forum

BTS - Interlude : Wings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Venellys
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 2:56:05 PM

Artist: BTS
Title: Interlude : Wings
Tags: K-pop Kpop BigHit Entertainment 빅히트엔터테인먼트 Bangtan Boys Rap Monster Jungkook Suga Jimin J-Hope V Jin 랩몬스터 진 슈가 제이홉 지민 뷔 정국 Wings Trilogy Cerulean Veyron
BPM: 125
Filesize: 5369kb
Play Time: 02:18
Difficulties Available:
  1. Cerulean Veyron : Wings (2.82 stars, 312 notes)
  2. Easy (1.13 stars, 117 notes)
  3. Normal (1.7 stars, 208 notes)
Download: BTS - Interlude : Wings
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Easy & Normal by me
Wings (Hard) : Cerulean Veyron
Hitsounds : Xiaolin
Cerulean Veyron
Topic Starter
Venellys

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

oh my jibooty that gave me goosebumps, nice math

gg cv lol
Maxylan
NM From my "Modding Madness!" queue!
This has got potential! even though it is repetetive (so much so I couldn't even finnish my playtests lol) your rhythm isn't all that bad on parts and CS while I would advice to increase it because it's only a hard difficulty, for me CS made it more fun, overall I'd say this map just needs a complete visual overhaul.
[]

tiev
00:17:397 (1) - Slider END here which is a passive note shuldn't emphasise the big sound, on the contrary you have the exact same slider here 00:17:877 (2) - which does it right.
00:21:237 (1) - Again, but I will not mention it more than this, infact repeated mistakes i will only mention once and you'll have to look through the diff yourself to avoid me writing big wall of text nazi mods =p
00:31:317 (1,2,3) - It's this style of mapping that holds this beatmap back, in all honesty it works in the beggining, but it's used throughout the ENTIRE beatmap which makes it feel like it has no structure at all, visually unappealing due to small overlaps instead of stacks, flow is non-existant because it just feels like your cursor is following a highway and because this is a pattern used EVERYWHERE it's one of if not the most booing beatmap to play haha
00:53:877 (1) - You should never follow vocals at the expense of missing other important sounds to emphasise like for example 00:54:117 -

You know what, I keep looking through this and more and more I realize you'd benefit more from a written mod than me just pointing out flaws lol
You need to practice visuals and aesthetics, as well as anylyze the song deeper and more closely to figure out what rhythm choices you should have so that you don't start sliders on weak sounds and end them on strong sounds or just simply what kindof instrument in the song you should prioritize. I love the song, this is top-down one of the best songs I've been asked to mod and I can relate to this, because the first beatmap I ever made was also a rap song, it was from machine gun kelly and that whole experience made me realize that the reason that there isn't alot of beatmaps ranked out there that are rap songs, is because following the vocals in a rap song is very impracticall not to mention hard visually and aesthetically, and can lead to either an un-readable mess unless you really know what you're doing, or something stale and repetetive like this beatmap that just follows the same pattern of overlaps over, and over, and over, and over again, for the express purpose of not putting too much strain on the player yet capturing the vocals despite the short time gap the vocals have.

In the future, while you practice basics such as object placements with distance emphasis and angles, and aestheticall elements such as flow and rhythm, you should pick an easier song, that's really all I can say, however, this is a song I'd definetly want to see ranked, so make sure you visit it again in the future!
[]
Cerulean Veyron
Since the mod presumably talks about one issue, which is the overemphasis, I'll keep the respond in one clean post. I probably only changed a few of them of course, because the rest of those minor beats aren't very dense enough to either be clickable or audible. So it should end up being landed with slider tails, or maybe left empty. Actually, I wouldn't call that a "mistake" other than "issue" ;p But hey, thanks for looking over my difficulty.

update, dont forget to give the mod kds https://puu.sh/xrTQH/8a3669bf64.rar
Maxylan

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

Since the mod presumably talks about one issue, which is the overemphasis, I'll keep the respond in one clean post. I probably only changed a few of them of course, because the rest of those minor beats aren't very dense enough to either be clickable or audible. So it should end up being landed with slider tails, or maybe left empty. Actually, I wouldn't call that a "mistake" other than "issue" ;p But hey, thanks for looking over my difficulty.

update, dont forget to give the mod kds https://puu.sh/xrTQH/8a3669bf64.rar

No kds, but yeah no it's not just the overemphasis*. Technically they are "overlapping" but the premise of every single slider head and end being stuck together like this is just in it's entirety, flawed visually. It's fine to a certain degree, as you can tell alot of ranked maps use this, but not a single ranked map is built around almost every single slider being connected, at some point you got to draw the line =p
Not only would you make a more compelling/interesting/less repetetive beatmap if you'd add distance and distance emphasis, but it'd also do wonders towards aesthetics. That's at least a place to start ^^

After that comes rhythm choices, like I touched on in my mod that sliders should start on strong sounds and end on sounds of equal or relatively less strength but not only that, either parts are over/undermapped because the sliders at times skips over points of emphasis.

