forum

R E A L T A L K (the state of this section)

posted
Total Posts
show more
RockRoller
Sure, some player might enjoy mixed skins, cause they kight be better than the original.
But this place isn't for sharing the best playable skin. This place is for sharing original skins. No matter if they are good playable or not.
If somebody want a good playable skin, he/she should download the most popular skins like yugen or from any top player.
A ranking for skins? I think we allready have it. The Views a post gets are more or less the ranking.
crystalsuicune
Y'know,at this point I kinda wish we could sage our posts,
that way we can remind them of the rules without bumping the thread.

Likewise,personally I think mixed skins are only okay if it's not being shared here.
If it's something like a personal skin then idgaf what you put on it,but things are different if you want to actually -share- the skin.
Liquorset
h3oCharles
also, who's maintaining osuskinner? what about getting more approvers for that site so it can evolve?

so when someone posts mixed skins how about directing them to make an account on osuskinner and upload all of the elements?
RockRoller

h3oCharles wrote:

also, who's maintaining osuskinner? what about getting more approvers for that site so it can evolve?

so when someone posts mixed skins how about directing them to make an account on osuskinner and upload all of the elements?
Essovius is the owner of the site.

Why let them upload everything? Its allready there..
h3oCharles
before the elements would be visible, they have to be approved before they would be visible, so...
-yuo-
Ahem cof cof

osu!lazer
osu!next
osu!themes browser seen on next.ppy.sh

Ranked / approved skins coming?

It's a good time to improve skinning publicity and credit, we don't get much in the news too

Still appreciate the efforts to reduce mixed skins though, good job
I have no ideas at the moment, but yeh just wanna put this out there

Maybe make a varification code to put into skin.ini?

>publicity, we need (I want) a skin page similar to most modern app stores nowdays, but this is a secondary matter.

I'm walking around outside my computer pls don't yell at me to fix my download links
h3oCharles
Skinning but it has approval system like Mapping does :thinking:

Honestly, I don't think that's going to work in the long run
-yuo-
i gawt an ideaa

ok ok so

when u post a skin, like normal, you can do whateva u want. mixed skin or not.

but there will be a 'poll' at the top. It's three options are

Original
Mixed
In Progress

If one option reaches 10 votes from the community:
original: stays up forever
Mixed: 24hrs till deletion for time to remove stolen elements, remove post altogether or gather permission
In Progress: the 'poll' will stay up but 'paused' untill a new update or finished.

come to think about it, does the 'in progress' tag even matter?

i would love to photoshop up a mockup but i'll see if i have time.
RockRoller
This idea sounds stupid for me.
A ranking system for skins would also mean that ranking criteria are needed. We have a completed skins subforum, thats enough.

The poll doesnt make sense for me. You say we could post what we want, but if 10people say it is a mixed skin it will get removed. I cant see how that would be useful.
Mixed skins are forbidden and will get removed. Original Skins are Skins in the subforum and WIP is everything that is in the forum. Thats how it is atm (howit would be if people would submit their skins) and it is god.
-yuo-
that's exactly the point, this helps remove extra skins, though this lightens the work of the mods.

an also, replace 'in progress' tag to 'completed' tag which moves it to completed skins after 10.
h3oCharles
bumping this so this ain't going to drown

and just so it's not that useless, starting from 2017-07-01 to the time of posting this... take a look at the wall of these links... this smells like Hydra heads for me... cut one off, two more grow... some of them are solved, some of them are not

AND PLEASE, DO NOT POST IN THESE

t/612502
t/612418
t/332072
t/612074
t/612573
t/612579
t/613642
t/612643
t/614226
t/614298
t/614266
t/614482
t/205453/start=15 "so many op dupes omg"
t/614709
t/614821
t/614966
p/6122164
p/6122713
t/615465
t/615283
t/614822

plz enjoy forum

these are all from a PM conversation between me and deadbeat. Also, thanks atturbo555 for finding some of them
atturbo555
So, yep. Now everyone can't see my reply on new mixed skin.
Because I'm lazy to reply it, Some skin I don't sure "that is mixed skin?", Everyone is tired of seeing my reply, And important I DON'T WANT TO GET MAD.
And thanks for h3oCharles for report mixed skin to deadbeat.

