forum

Need help deciding what tablet I should buy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NLC
Since my current one (Wacom Intuos) is broken i need a new one ive been thinking of buying the Wacom one (https://www.amazon.de/Wacom-One-Grafikt ... P8MDB652BP) or the XP PEN osu tablethttps://www.amazon.de/XP-Pen-Graf ... BAYMEMWSGZ. Does anyone have experience with one of the tablets (maybe even both) and could tell me why i should buy this one rather than the other one

Thanks for help and excuse the long links amazon doesnt like it short (;^])
Disillusionz
You'd get more responses if you post this in the Gameplay and Rankings forum, General Discussion is for non-osu related things.

I don't know anything about the Wacom One tablets, but I have a XP PEN G-430 which worked great while I was using it. It has a good hover distance (1mm), is relatively cheap, and works well. There are people that say it has some input lag, and I can't 100% say it doesn't, but I didn't have any noticeable input lag while I was using it. It's a great first tablet, but if you're coming from a Wacom Intuos you may find it to be a little lackluster. It's very light and definitely "feels" cheap, and if you put it on your desk without anything underneath it like a mouse pad, it will likely move around a bit while you are playing.

However, if you can manage to find a used CTL-480 online for around the same price as the newer Wacoms, I'd definitely recommend getting that. It has the best hover distance of all tablets (2mm) which is something I really appreciate, you may or may not. You can also program the buttons on it for quick commands (e.g. open osu, escape). It was worth it for me to upgrade to the 480 from the XP Pen. I would stay away from the 490 tablets just because they don't seem to have nearly as good reviews as previous generations. And they also have an extremely short hover distance (.5mm) which to me personally would be unusable. Some people might drag and not care, so it's a personal thing.
Topic Starter
NLC
Thank you for the response but I cant find the CTL 480 anywhere in German online shops and buying them from US or UK sites costs more than I can spend (100€). I guess I will have to look further or maybe some unknown cheap tablets which claim to be good for osu!.
roshan117
the xp-pen is great but the problem i have with it are the pens

I had the huion 420, and it seems like it uses the same pens as the xp-pen

the pens dont last very long, and they use either AA or AAA batteries (I dont really remember), but they break VERY fast. There are rechargeable pens you can buy, but the problem is that those break really easily too, and are very expensive (about 25 bucks)

I'd say get the wacom one, hopefully it doesnt have the hover input lag like the ctl 490 does

tldr; the xp-pen is fine, but you will end up spending more money than the wacom one costs because the xp-pen pens break very quickly
Disillusionz

roshan117 wrote:

the xp-pen is great but the problem i have with it are the pens
I had the huion 420, and it seems like it uses the same pens as the xp-pen
the pens dont last very long, and they use either AA or AAA batteries (I dont really remember), but they break VERY fast. There are rechargeable pens you can buy, but the problem is that those break really easily too, and are very expensive (about 25 bucks)
I'd say get the wacom one, hopefully it doesnt have the hover input lag like the ctl 490 does
tldr; the xp-pen is fine, but you will end up spending more money than the wacom one costs because the xp-pen pens break very quickly

The XP-Pen G430 does not use the same pen as the Huion, not sure what model you're talking about. The G430 Pen is light and doesn't need batteries. The Huion 420 pen is heavy and needs batteries. The nearly unanimous opinion is that the pen on the G430 is better. For what it's worth I used the G430 for around 5 months with no issues with the pen. But I agree that all Wacoms have much better build quality.
Akanagi

KAPPAYOUU wrote:

Thank you for the response but I cant find the CTL 480 anywhere in German online shops and buying them from US or UK sites costs more than I can spend (100€). I guess I will have to look further or maybe some unknown cheap tablets which claim to be good for osu!.

I can find 3 CTL / CTH - 480 on (German) ebay for around 40-50 bucks each. You just have to look hard enough.
gaming epic
Gaomon S56K if you want it really cheap. Although if you're not used to a (more) heavy pen, i wouldn't recommend this one.