thnx for mod:

osu sucks

Kastellann

4n3c
Jesus Christ
Imp-sane mod

00:16:670 (6) - IMO this should be a new combo

00:23:470 (5,1,2,3) - these would feel smoother if they didn't overlap

00:34:870 (4,5,1,2,3,4) and 00:36:870 (6) - combos need to be redone here - triples should start with a new combo

00:57:070 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - split these up into new combos

01:25:270 (10,1,2) - again, recombo this part and make these jumps more evenly spaced

Fun map, mostly needs recombo'ing in a lot of places (I didn't point out all of them here just because there were too many) and some cleaning up. I'd suggest using more consistent patterns and spacings on your jumps to give the map better aesthetics.

Demon mods

00:16:670 (9) - lots of stuff like this in both maps. you should start a stream with a new combo. at the very least, don't have the new combo as the last note in the stream.

00:17:370 (1,1) - consider stacking each of these on top of the previous note - it's easier to read and flows better that way. maybe make the jumps a bit bigger to compensate.

00:33:270 (9,10) - this jump should be bigger since all the jumps around it are (space them consistently)

00:41:670 (3) - this isn't a huge deal, but the slider head feels a bit too far from the previous note

00:43:070 (9,10) - spacing consistency

00:45:670 (3,1) - feels awkward to stack these. consider putting another 1/4 note inbetween them or spacing them into jumps like the following notes.

00:57:670 (4,3,3) - consider lengthening these sliders to the blue ticks, like so https://gyazo.com/84fd0dc8bbae8e032b0a55d8e86ae51e

This map is pretty cool, combos definitely need to be fixed in a lot of places but other than that it flows pretty nicely and makes good use of the fast sliders to match the music. Nice job dude and good luck with your mapset :D
Topic Starter
Turquoise-

osu sucks wrote:

Imp-sane mod

00:16:670 (6) - IMO this should be a new combo The sounds they're on aren't quite important enough to warrant a NC

00:23:470 (5,1,2,3) - these would feel smoother if they didn't overlap Tried to fix

00:34:870 (4,5,1,2,3,4) and 00:36:870 (6) - combos need to be redone here - triples should start with a new combo I'm not sure D:
I don't think the triples need to be emphasised enough (i.e they aren't on downbeats) i'll need a second opinion for these NC mods :^/

00:57:070 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - split these up into new combos I thought they looked cool being all the same combo but this does look neater, fixed!

01:25:270 (10,1,2) - again, recombo this part and make these jumps more evenly spaced I don't want to NC on a red tick, and also 1-2 is more spaced than 10-1 because there's strong vocals on 1 and 2 but no vocals on 10

Fun map, mostly needs recombo'ing in a lot of places (I didn't point out all of them here just because there were too many) and some cleaning up. I'd suggest using more consistent patterns and spacings on your jumps to give the map better aesthetics. I will look into the comboing and this is still WIP so i'll probably find more things to clean up. I was going for a sort of different style with over emphasis and somewhat unconventional flow for patterns, but I will try to improve the aesthetics :)

Demon mods

00:16:670 (9) - lots of stuff like this in both maps. you should start a stream with a new combo. at the very least, don't have the new combo as the last note in the stream. My comboing is pretty inconsistent, I will admit, but I think that it's fine to have the last circle of the stream be a new combo,
especially if it needs as much emphasis as this.

00:17:370 (1,1) - consider stacking each of these on top of the previous note - it's easier to read and flows better that way. maybe make the jumps a bit bigger to compensate. I've done it this way because it gives the next double more emphasis (next double has stronger notes, and is therefore more spaced and has a wider angle) stacking them wouldn't really fit with what i'm going here :o

00:33:270 (9,10) - this jump should be bigger since all the jumps around it are (space them consistently) I made it this way because this is the point where the stretched vocal note (i.e the screaming) stops, so i reduced spacing to give it anti-emphasis(if thats a thing). The next note is spaced more to give this note more(?) emphasis

00:41:670 (3) - this isn't a huge deal, but the slider head feels a bit too far from the previous note This note needs a fair bit of emphasis,
so I'll keep it as is for now

00:43:070 (9,10) - spacing consistency Not sure what you mean :?

00:45:670 (3,1) - feels awkward to stack these. consider putting another 1/4 note inbetween them or spacing them into jumps like the following notes. I use this sort of stacking very often, so it would be more difficult to read if i changed it here.

00:57:670 (4,3,3) - consider lengthening these sliders to the blue ticks, like so https://gyazo.com/84fd0dc8bbae8e032b0a55d8e86ae51e Thanks for the suggestion :D (pls do not use gyazo)

This map is pretty cool, combos definitely need to be fixed in a lot of places but other than that it flows pretty nicely and makes good use of the fast sliders to match the music. Nice job dude and good luck with your mapset :D Thank you :D
I appreciate the mod a bunch! Sorry if it seems like I'm not listening to you, but I hope I explained my points well :?
Kastellan
just a couple things

imp-sane

00:44:270 (1,1,2,1,1,2,1) - there's equal spacing on these notes even though they aren't evenly spaced on the timeline. players are going to read this wrong

demon

00:17:070 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - again equal spacing on these notes will throw off players. this is really confusing the way its arranged now

overall

i like both maps, but they don't really stand out from each other either considering how close they are in difficulty. IMO you should make demon harder or just combine both maps
Topic Starter
Turquoise-

Kastellann wrote:

just a couple things

imp-sane

00:44:270 (1,1,2,1,1,2,1) - there's equal spacing on these notes even though they aren't evenly spaced on the timeline. players are going to read this wrong

demon

00:17:070 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - again equal spacing on these notes will throw off players. this is really confusing the way its arranged now

