forum

Counter-Strike: Global Offense

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mashley
Got in the beta last week, I'm enjoying it a lot. Anyone else been playing?
Mara
I'd like to try this as well. I didn't get in the beta unfortunately. Mashley, would I enjoy that game? (I have played 1.6, CZ, CSS, even the Xbox version)
Vish024
It's simply a slightly different version of source with a few changes. I'm still undecided as to getting it.
Mara
I heard the way guns work are more like 1.6 rather than Source.
Gabi
The game right now is terrible, the mechanics are very odd and it doesn't feel like CS/ CS:S at all. The graphics are pretty awesome, but like someone else in the thread says, it looks more like BF3.
Vish024
I was praying they wouldn't follow the "ZOMG AWESOME GRAPHICS BUT NOTHING ELSE" bandwagon that's invaded game development in recent years. I think I'll just revisit 1.6 occasionally.
Mashley

LunaticMara wrote:

I'd like to try this as well. I didn't get in the beta unfortunately. Mashley, would I enjoy that game? (I have played 1.6, CZ, CSS, even the Xbox version)
I guess? I can't speak for how it compares to other versions of CS, but I am enjoying it at lot.
foulcoon
EDIT: NVM

traded some stuff for an invite to the beta, yet to try it out because steams download servers suck today
Natteke
Bump. The release is soon. Some professional CS players have already tested it and the conclusion is: CS:GO isn't even remotely as awesome as CS 1.6.

After playing CS 1.6 for 6 years I still can't say I will give it up anytime soon and certainly not going to switch to CS:GO, but it's sad that 1.6 will not be played on any major tournaments pretty soon :(

Anyone of you have a mix they can play with? PM me if you do to play against me and my buddies. 5x5 ofc :D

Galkan wrote:

Not mentioning the fact CS series have the lowest teamplay factor among all shooters I've ever played (Enemy Territory, anyone?). I'm surprised that anyone outside poor eastern Europe actually plays this thing.
I have a feeling you've only played on public servers, huh? Obviously you don't need teamplay on public, but on mix / cups / lans teamplay is like 65% teamplay and 35% skill, where communication between your teammates is absulutely vital, and that's what made this game so popular and that's why it's still being played for over 10 years. It's much like chess where you have to think way ahead of your opponent and read the game carefully, the better tactic you have, the better your chances are. And no, it's not only eastern europe, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Ukraine, Denmark, Norway, Germany and Poland are the major players. It's pretty much dead in USA though, but in eurupe it's fully living and gathering tens of thousands of viewers on cup streams. Know your facts

Also, teamplay matters a lot:

Fabi
It is, in fact, pretty much alive in South America. A lot of non-steam servers with a very good connection (since they are paid). I have been playing from the start of 1.5 and then 1.6. CS is the classic of the classic. I still play it, but retired from mix/closed, and just pub. The time will tell if GO will be the replacement of CS 1.6.

EDIT: Screw with those shitty maps and mods aka surf, kz, zombie mode, etc.
jianzii
CS:GO looks too much like CoD for me to take it seriously :P
I really wish CS Promod went huge like I thought it would.
Mara

Natteke wrote:

Anyone of you have a mix they can play with? PM me if you do to play against me and my buddies. 5x5 ofc :D
I wish I could, but I don't have any mates to play with. :(

And it's been too many years since I played 1.6 last time.
IppE
Why is the thread title wrong? It's Offensive, not Offense.

:|
Icyteru
^Doesn't really matter though.

Had this game for a while now.

I've also been playing 1.6 for a long, long, long time...

Anyway, first thought:
Everything got an upgrade, visuals, everything.

But to be honest, I can't really tell what, but something, SOME ESSENCE of 1.6, is missing. AND I CAN'T TELL WHAT IT IS!!!
However, I like how they added in popular CS custom mods like Gungame, one of my favourites.

Next is war3 mods and stuff (100% custom though)
Accelerator-kun
I will surely buy it.
WVS
I still thinks 1.6 is better than this,
though.
KinomiCandy
Accelerator-kun

KinomiCandy wrote:

First... how?
Second... what's your steam skin?
KinomiCandy

Accelerator-kun wrote:

First... how?
SPOILER
I'm helping Valve by translating video games like Dota 2, CSS etc. and Steam at the translation server.
I obviously need to get the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta if I have to translate that game too
into my own language, which is Norwegian.
SPOILER
Minimal Steam UI by TTK-Bandit.
Layne_old_1
~
Rukario
I got in the beta yesterday and gave my gift to dkun. fuck yeah.
Natteke
omfg I want it too :(

KinomiCandy wrote:

I'm helping Valve by translating video games like Dota 2, CSS etc. and Steam at the translation server.
I obviously need to get the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta if I have to translate that game too
So, I've sent my application as a translator. Will I get the key if it's successful? Or it's limited?

doMahng wrote:

I've been playing CS 1.6 competitively for a while now and I'm wondering if any of you guys still play 1.6 and scrim too.
I play mixes on http://www.gather-network.eu/ (profile) and occasional mixes with friends
foulcoon

KinomiCandy wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

First... how?
SPOILER
SPOILER
Minimal Steam UI by TTK-Bandit.
guns are a universal language

as is dota :D
Azure_Kite
Saving Valve some time here.

Remco32
I still have an invite left. I want to trade it against something. Torchlight 2 would be really cool, but any offer would be appreciated.
laport
Bought this, it's cheap and should be good
Nharox
Is anyone going to play tomorrow? I bought it because of Valve. Maybe we can get a group of 5 together. :)
Mara
Let me join in that group.
laport

LunaticMara wrote:

Let me join in that group.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Can you guys move to NA then? TY ^_^
Mara
Nope. ^_^
Remco32
It's good to see that they improved the game over the last time I played the beta. But it still isn't just enough to convince me to buy it. I'll probably get it in a sale, or in a weak moment because of Valve
Mara
I think we can count FisHie in as well.

That makes;

me
laport
Nharox
FisHie
???
Remco32

LunaticMara wrote:

That makes;

me
laport
Nharox
FisHie
???
Someone gift it to me and I'm in :D
Azure_Kite
I really like the 44 gallon drums that are clearly filled with cement, as well as the cinderblocks that are literally glued to the roadside.
Gabi

LunaticMara wrote:

That makes;

me
laport
Nharox
FisHie
???
I could probably join in on that
laport

Remco32 wrote:

It's good to see that they improved the game over the last time I played the beta. But it still isn't just enough to convince me to buy it. I'll probably get it in a sale, or in a weak moment because of Valve
pre-purchase = sale

Gabi wrote:

LunaticMara wrote:

That makes;

me
laport
Nharox
FisHie
???
I could probably not join in on that, unless I bake a special swedish cake for them that sends them into swedish space
fix'd
Drakari_old
I was considering this when I heard that there was a TF2 bonus item for pre-purchasing it, but it's just a skin so I probably won't. Nothing wrong with Counter-Strike, but I don't need another shooter in the near future.
Gabi
fuck you guys i ain't baking no cake
laport

translation of Gabi's avatar wrote:

fuck you guys i ain't baking no cake
oh come on,

please?
show more