Hope you found my clarification about what I actually meant helpful! (and no i will not re-download the map to check if you've re-mapped the entire thing lol, but if you did I'm proud of ya)
Kaitjuh
M4M from CV's queue

00:41:637 - voicecrack lul

Easy

1. 00:44:277 (3) - I would suggest mapping 00:45:237 - because its pretty significant. Alternatively you could maybe make the slider like this. That way the drum is pseudo mapped on the sliderball direction change.
  2. 00:48:117 (3) - what is this mapped on exactly? if youre following vocals you'd be better off doing the same as 00:46:197 (1,2) - or a slight variation like 1/1 repeat + circle.
  3. 00:55:317 (2) - DS
  4. 01:12:117 (4,1) - looks kinda sloppy when not blanketed, if you're worried about overlapping 01:10:197 (2) - , it's long gone by the time 01:13:077 (1) - appears so it should be fine.
  5. 01:20:757 (1,2) - is also pretty undermapped for little to no reason imo it's in a section that's consistently 1/1. Again, I would suggest mapping those.
  6. 01:43:317 - ignored beat, should be enough time to react to the next spinner still.
  7. All in all, this diff seems more like a Beginner diff than an Easy to me. If you want this to be an Easy I recommend increasing the Slider Velocity from 0,80 to something like 1,0 and mapping more 1/1 beats you skipped.

Normal

1. CS4 seems a bit too small for Normal diffs. Consider CS3,5 or something bigger than CS4 at least xd
  2. 00:53:877 (1) - blanket is off
  3. 01:08:277 (6) - maybe divide in two 1/2 sliders since theres a pretty significant sound on a passive beat right now (sliderend) and a beat you ignored on 01:08:997 - which would be nicely covered by a sliderend.
  4. 01:15:957 (7) - I think mapping it like this is more appropriate to cover the necessary sounds since there are 3/4 sounds in the background.
  5. 01:23:637 (5,1) - another blanket thats a little off

CV

1. 00:17:397 (1) - Might be structurally better if notes like these 00:17:637 - were clickable too since you mapped all notes on an active beat except those ones
  2. 01:01:557 (1) - maybe place the slider a bit more downward so it looks a little neater.
  3. 01:17:877 (2,3) - blaknet xdd
  4. 01:27:477 (2) - maybe curve the tail a bit so it can "blanket" 01:26:517 (1) -
  5. 01:55:077 (7,1,2) - the linear flow here doesnt really emphasize 01:55:557 (2) - nicely imo. Maybe try placing 01:55:317 (1) - somewhere else, I would suggest a sharper angle between 01:55:317 (1,2) - .
M4M map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/658209

Good Luck o/
Cerulean Veyron

Kaitjuh wrote:

00:41:637 - voicecrack lul nice find xd

CV

1. 00:17:397 (1) - Might be structurally better if notes like these 00:17:637 - were clickable too since you mapped all notes on an active beat except those ones wha-... I already fixed that from the previous mod and replaced those sliders into circles ._.'' afu
  2. 01:01:557 (1) - maybe place the slider a bit more downward so it looks a little neater. Most likely not neat. I mean, you could see the slider curve (if stayed the same way) isn't flowing directly to the next notes, which probably looked a bit awkward or just cramped up at some point. I might keep this for visuals though.
  3. 01:17:877 (2,3) - blaknet xdd no
  4. 01:27:477 (2) - maybe curve the tail a bit so it can "blanket" 01:26:517 (1) - still no >8( blankets are discouraged
  5. 01:55:077 (7,1,2) - the linear flow here doesnt really emphasize 01:55:557 (2) - nicely imo. Maybe try placing 01:55:317 (1) - somewhere else, I would suggest a sharper angle between 01:55:317 (1,2) - . fine, gonna change a few placements of the two circles then.
M4M map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/658209
Will look over your map anytime soon hopefully~ thanks for looking over my gd