For both cases, I feel like both the context of the song/map and the comboing help readability. For the Imp-sane one, it's the only sort of jumps that are entirely linear, so players would recognise that something is different. If someone else seems to have a problem with these, I will change them.

overall

i like both maps, but they don't really stand out from each other either considering how close they are in difficulty. IMO you should make demon harder or just combine both maps
They're close in difficulty, but they are ENTIRELYdifferent maps. Imp-sane has very widely spaced jumps with overemphasis, and has very low spacing stacks and streams, and very low SV. Demon has relatively low spacing for the jumps(except for near the end) but has high SV and very high spacing for its streams.
I appreciate the mod :) But both things you pointed out seem to be a matter of opinion, so I'd like a few more opinions on them before I consider altering them.
quila
this is my first mod. i hope it is not a waste of your time.

[Demon]
General - some red ticks should be removed before rank.

00:02:170 (2) - this could be represented better when compared to the impact you gave the same sound on 00:02:470 (5). personally, i'd either tone down the intro and make this a circle, or change 00:02:270 (3,4) - into a single slider. also, consider a slight increase in spacing between 00:01:970 (1,2)

00:16:970 (12,1,2) - if you want the player to snap here you should use a sharper angle between (12), (1), and (2). as it stands, this jump is considerably harder than the one onto 00:17:770 (2). other than that these jumps feel great.

00:26:470 (6) - this feels overspaced, but you don't have to fix it.

00:39:470 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - i disagree with a linear decrease like this. this spacing will be fine if you scale the angles as well.

00:47:770 (2) - this is so subtle it feels odd to click during gameplay.

00:59:670 (4,5,1,2,3) - going from no movement to movement on (2) emphasizes this in a way that most likely goes against your intentions. you could try increasing spacing between (2) and (1)

01:08:670 (2,3) - blanket is off; i do not comment on blankets.

01:14:170 - consider giving this more impact.

01:16:070 (6,1) - this... may not be proper, but i don't have the experience to say for sure, especially in regards to the impact added by a new combo.

01:18:770 (8) - this is a very weak sound. changing this to a slider end would allow you to put more impact on 01:18:870 (1) -

01:20:570 (2) - you change flow directions here, which is fine in a vacuum, but is inconsistent with how you represent the same drums in the rest of the map.
Topic Starter
Turquoise-

4n3c wrote:

this is my first mod. i hope it is not a waste of your time. Never a waste of time if you're trying to help :)

[Demon]
General - some red ticks should be removed before rank. Two problems with this. (1) I just copied this timing from another mapset so idk how to fix, and (2) it will never be ranked so idc xd

00:02:170 (2) - this could be represented better when compared to the impact you gave the same sound on 00:02:470 (5). personally, i'd either tone down the intro and make this a circle, or change 00:02:270 (3,4) - into a single slider. also, consider a slight increase in spacing between 00:01:970 (1,2) I increased the spacing between 00:01:970 (1,2) - slightly (no longer stacked), but I kept the rest the same because that's how I believe it should be mapped (both 3 and 4 deserve to be clickable sounds)

00:16:970 (12,1,2) - if you want the player to snap here you should use a sharper angle between (12), (1), and (2). as it stands, this jump is considerably harder than the one onto 00:17:770 (2). other than that these jumps feel great. The angle is somewhat wider than normal because i think that it is a stronger sound than 00:17:370 (1,2) - . That's also why 00:17:670 (1,2) - is wider (even wider than the first jumps)

00:26:470 (6) - this feels overspaced, but you don't have to fix it. Perhaps, but it ends up giving more emphasis to 00:26:670 (7) - , which is what I want. It does look a bit overspaced but it fits the pattern, for now. I'll probably ask for a second opinion on this.

00:39:470 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - i disagree with a linear decrease like this. this spacing will be fine if you scale the angles as well. Alright,
changed them :)

00:47:770 (2) - this is so subtle it feels odd to click during gameplay. Perhaps, but in terms of rhythm and the context of the song, this sound should be clickable. it follows the pattern set beforehand as well(and i also like the slidershape). I'll keep it as is for now

00:59:670 (4,5,1,2,3) - going from no movement to movement on (2) emphasizes this in a way that most likely goes against your intentions. you could try increasing spacing between (2) and (1) Yeah, I fixed this by increasing spacing between 5 and 1 instead :> Might be a bit odd to play tho...

01:08:670 (2,3) - blanket is off; i do not comment on blankets. nice catch

01:14:170 - consider giving this more impact. Turned that pattern into a triple instead

01:16:070 (6,1) - this... may not be proper, but i don't have the experience to say for sure, especially in regards to the impact added by a new combo. I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I reduced the spacing xd

01:18:770 (8) - this is a very weak sound. changing this to a slider end would allow you to put more impact on 01:18:870 (1) - I prefer the pattern as is, since it gives the pattern as a whole more difficulty, which is what I wanted. I think having 8 be so low spacing and 1 be a new combo followed by large spacing gives it enough emphasis

01:20:570 (2) - you change flow directions here, which is fine in a vacuum, but is inconsistent with how you represent the same drums in the rest of the map.Gonna be honest, not entirely sure what you mean here. The sound itself is a very strong one, so changing flow gives it emphasis, and in other places where I use this kind of pattern, the flow varies wildly. I'll keep this as is until either someone else mentions something or you elaborate.
Thank you for the in depth mod! Very well done for your first mod, you caught a lot of things I missed and brought up some interesting suggestions :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.