forum

Looking for osu tips

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sandy Hoey
Play more
Specifically, maps that you can get B and A on. This way you can improve your accuracy, get better at the basics, and eventually be able to focus on the skills you aren't great at. 83% acc isnt going to get you very far
Topic Starter
Headcrab

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Play more
Specifically, maps that you can get B and A on. This way you can improve your accuracy, get better at the basics, and eventually be able to focus on the skills you aren't great at. 83% acc isnt going to get you very far
I'm aware I'm far from enough, but the things I really struggle with, is maps that force you to do this " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d432cQoT-c "
I'm unable to explain what I mean, but that video shows pretty much my point. does not matter how slow or fast it is, It's impossible for me to nail those.
KupcaH
Read sticky threads.
To get good your need to play more. Cookiezi played 100x times more than you. Of course you won't be able to "nail" those.
Topic Starter
Headcrab

KupcaH wrote:

Read sticky threads.
To get good your need to play more. Cookiezi played 100x times more than you. Of course you won't be able to "nail" those.

"Nailing those, wrong choice of words" Let me put is simply, It's physically impossible for me to do those, even with 100 tries, when everything else is as simple as brushing your teeth.
Sandy Hoey
I don't think you get it. If you want to be able to do that with advice we give you next week, then you are delusional. Even next month or next year. It is going to take more than a couple people on the internet giving advice. All we can do is offer options that can get you there if you play more and work through the steps and various difficulties of the game. There are many levels from where you are now, to those kinds of maps. And this has nothing to do with what you currently believe you are physically capable of. Im sure you can tap that fast and move your right hand in that motion.

Workshop wrote:

when everything else is as simple as brushing your teeth.
You must have a hard time brushing your teeth then...
autoteleology
Your skill set is super imbalanced. You seem to have decent aim yet you have basically zero rhythm fundamentals, which is why you can't alternate or stream for shit.

You don't have so much as a single A, much less an S or SS rank in your top plays. You need to learn to crawl before you can walk. Play some maps that are slower so you can focus on the rhythm.

Some other tips:

- Learn to adjust your offsets. On the ranking screen, if you hover over the chart, it will tell you your accuracy error average, both in negative (early) and positive (late) values, and also your and unstable rate (your precision/consistency in timing, regardless whether it is early, on time, or late. This is useful to know your rhythmic accuracy. You can significantly improve your rhythmic accuracy by adjusting your offset per song with the - and + keys. Negative offset will move the audio of the song forward, and vice versa.

- It helps to try to keep your fingers on the keys, especially if you alternate, and I find that my ability to do different kinds of rhythm changes on my hand positioning - during slower parts, I like to keep my wrist on the table, and during faster parts, I like to lift it.

- Good hitsounds are very important in judging your rhythm. The default skin's hitsounds are 100% hot garbage so I recommend finding an alternate skin you like and using it. Many players like using Cookiezi's skin, so that's a good place to start.

- 35 hours in this game isn't really much. If you want to get good at this game, you have to play A LOT, every day if you can. I have 450 hours and I still feel like a big noob sometimes. Just focus on doing things correctly and pushing what you can do well, than trying really hard to push your limits and forcing yourself to do things you;re not ready for. And most importantly, have fun - you learn more and play better when you are relaxed, and what's the point of spending your free time doing something you don't enjoy just to feel like you have talent at something?
Topic Starter
Headcrab

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I don't think you get it. If you want to be able to do that with advice we give you next week, then you are delusional. Even next month or next year. It is going to take more than a couple people on the internet giving advice. All we can do is offer options that can get you there if you play more and work through the steps and various difficulties of the game. There are many levels from where you are now, to those kinds of maps. And this has nothing to do with what you currently believe you are physically capable of. Im sure you can tap that fast and move your right hand in that motion.

Workshop wrote:

when everything else is as simple as brushing your teeth.
You must have a hard time brushing your teeth then...

"Simply asks for advice in a new game and a new community" Gets roasted and gets people triggered from simply looking for help. My bad yo, forget I even asked for help, clearly I can see that was bad move from me
Topic Starter
Headcrab

Philosofikal wrote:

Your skill set is super imbalanced. You seem to have decent aim yet you have basically zero rhythm fundamentals, which is why you can't alternate or stream for shit.

You don't have so much as a single A, much less an S or SS rank in your top plays. You need to learn to crawl before you can walk. Play some maps that are slower so you can focus on the rhythm.

Some other tips:

- Learn to adjust your offsets. On the ranking screen, if you hover over the chart, it will tell you your accuracy error average, both in negative (early) and positive (late) values, and also your and unstable rate (your precision/consistency in timing, regardless whether it is early, on time, or late. This is useful to know your rhythmic accuracy. You can significantly improve your rhythmic accuracy by adjusting your offset per song with the - and + keys. Negative offset will move the audio of the song forward, and vice versa.

- It helps to try to keep your fingers on the keys, especially if you alternate, and I find that my ability to do different kinds of rhythm changes on my hand positioning - during slower parts, I like to keep my wrist on the table, and during faster parts, I like to lift it.