@ven, aren't you updating my diff? xd
if you have time, make sure to give kds and UPDATE this time https://puu.sh/xyyOB/d6b97b85b8.rar
Topic Starter
Venellys

Kaitjuh wrote:

M4M from CV's queue

00:41:637 - voicecrack lul XDDD

Easy

1. 00:44:277 (3) - I would suggest mapping 00:45:237 - because its pretty significant. Alternatively you could maybe make the slider like this. That way the drum is pseudo mapped on the sliderball direction change. ~ Ok i tried to make a different shape of slider
  2. 00:48:117 (3) - what is this mapped on exactly? if youre following vocals you'd be better off doing the same as 00:46:197 (1,2) - or a slight variation like 1/1 repeat + circle. ~ Im not following vocals here like... only half of it maybe? i also want to keep it to avoid long chain of clicking object every beat
  3. 00:55:317 (2) - DS ~ fixed!
  4. 01:12:117 (4,1) - looks kinda sloppy when not blanketed, if you're worried about overlapping 01:10:197 (2) - , it's long gone by the time 01:13:077 (1) - appears so it should be fine. ~ ok!
  5. 01:20:757 (1,2) - is also pretty undermapped for little to no reason imo it's in a section that's consistently 1/1. Again, I would suggest mapping those. ~
    also the same thing before
  6. 01:43:317 - ignored beat, should be enough time to react to the next spinner still. ~ ok added a note
  7. All in all, this diff seems more like a Beginner diff than an Easy to me. If you want this to be an Easy I recommend increasing the Slider Velocity from 0,80 to something like 1,0 and mapping more 1/1 beats you skipped. ~ mmh i will think about it if i can map the easy diff a bit dense

Normal

1. CS4 seems a bit too small for Normal diffs. Consider CS3,5 or something bigger than CS4 at least xd ~ I change cs to 3,5 lol i hope its ok
  2. 00:53:877 (1) - blanket is off ~ ohh fixed!
  3. 01:08:277 (6) - maybe divide in two 1/2 sliders since theres a pretty significant sound on a passive beat right now (sliderend) and a beat you ignored on 01:08:997 - which would be nicely covered by a sliderend. ~ i replaced it to two sliders
  4. 01:15:957 (7) - I think mapping it like this is more appropriate to cover the necessary sounds since there are 3/4 sounds in the background. ~ I dont usually use a lot of 1/4 or extended sliders in normal diffs, but i made it almost the same as before
  5. 01:23:637 (5,1) - another blanket thats a little off ~ fixed!
Good Luck o/
Thanks you for modding my map^^ most of them were helpful~

cv I UPDATED YOUR DIFF THIS TIME OKY LMAO
FiddleBlue
Hi from queue.

Symbol I'll use: "*" Can be applied to other similar problem in the difficulty. (lazy to point out similar stuff :P)