R.I.P.SKIN RULES
MIXED SKIN ARE COMEBACK AGAIN.
autoteleology
Why are we wasting time cutting heads off hydras, the only way to stop the problem is to make it impossible to not follow the rules to some degree, and minimize the impact to the forum where leeway is given to post unrestricted

I still think we wouldn't have this issue if we separated the forum into different subforums:

- a subforum queue for new skinning content where a new topic can be posted by anyone, and is then evaluated to be moved into the following subforum or be deleted, which would also give the benefit of highlighting up and coming content by virtue of only having a small amount of content inside it at once as completed/good stuff is moved out and bad stuff is being deleted

- a subforum for "completed skins" that meet the criteria for passing the above queue, that can only have new topics be made by mods/have threads from the above subforum moved into, but anyone can post inside threads

- a subforum for community voted "best of skinning", same posting rules as above - we can have monthly or so votes by the skinning community to highlight the best skins made by the community, gives everyone a goal to strive forward aside from the vague "get more popular"

- make the main forum for FAQs/questions/skin elements/random bullshit

Even if the above system is not perfect it is still way better than the current "throw everything into one giant box and let it fight for the single front page" system we have now
Geroyuni
Please, if someone's already posted about the skin being mixed, let the thread die - don't needlessly push it back to the top just to say the same thing.
h3oCharles
Philosofikal, are you ready to file a report somewhere? Issues or Help?
atturbo555
Now is big problem for mixed skin. Nowhere to post mixed skin. http://osuskins.info/ server is in the maintenance.
reddit it not good for some newbie. I can't do anythings for skinning forum. And big problem every newbie skinner is can read English.
But they are break rules. OK, What is going next on skinning forum?
autoteleology

h3oCharles wrote:

Why would I need to do that?
h3oCharles

Philosofikal wrote:

h3oCharles wrote:

Why would I need to do that?
dunno, just so other staff can notice it..?

Also, I might've been salty in that post
Lyawi
It will always happen, some people just don't read the rules at the beginning and that's okay. Just give them an explanation and the rule/s about it and everything should be done.

Writing this here now because some of you get really mad when people break the rules even if they don't know about it. You guys should chill a bit more and give them the things in a nice way.
MaximumTilt

h3oCharles wrote:

t/205453/start=15 "so many op dupes omg"
An interesting thing to notice here is that the people who did it only have one post.

Smells fishy.......
O2MasterFX
they think quote button is like button, or share them
Essovius
Hi, I am the creator and manager of osuskinner.com

I never said that to anyone "you could share these things on the forum". Unlike I told them "these skins are for only personal use, you don't have permission to share it on osu!forums". But people keep doing this, unfortunately I can not do anything to stop it. If you have any suggestion I'm ready to listen gladly.

I'm running this site alone. That's why doing things take a lot of time. I'm already working to add some new features like Saving & Listing skins made through osuskinner. Maybe it helps to share mixed skins in our site not on this forum.

I'm also working to make easier the approval phase (Here you can see). In this way everyone will be able to show and vote pending elements.

And other thing is "suggestion for element creator". This field is currently not working flawless. You can write what you want in this field. But If everyone can make suggestions in this field, I think they will work correctly.

Although my goal is helping non-skinners, I know that without skin creators this website can not help anyone. So I want to help skin creators If there is an issue with my site.

Thanks.

(Forgive me if there is a grammar mistake, English is not my natural language.)
crystalsuicune
I suppose the issue is that people can freely upload skin elements without the consent of the skinner,
and the skinner won't even know that their stuff is being stolen unless they check the site regularly.

Would it be possible to introduce some form of screening process?
Maybe when someone wants to submit a skin element to the gallery,they need to show proof that they got permission?
Or in the case of skinners uploading their own stuff,the psd file they used?

This will obviously slow the submitting process,but at least we can be more sure that anything being uploaded are done with
the skinner's approval.

But then I'm just spitballing here,feel free to suggest something else if this is too farfetched