forum

[Archived] osu! on windowsXP dont work after last update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kaleki21
Problem Details:
I cant update osu! since last few weeks, it says that my internet connection is missing. Im using WinXP. I have done every steps i found on forum but still nothing, is there still any way to play osu! on winxp?

osu! version: 20160403.6
Venix
I think windows XP is not longer supported.
Lacrimosa
Try reinstalling with this installer. Please make sure to backup everything (except osu!.exe) from your osu! folder and then transfer the files to your freshly installed osu! folder.
gaming epic
Hmm, if you still haven't found a fix, then its simple. Upgrade to Windows 10, because, why would u use Windows XP in current year?
Venix

Nxshio wrote:

Hmm, if you still haven't found a fix, then its simple. Upgrade to Windows 10, because, why would u use Windows XP in current year?
I think that's not good answer. Not everyone can just install newer system.
nibs
The current osu! client requires .NET framework 4.5, which is impossible to get on XP. (No, there aren't any little tricks or anything to get it to install either). Reinstall osu! with the old installer (located on the download page) to install the fallback version instead (slightly older version of the game that doesn't get any updates, everything still works though)
Sagiri__Izumi

kaleki21 wrote:

Problem Details:
I cant update osu! since last few weeks, it says that my internet connection is missing. Im using WinXP. I have done every steps i found on forum but still nothing, is there still any way to play osu! on winxp?

osu! version: 20160403.6
hey uhm >///< install win 10 it works >o<