- Good hitsounds are very important in judging your rhythm. The default skin's hitsounds are 100% hot garbage so I recommend finding an alternate skin you like and using it. Many players like using Cookiezi's skin, so that's a good place to start.
Cheers for the advice, about the offset per song, not sure that I get that part honestly
autoteleology

Workshop wrote:

about the offset per song, not sure that I get that part honestly
Between small timing errors in how maps are made, and whatever audiovisual lag you have on your gaming setup, there's a really big chance that the default timing of what you are playing is suboptimal. Offset fixes that by essentially moving the audio of the song relative to the beatmap so when a note event happens in the map, it is better synced to what you are hearing in the song. When you open a map, while the map is playing (and only then for some stupid reason), you can press the + and - keys to change the offset.

For example, if you find that you are consistently pressing notes early when you look at the ranking panel (you'd see a bigger - number than a + number), you can press - a couple of times during the song to move the audio forward.
Topic Starter
Headcrab

Philosofikal wrote:

Workshop wrote:

about the offset per song, not sure that I get that part honestly
Between small timing errors in how maps are made, and whatever audiovisual lag you have on your gaming setup, there's a really big chance that the default timing of what you are playing is suboptimal. Offset fixes that by essentially moving the audio of the song relative to the beatmap so when a note event happens in the map, it is better synced to what you are hearing in the song. When you open a map, while the map is playing (and only then for some stupid reason), you can press the + and - keys to change the offset.

For example, if you find that you are consistently pressing notes early when you look at the ranking panel (you'd see a bigger - number than a + number), you can press - a couple of times during the song to move the audio forward.
thanks a ton, I'll have to look into that
Fxjlk

Workshop wrote:

"Simply asks for advice in a new game and a new community" Gets roasted and gets people triggered from simply looking for help. My bad yo, forget I even asked for help, clearly I can see that was bad move from me
I think the problem people had was the way you asked for help. It wasn't the fact you asked for help.

Workshop wrote:

I'm aware I'm far from enough, but the things I really struggle with, is maps that force you to do this " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d432cQoT-c "
I'm unable to explain what I mean, but that video shows pretty much my point. does not matter how slow or fast it is, It's impossible for me to nail those.
I think "those" are streams and the way you can get good at them is to start at a speed you can handle and work your way up from there. That map in the video is way too fast to consider until you are extremely good, even the best players play it with the half time mod to make it playable.
-Makishima S-
FPS games have nothing to do with osu!
Accuracy is what matters here and yours is terrible, shows that you are trying to play a "shooter", if so - please quit and don't waste people time.
If by some chance you want to learn how to osu! - understand one simple thing - it is a rhythm game, you are supposed to read maps and play to music.
It is not a shooter, have nothing in common with shooters and for more - it does not help in anything if you by some chance think about this.

Start playing a rhythm game and you will see improvement.
Use keyboard and mouse/tablet simultaneously.

Streams are not for you, learn how to do doubles -> triples first.
I Give Up
Depending on how well you play FPS game, you can have a lot of stamina and mouse control that can help make osu a little easier to learn. But you really need to be able to tap as fast as you can aim and with good accuracy too. I recommend climbing through normal and hard difficulty maps before attempting insane.
Wishes
I think you should move down to playing 3 star maps for a while and focus on consistency. You are trying to do too much too early too fast. I mean look at your top ranks you have such low acc how can you improve if you keep spamming on insanes and extras and if you can't even get a single S on any map? :o
HeiTCB16
You can't be comparing yourself to the best player in the world or anyone for that matter. That can really lower your motivation to play. You have a really low playcount with a lot of room to improve. It is impossible to get better without playing on your own level, so I suggest you lower your expectations a bit. When other players tell you "play more" they are giving you the best tip there is. Just like every other game, the more you play the better you get (for most people anyways). Keep in mind that you might progress slower or faster than others as well and you will eventually hit walls.

Just don't give up when that time comes :D
ManuelOsuPlayer

Workshop wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Play more
You have to learn how to do triples, doubles, bursts, stacked, streams...
You're playing songs where you're skipping basic things like that.
Play at 2 stars range maps. When you find something what you can't do consistenly, learn and practice how to do it.
You can watch autoplay mod play the map to know how the sounds should be and try to make them you.

Also check how to setup mouse to play Osu!.
Test skins to play more confortable, etc.
Nattsun

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Play more
Ming Ming Ming Ming
KupcaH

Nattsun wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Play more
Ming Ming Ming Ming
But Ming can get good acc if he want.
-Makishima S-
Ming can shit out 99% whenever he wants.
He is doing 50% acc with sub 100 UR so....
Nattsun

[Taiga] wrote:

Ming can shit out 99% whenever he wants.
He is doing 50% acc with sub 100 UR so....
I know, I saw him playing on tournaments, it was meant to be a joke lol
Disillusionz

Workshop wrote:

>Posts video of literally the best osu player on earth
>New player says he's tried so hard but he can't beat maps like that

When I first learned to swim I didn't go around asking people a week later why I wasn't able to swim like Michael Phelps...

Real advice, replay the maps that are on your top plays until you get A/S on all of them, that'd be a good start.
autoteleology

SirOxorsid wrote:

Real advice, replay the maps that are on your top plays until you get A/S on all of them, that'd be a good start.
Seriously. I've never heard of a player that can get an 80pp play without having gotten so much as a single A, S, or SS rank. Talk about mashing. And then you wonder why you can't do the thing in this game that requires the most rhythmic accuracy?

People in this community surprise me in the strangest ways all the time.
Tamako Lumisade
Just play, play and play without caring too much and you will eventually be better. Like one of my favourite players just said "plz enjoy game".