forum

Guilty Kiss - Shadow gate to love [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pentori
The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username.
Nitrous
bg reminds of chuunibyou tbh. grats on qualify
pishifat
as requested
Nao Tomori
this is a different situation than that rule is intended to prevent, which was stuff like just naming a diff "skystar" or "LKs" or "AHO" instead of an actual difficulty name. since kisses is related to the song, and would be fine if his name was anything else, it should be fine here too.
Monstrata
Can't tell if meme or serious. Diff name is fine.
Topic Starter
_handholding
ok fixed tags ~
pishifat
ギルティキス was added to tags
Topic Starter
_handholding
ty Pishi for allowing to do that quick fix and thank you both Kin, Nao, and Zero Wind for nominating my map. Of course this extends to modders that helped improve the set.

I would most of all like to thank Left, Karen, Nardo, and Dream117er ~ I couldn't have made this set without you guys!
iYiyo
idk what's happening here, but that diff name IS related to the mapper...

the idea to have a rule like that is to not break it. Now you can just say whatever you may think so you're "not breaking it". At the end it's just my "opinion" you can say.

it'd be totally different if you maybe use "Kiss" as diffname, similar to what kage do https://osu.ppy.sh/s/424295 with his naruto maps...

Ughh. I guess now i should change my nickname to something i can use as a diffname ... ¿?¿? what kind of other rule should we break now? why are you so flexible with users so they can easily break the rules? This really looks like a joke to me.
Nao Tomori
plz... read my explanation.. look at the intention of the rule vs the wording. we should follow the INTENTION not the wording
same thing as why SL0 is rankable
iYiyo
This is obviously a meme by using kisses as the diffname. Hes just making fun of the rule and u guys are supporting it. Its different if it uses some elements of his username, like "kiss" or 'kage" in the case of kagetsu.

And not because SL0 is ranked (dont know that map), its rankeable. That shouldnt be an argument.

Just reword the rule by supporting this kind of things, or you guys are just breaking it.
Foxy Grandpa
Hi! I have some issues with the last difficulty

• [Kisses]
  1. 00:36:281 (1) - What is this slider supposed to follow? It clearly doesn't follow the vocals since they end on 00:36:566 - and it goes right over the drum beat on 00:36:423 -
  2. 00:38:995 - I don't understand the NC spam in this entire section, 00:38:995 (1,1) - this is the same vocal sound but why are they NC'd? The SV change isn't high enough to warrant the spam for the entire section
  3. 00:56:709 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is so bad to look at and play, and it completely takes away from the building up sound that increases on 00:56:995 -
  4. 01:06:138 (1,2,3,4) - Literally no point in having these be sliders, I get the gimmick and what not but it plays so badly
  5. 01:14:423 (3) - Why, what is the point of having this A. Look so gross B. Not follow the vocals, the synth or anything and C. Have a slider so completely out of place with the rest of the map for a sound that doesn't even stand out that much
anna apple
Loved seeing this deviation from your normal approach :D

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Topic Starter
_handholding

FoxyGrandpa wrote:

Hi! I have some issues with the last difficulty

• [Kisses]
  1. 00:36:281 (1) - What is this slider supposed to follow? It clearly doesn't follow the vocals since they end on 00:36:566 - and it goes right over the drum beat on 00:36:423 - The first part follows the vocals. I extended the end to capture the more explosive sound of the object that comes after it. I also did it 00:27:138 (1) . I believe this to be a mre intuitive transition than just flat out following the vocals for the whole thing
  2. 00:38:995 - I don't understand the NC spam in this entire section, 00:38:995 (1,1) - this is the same vocal sound but why are they NC'd? The SV change isn't high enough to warrant the spam for the entire section This is part of a core aspect of the map. White = slow SV, Red = Medium SV,
    Purple = Fast SV, Turquoise = neutral or stand alone SV (or an NC pattern that would break the SV code). I built the map around that. I of course hadnt for the first part of the verse and outro because in the former there was a multiple of of SV changes which I believe would be better reflected in the current colour hax. As for the outro, there are no SV changes... so yeah ~

3. 00:56:709 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is so bad to look at and play, and it completely takes away from the building up sound that increases on 00:56:995 -It's not that bad though I might take into consideration what other ppl say about this since I originally had a longer stream (typical stream like wave) but removed it due a number of people combo breaking and I thought it would come off as more frustrating for a player to keep messing up what they would perceive to be an overly hard pattern.

4. 01:06:138 (1,2,3,4) - Literally no point in having these be sliders, I get the gimmick and what not but it plays so badly i don't see why it's overly bad to play at all. And there is a point to it, not only will it take away from the structure and concept of the map but because the rest of the map is built around OD 10 this stream would end up being so different from the rest of the map in terms of accuracy
  5. 01:14:423 (3) - Why, what is the point of having this A. Look so gross B. Not follow the vocals, the synth or anything and C. Have a slider so completely out of place with the rest of the map for a sound that doesn't even stand out that much I don't know what to say about it looking gross, to me it looks fairly clean. The prupose of this is to map that vibrato like wub sound. I dont know what else to say apart from listen more clearly
iYiyo
Seems like you guys dont want to pay attention to this issue and just let it pass. Therefore I'd like to address some other discussions on a fellow mapper's map who had the same issue with the custom diffname.

Sonnyc's argument: t/548782
Bakari's argument (+ MrSergio & Sonnyc reasons in the same page): p/5770488

After all this discussion, Hazu had to change the custom diffname. If you do this one time, you should stand firm with any new cases.

