forum

Mania Latency...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Scarlet Red ]
I'm not sure if this is latency or what, but that's what I've been calling it.

I've returned after not playing osu!mania for a while so I needed time to improve myself to get back to where I was, but now for some reason I cannot seem to get any proper accuracy. I originally thought it was me so I had to just improve. But now I'm at the point where I'm just better than I was before yet there are scores I cannot come close to because my accuracy can NOT even come close! I have no idea why! I've done tons of tests, and in staircases and such I get random 300s/MAX300s. There's no consistency. And more often than not I'll get normal 300s. My ratios between the two are horrific when they used to be so much better. It doesn't help the fact that at random times I'll get godly scores that I cannot replicate.

Is there any way I can hopefully try and resolve this problem? (I've notice on slower sections hitting the notes early does yield me MAX300s... so that's really annoying. ) Using MS offset does not work either no matter which way I use it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Full Tablet
Try adjusting your offset and your hit position.

For the offset, you can choose either to sync the hitsounds to the music, or sync the music with your keypresses (in that case it is recommended to mute your hitsounds). Find a map that you can easily play with your eyes closed (for example, the keyboard latency test beatmap, but extended so it has more notes) with EZ mod (to make the timing windows higher), set the map offset to -50ms (so all your hits are detected as being late, instead of some late and some early), and play the map.

Adjust your offset according to the average hit error (for example, if you get -0 +- 64 ms average hit errors, change your Universal Offset to -14ms). The results of this are reliable as long as you get low Unstable Rate and get no misses. If your unstable rate is high then you should use another method (analyzing an audio recording of an auto-play, and finding the offset in the soundwave is a way if you are trying to sync hitsounds to music).

For the hitposition, take maps where every note is very easy to hit. Play with -50ms custom offset, EZ mod (and OD0), without sound, UI elements disabled (shift + tab), and skinned out judgment images (so you are blind to your error while playing the map). Adjust the hitposition in your skin accordingly (the time between a note appearance and the time you have to press it's key is 13720ms / (Scroll Speed) * (Hitposition / 480)). If your Hitposition was, for example 400, your scroll speed 30, and your hit errors are -0 +- 64 ms, then your hitposition should be (13720/30*400/480+14)/(13720/30/480) = 414.69