General
  1. Combo colours don't really suit each other. They don't really look appealing and the luminosity is weird. The brown feels out of place as it's the only one that has a low luminosity. You can search for "colour palette" on google if you find it hard.
Easy
  1. 00:48:117 (3) - the sound here is the same as 00:46:197 (1,2) - , so they should be equally emphasized instead of one being lesser than the other. You could make them two 1/2 sliders or, if you want some variety, a repeating 1/2 slider and a circle.*
  2. 01:20:757 (1,2) - Same as above. The two measures before emphasizes the clapping without relying on the slider ticks, while here do. It's better if what you're emphasizing is equal, or almost same, in intensity to indicate that they are the same/similar.*
Normal
  1. 00:16:437 (2) - I feel like the piano you're following in in 1/6 snapping instead. The hitsound on 00:16:797 - sounds late while in 1/6 on 00:16:757 - seems to be the right one.
  2. 00:37:317 (5,7) - I think it'll be better if you delete these as the sound is barely noticeable and to separate 00:36:597 (4,5,6,7) - from 00:38:517 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - .
  3. 00:47:157 (3) - Making this a repeating 1/2 slider instead would suit this part more. Right now it looks as if 00:46:197 (1,3) - are the same, but 00:47:157 (3) - has a sound on the red tick while the previous one isn't. So making them a bit different would be good.*
  4. 01:18:597 (3) - I find it weird that there's a circle here while other parts that have the same sound isn't (01:17:637 - ,01:19:557 - ,01:20:517 - ,etc.). The vocals start at 1/4 instead of the red tick like some. Personally, I think it's better if you stay consistent on what you're following and ignoring so this circle should be deleted.*
  5. 02:04:677 (3,6) - I think it's better if you delete these and add circles on 02:03:717 - and 02:05:637 - . These both have a vocal in it, so it's weird that you emphasize a weaker sound when they aren't.*
Cerulean Veyron : Wings
  1. The difficulty name is a bit lacking. Like it's just the same thing as the title except the word(s) before the colon. Personally, it'll be nice if the difficulty name is more creative. You don't have to agree to this. Lol
  2. 00:14:997 (1,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - The rhythm here is really hard to follow. Sometimes you follow the piano and ignore the claps (ex. 00:16:797 (4) - ), and sometimes the other way around (ex. 00:25:077 (1,2,3,4,5) - ). Since the music on this part is repeated 4 times (including where the spinner is) rhythm should be consistent on what it's following. Players might think that you're following the piano with 00:15:477 (1,2,3,4,5) - as you ignore the clap on 00:16:917 - , but then 00:17:397 (1) - appears which is a clap without any piano sounds. After that, you follow the piano and ignore the claps, and the whole cycle starts again. It would be better if the sounds you're following is consistent as it'll help players understand what they're following. Don't add exceptions to sounds that aren't more intense or calmer.
  3. Also the piano seems to be playing on 1/6 snappings than 1/4. The hitsounds on 00:16:797 - sounds delayed to the piano, while 1/6 sounds more accurate.
  4. 00:26:997 (1) - I find this spinner a sign of laziness tbh. The first measure has the exact same sounds as the previous one, but instead, it's simplified by a spinner rather than circles and sliders. The spinner is understandable if it starts on 00:28:917 - as there's a particular "whoosh" sound, but it isn't. I don't really find anything that supports a spinner on the first measure, the rhythm sounds similar to before so they should be emphasized equally.
  5. 02:18:357 (1) - Circle alone here feels anti-climatic as there's still the held vocal being played. So how about a spinner that ends on 02:19:557 - with a 5% volume? Anyway, the rest of the map seems ok to me.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Venellys
CV is currently busy and told me im free to change stuff on his diff, so i dont know if im doing it right lol

FiddleBlue wrote:

Hi from queue.

Symbol I'll use: "*" Can be applied to other similar problem in the difficulty. (lazy to point out similar stuff :P)

General
  1. Combo colours don't really suit each other. They don't really look appealing and the luminosity is weird. The brown feels out of place as it's the only one that has a low luminosity. You can search for "colour palette" on google if you find it hard. ~ I adjusted the dark red color above +50 lumi, i hope its a little brighter like the rest of the combo colors.

Easy
  1. 00:48:117 (3) - the sound here is the same as 00:46:197 (1,2) - , so they should be equally emphasized instead of one being lesser than the other. You could make them two 1/2 sliders or, if you want some variety, a repeating 1/2 slider and a circle.* ~ I would try to use 1/2 slider and a circle for variation here and the others for consistency. ok
  2. 01:20:757 (1,2) - Same as above. The two measures before emphasizes the clapping without relying on the slider ticks, while here do. It's better if what you're emphasizing is equal, or almost same, in intensity to indicate that they are the same/similar.* ~ Because of the vocals mainstream, it can be hard to map it out. even with slider and circle, it would still stay the same emphasis. and its an easy diff no? id like to keep it for the notes less dense.

Normal
  1. 00:16:437 (2) - I feel like the piano you're following in in 1/6 snapping instead. The hitsound on 00:16:797 - sounds late while in 1/6 on 00:16:757 - seems to be the right one. ~ To me its actually on the blue tick, if you hear it in a slower playback rate. the piano doesnt sound very complex in the song imo so i would keep it
  2. 00:37:317 (5,7) - I think it'll be better if you delete these as the sound is barely noticeable and to separate 00:36:597 (4,5,6,7) - from 00:38:517 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - . ~ i would not delete circle 7 because there is vocals that landed there. but for circle 5, maybe i can reconsider.
  3. 00:47:157 (3) - Making this a repeating 1/2 slider instead would suit this part more. Right now it looks as if 00:46:197 (1,3) - are the same, but 00:47:157 (3) - has a sound on the red tick while the previous one isn't. So making them a bit different would be good.* ~ isnt it already different? i did not do this only for following or emphasizing the vocals. i might keep it because some sounds of the vocals arent intense enough or even landed in something so i could map it. right now its just increasing the note density too much.
  4. 01:18:597 (3) - I find it weird that there's a circle here while other parts that have the same sound isn't (01:17:637 - ,01:19:557 - ,01:20:517 - ,etc.). The vocals start at 1/4 instead of the red tick like some. Personally, I think it's better if you stay consistent on what you're following and ignoring so this circle should be deleted.* ~ ok, i deleted some and added on other parts. its not likely consistent because the vocal varies the rhythm a lot, but i did it anyways.
  5. 02:04:677 (3,6) - I think it's better if you delete these and add circles on 02:03:717 - and 02:05:637 - . These both have a vocal in it, so it's weird that you emphasize a weaker sound when they aren't.* ~ Also the same reason for adding more circles just for vocals or something ._.