And I just want to say it again, reword the rule so you can make it a meme, otherwise you are breaking the rule, and that shouldn't be allowed in any case.
schoolboy
rly cool map, congrats!
Aeril
Plural

DreaM117er
sexy kisses :)

graz~~
Incomp
This map is pretty fun to play for the most part, but quickly goes downhill. At least, in my opinion.

[Kisses]
00:24:281 (2) - This slider passes through a sound that the next few sliders emphasize (the bubble pop sound). A little strange.
00:35:995 (2) - This slider passes right through a snare sound, which is really awkward. The vocal it follows seems to also end on that snare sound, so there's no point having the slider go through it.
00:36:281 (1) - Same from FoxyGrandpa's post. This slider is following nothing consistently.
00:56:709 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is just hideous to look at, and playing it isn't any better. Please consider revising this.
01:06:138 (1,2,3,4) - Consider making these look like actual sliders.
01:14:423 (3) - Not very pretty and I have no idea what it's emphasizing. Once again, please consider revising this.
pkhg
kisses already explained 00:36:281 (1) -
the rest doesnt rly matter 👀
Incomp

pkhg wrote:

kisses already explained 00:36:281 (1) -
the rest doesnt rly matter 👀
Why wouldn't the rest matter?
pishifat
as requested again
Topic Starter
_handholding
After many people had talked to me I decided to removed the sliderstreams, the sole reason for the DQ

Thank you Pishi

Incomp wrote:

This map is pretty fun to play for the most part, but quickly goes downhill. At least, in my opinion.

[Kisses]
00:24:281 (2) - This slider passes through a sound that the next few sliders emphasize (the bubble pop sound). A little strange. I'm following the vocals throughout the verse
00:35:995 (2) - This slider passes right through a snare sound, which is really awkward. The vocal it follows seems to also end on that snare sound, so there's no point having the slider go through it. ^ I'm primarily focusing on the vocals. Snare lands are a biproduct (lol)
00:36:281 (1) - Same from FoxyGrandpa's post. This slider is following nothing consistently. same with as foxy as pkhg said. I strongly believe this way is more intuitive and provides a a good transition into the instruments. If I had put a quick slider on the end then it would take away all other emphasis
00:56:709 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is just hideous to look at, and playing it isn't any better. Please consider revising this.
01:06:138 (1,2,3,4) - Consider making these look like actual sliders.
01:14:423 (3) - Not very pretty and I have no idea what it's emphasizing. Once again, please consider revising this. It's the wub like sound.
Honestly mapping this part any other way felt some what awkward with the way i structured the rest of the map so I opted for somethign simple and easy to follow. As for you not hearing what I'm following, sorry but the only thing I can say is listen more clearly /shrug
fixed the other 2 points. Thanks for taking a look ~
Kin
Taiko are still okay & seems like the issue on std is fixed
Monstrata

iYiyo wrote:

Seems like you guys dont want to pay attention to this issue and just let it pass. Therefore I'd like to address some other discussions on a fellow mapper's map who had the same issue with the custom diffname.

After all this discussion, Hazu had to change the custom diffname. If you do this one time, you should stand firm with any new cases.

And I just want to say it again, reword the rule so you can make it a meme, otherwise you are breaking the rule, and that shouldn't be allowed in any case.
Just replying since people don't seem to want to respond to it to give some closure. It's true that the highest diff is also the name of the mapper, but I think in this context, the difficulty name isn't being used to refer to the mapper, but to the noun. The purpose of the rule was to prevent mappers from having difficulty names that referred to themselves. I don't think the intention is being broken here.

The other argument is that "Kisses" is a common noun, and also one that fits well with this particular song. I think Shadowland's Shadowland was kind of pushing it a bit, because that noun isn't very common in English, and the name felt a bit forced given the context of the map, whereas this difficulty name feels very appropriate.

Will still mention it in RC sometime, though I'm pretty sure people are well aware of it now.
Topic Starter
_handholding
tried to do something with the std diffs nao instructed me to do
Nao Tomori
i gave a suggestion on the thread xd use mine!!
Kibbleru

Monstrata wrote:

iYiyo wrote:

Just replying since people don't seem to want to respond to it to give some closure. It's true that the highest diff is also the name of the mapper, but I think in this context, the difficulty name isn't being used to refer to the mapper, but to the noun. The purpose of the rule was to prevent mappers from having difficulty names that referred to themselves. I don't think the intention is being broken here.

The other argument is that "Kisses" is a common noun, and also one that fits well with this particular song. I think Shadowland's Shadowland was kind of pushing it a bit, because that noun isn't very common in English, and the name felt a bit forced given the context of the map, whereas this difficulty name feels very appropriate.

Will still mention it in RC sometime, though I'm pretty sure people are well aware of it now.

would you guys please just use some simple common sense for this stuff and not over complicate things?
the song is literally called guilty kiss, so kisses very possibly could be a diff name for it.
Aeril

Kibbleru wrote:

the song is literally called guilty kiss
ddddddddd *cough artist cough* dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Left
Just change username until rank, then ppl wont care xddddd
Topic Starter
_handholding

Left wrote:

Skylish
Sky(t)lish Oni

You should be glad that it is not happening in Taiko diff. naming :P
Monstrata
I was just explaining to iYiyo since everyone else seemed to just avoid the discussion lol.
Left

Kisses wrote:

Left wrote:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
iYiyo

Kibbleru wrote:

would you guys please just use some simple common sense for this stuff and not over complicate things?
the song is literally called guilty kiss, so kisses very possibly could be a diff name for it.
Simple common sense here would be to know this is a meme xd obviously it's related to the song, but whatever.

Thanks monstrata for taking your time and answer. It's just that rules should be clear with this, since we had cases where this was not allowed to occur.

Anyway, grats on quali