forum

[Archived] 1 Frame Delay when Song Starts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy
Problem Details:

When osu! starts playing a song, a 1 frame delay can be noticed across all game modes. This is particularly a problem with beatmaps that starts immediately at the beginning.

This isn't a problem from the beatmap, it happens across every song. Most notably when beatmaps starts immediately with the song. In this case, I recorded this by playing toby fox - Snowdin Town.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6z_yyRj1Oo

(Sorry if there's no sound on the slower version, I'm a video editing newbie and couldn't figure out how to do with video sync).
Note: This isn't a problem from the recorder (OBS Studio), this happens in real time without the application recording the game.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Few other details:

osu! is running on Windows 7 64-bits. The skin being used doesn't use the new .ini, however, I've tested on the Default one and the problem still persists. Something I'd like to note that I've noticed this issue since 2010, but I thought it was something related to my pc being old on that time.

Although I'm not really sure, I think I remember this issue also on my laptop (good for osu but not as powerful as the desktop I used for recording). I did copy and paste osu without installing when I migrated to the other computer, I think.

And... I have osu installed since somewhere 2008, never uninstalled before. On 2017, I got the new installer because the Updater was incredibly old and couldn't update. I did not uninstall and simply installed on the same folder (the installer detected the original location). Not sure if this information would be worth noting.

Although, I think the game runs 60FPS all the time, except the 1 frame delay at the start of the song. I could try reinstalling I suppose, although I have lots of old stuff that I'll need to backup up it first.

Thanks. I tried search the forums to see if someone else already reported this, but I was finding other delay issues instead.

osu! version: 20170616.1 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
Check to see if your universal offset is anything but 0
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Check to see if your universal offset is anything but 0
Hi, thanks for your reply.

My Universal Offset is set at 0ms. However, the problem still persists. Thanks for the suggestion though.

(I've made a repost because I wasn't clear if the suggestion was working or not).
chvnnky
Can confirm you're not the only one. Had this problem for years now.
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

chvnnky wrote:

Can confirm you're not the only one. Had this problem for years now.
It's somewhat good to know that more people has the same problem, but it sucks at the same time.

I tested the osu!lazer build and it seems this problem doesn't exist, mostly likely due to a new engine that the build has built in.