Cerulean Veyron : Wings
  1. The difficulty name is a bit lacking. Like it's just the same thing as the title except the word(s) before the colon. Personally, it'll be nice if the difficulty name is more creative. You don't have to agree to this. Lol ~ Top notch creative diffname is also not necessary, as long as its the hardest diff and have a custom name relatable to the song, its ok XD
  2. 00:14:997 (1,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - The rhythm here is really hard to follow. Sometimes you follow the piano and ignore the claps (ex. 00:16:797 (4) - ), and sometimes the other way around (ex. 00:25:077 (1,2,3,4,5) - ). Since the music on this part is repeated 4 times (including where the spinner is) rhythm should be consistent on what it's following. Players might think that you're following the piano with 00:15:477 (1,2,3,4,5) - as you ignore the clap on 00:16:917 - , but then 00:17:397 (1) - appears which is a clap without any piano sounds. After that, you follow the piano and ignore the claps, and the whole cycle starts again. It would be better if the sounds you're following is consistent as it'll help players understand what they're following. Don't add exceptions to sounds that aren't more intense or calmer.
  3. Also the piano seems to be playing on 1/6 snappings than 1/4. The hitsounds on 00:16:797 - sounds delayed to the piano, while 1/6 sounds more accurate.
  4. 00:26:997 (1) - I find this spinner a sign of laziness tbh. The first measure has the exact same sounds as the previous one, but instead, it's simplified by a spinner rather than circles and sliders. The spinner is understandable if it starts on 00:28:917 - as there's a particular "whoosh" sound, but it isn't. I don't really find anything that supports a spinner on the first measure, the rhythm sounds similar to before so they should be emphasized equally. ~ The spinner is indeed mapped on the sound of the chord/ride, and also not to keep mainstreaming one thing than just the exact sound. because i also feel that it can be repetitive while playing the same thing again and again. so i will keep the spinner for cv, and map the first few beats where there isnt that ride sound for the spinner.
  5. 02:18:357 (1) - Circle alone here feels anti-climatic as there's still the held vocal being played. So how about a spinner that ends on 02:19:557 - with a 5% volume? Anyway, the rest of the map seems ok to me. ~ I dont really think a short spinner would be good here, the vocals doesnt sound like it can be mapped with 5% volume notes either. at least the downbeat is mapped out with a circle, its not that bad after all.
Good luck!
I will leave the rhythm thing for cv, because i actually find it good enough with following the piano and other sounds in the music. but i srsly dont want to mess with it at all. so when he comes back, he will handle it~

thanks for the useful mod btw ^^
DeletedUser_10209520
Hello!

From my queue.

Easy
Looks fine to me!

Normal
00:07:797 (3,4) - Replace sliders with a repeat slider, since the note is held even when the player isn't holding any notes.

Wings
00:25:077 (1) - Potentially overmapped? There's no note in the song corresponding with where this slider starts, and I thought this note was going to hit much later when I first played through the song.

00:27:957 (1) - Whoosh sound doesn't really become noticable until two white ticks later - maybe move slider to there?
Topic Starter
Venellys

SuperCSGO wrote:

Hello!

From my queue.

Easy
Looks fine to me! ~ uwu

Normal
00:07:797 (3,4) - Replace sliders with a repeat slider, since the note is held even when the player isn't holding any notes. ~ I dont really think skipping some good sounds like the clear vocal is a good idea. repeat sliders wont actually fit here too

Wings
00:25:077 (1) - Potentially overmapped? There's no note in the song corresponding with where this slider starts, and I thought this note was going to hit much later when I first played through the song. ~ At least the slider is following the claps sound each beat in the song. so i think there are a lot of notes offered in the music so its possible that its not overmapped.

00:27:957 (1) - Whoosh sound doesn't really become noticable until two white ticks later - maybe move slider to there? ~ Maybe i screwed this up ;w; will try to find another way to fix
thanks for the mod ^^
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.