 144) and OverrideRefreshRate = 1 to 0. Let us know if it helped :).
Topic Starter
lipefree
Hey thank you for all the replies.
Unfortunatly, I'm actually on holidays so I will try later but still thanks a lot !!
Topic Starter
lipefree

Venix wrote:

Are you using two monitors, both in the same time?
Yes (the other one is 60hz monitor)
Topic Starter
lipefree

-Raijin wrote:

Ok go on to your osu folder and find osu.user.cfg and edit it with either notepad or notepad *recommended and locate RefreshRate = something ( change that to 144) and OverrideRefreshRate = 1 to 0. Let us know if it helped :).
I'm still blocked at 60 hz in game :/
Topic Starter
lipefree

Rayne wrote:

It might be connected to your desktop refresh rate.
Check if you're still using 60hz on your desktop, that was the issue for me for several games actually.
How can I change it ?
Venix
If you plug out your 60hz one have you 144hz in game?
Topic Starter
lipefree

Venix wrote:

If you plug out your 60hz one have you 144hz in game?
No, it is still 60 Hz
II Lemons 22
If your using a HDMI cable to run your monitor it caps at 60hz, using VGA or DVI allows you to uncap it according to monitors max Hz. Also helps to make sure the setting is enabled Display settings
snoeflake

II Lemons 22 wrote:

If your using a HDMI cable to run your monitor it caps at 60hz, using VGA or DVI allows you to uncap it according to monitors max Hz. Also helps to make sure the setting is enabled Display settings
Unless if it supports 144hz through hdmi 2.0
gencix000
I can run 144Hz on osu! lazer but not osu! (normal) / sadd:(
Corne2Plum3

gencix000 wrote:

I can run 144Hz on osu! lazer but not osu! (normal) / sadd:(
Please don't post on very old solved issues, and if you have a specific issue regarding the game, please make a new thread instead.

Also for osu! lazer related stuff this is here https://github.com/ppy/osu