forum

Ayane - Senpuu no Mai [Ten]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Antares-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on niedziela, 14 stycznia 2018 at 17:42:18

Artist: Ayane
Title: Senpuu no Mai [Ten]
Source: 太鼓の達人
Tags: asonate fursum taiko no tatsujin tatsh zeami 世阿弥 original soundtrack full combo!
BPM: 160,05
Filesize: 5378kb
Play Time: 01:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced (2,58 stars, 244 notes)
  2. Aso's Extra (5,47 stars, 463 notes)
  3. Fursum's Hard (3,08 stars, 236 notes)
  4. Insane (4,62 stars, 427 notes)
  5. Light Insane (3,83 stars, 327 notes)
  6. Normal (1,87 stars, 143 notes)
  7. Tempest of the Heavens (6,06 stars, 417 notes)
Download: Ayane - Senpuu no Mai [Ten]
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
mp3 from naos set: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/628368
metadata: from here

when u upload unfinished diffs just to pretend that you do anything :ok_hand:
still working on hitsounds ;w;
FOR RANK =w=

Normal by me
Advanced by me
Hard by Fursum (thanks!)
Light Insane by me
Insane by me
Extra by Asonate (thanks!)
Tempest of the Heavens by me
Bluekrait
Standard Mod for Antares-
PM me in game or through forum for any questions regarding my mod!

[Tempest of the Heavens]
  1. 00:03:784 (1) - Remove NC
  2. 00:04:534 (1,2) - Move NC to 2
  3. 00:15:405 (3,4) - Combine into 1/2 slider like you did in all other instances of this 00:21:778 (5) - 01:22:134 (3) - 01:28:507 (5)
  4. 00:24:965 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Unless it was your intention, this feels too similar to 01:31:694 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - in terms of circle placement. Maybe rotate one of the patterns x degrees. Also can you even out the spacing on 00:24:965 (1,2,3) - 01:31:694 (1,2,3) - and 01:32:631 (1,2,3) :
  5. 00:28:151 (1) - I don't see the need for an SV change and NC here. The change in pitch is similar to 00:35:836 (5)
  6. 00:41:366 (4) - Was hard to read because it's directly stacked on 00:40:710 (1) in such short period of time.
  7. 00:52:706 (1) - I think this would play slightly better going in counter clockwise direction following the up-down motion from 00:51:769 (2,3,4) :
  8. 00:54:955 (5,1) - These two sound a lot like 00:51:956 (3,4) so maybe match timeline lengths (3/4 sliders) and SV/NC.
  9. 01:33:287 (1) - Spinner here?
Topic Starter
Antares-

Bluekrait wrote:

[Tempest of the Heaven]
  1. 00:03:784 (1) - Remove NC
  2. 00:04:534 (1,2) - Move NC to 2 fixed NCs here
  3. 00:15:405 (3,4) - Combine into 1/2 slider like you did in all other instances of this 00:21:778 (5) - 01:22:134 (3) - 01:28:507 (5) i guess it should be done for consistency, changed
  4. 00:24:965 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Unless it was your intention, this feels too similar to 01:31:694 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - in terms of circle placement. Maybe rotate one of the patterns x degrees. Also can you even out the spacing on 00:24:965 (1,2,3) - 01:31:694 (1,2,3) - and 01:32:631 (1,2,3)
    yeah it's intended here, as its same part in both, i wanted them to look similar, but they're a bit different from each other - also fixed spacing on all
  5. 00:28:151 (1) - I don't see the need for an SV change and NC here. The change in pitch is similar to 00:35:836 (5) went here for clockwise movement which involves slowdown -> acceleration -> same direction slowdown: https://puu.sh/wpL6T/de93966afc.png
    im repeating that concept in that part consistently and think it compliments vocals pretty well so i keep it w/o changes for now, moved faster slider a bit closer here though
  6. 00:41:366 (4) - Was hard to read because it's directly stacked on 00:40:710 (1) in such short period of time. i can see that but looking from testplays people are handling that part without misreads so i'm not really eager to change that part as i like it ;w;
  7. 00:52:706 (1) - I think this would play slightly better going in counter clockwise direction following the up-down motion from 00:51:769 (2,3,4) i've tried it and i prefer flow-breaking movement that i'm using right now to emphasis chorus start, so i'm keeping my pattern for now
  8. 00:54:955 (5,1) - These two sound a lot like 00:51:956 (3,4) so maybe match timeline lengths (3/4 sliders) and SV/NC. fixed yeah, should play more smoothly
  9. 01:33:287 (1) - Spinner here? i'm not really a fan of spinners lol, prefer to keep it as circle
thanks a lot for modding!
MaridiuS
mod from my queue

[tempest of heaven]
Ugh firstly, I don't think that the intensity that you did on the map on 00:12:969 - and 01:19:698 - is healthy. Nothing in the map is not remotely hard to it, be it in spacing or in rhythm density, and the kiai is really lackluster and easy. I do believe however that the rhythm is works, however i strongly recommend it to be 0.8 distance snapped, since you build the map on intensity compared to other sections, not compared to overall intensity i think. Maybe you understand what i'm talking about, but my point is that it is too hard compared to anything else in the map, and not even a kiai.

00:01:535 (2,3) - could you give these two bigger spacing? Spacing is too low imo, it doesn't follow the intensity of the loud kicks
00:04:534 (4,1) - ^ and other simialrly sounding parts
00:05:658 (1,2,3) - What more makes me to even more enthusiastically give you a reason to make it more spaced is this. It imo sounds a bit less intense (or the same intensity) yet it has a lot bigger jumps.
00:40:710 (1,3) - I don't think that this overlap looks appealing.
00:43:334 (2) - by not having the sliderend overlap with the head, it looks much better. http://i.imgur.com/o28pc1F.jpg
00:45:958 (3) - placin it here http://i.imgur.com/WVkhWkW.jpg makes it look more tidy imo, + the more spacing on the slider is fine

Kiai structuring is a bit messy. What makes me think that is that there are a lot of angles used for sliders. Usually you want to keep 1 angle in a section, and reserve angle changes for important notes. What i saw was 00:57:205 (1) - this using the same angle as 00:58:704 (1) - . The latter has bigger intensity, and I think 0degree rotation should be reserved for that sound. 01:04:702 (1) - this one too. 00:57:205 (1) - to emphasize this, you can use slight curve, and keep the 0 degree tilted slider for the strong beat that i linked, which you also used biggest (probs) SV for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCB5rLXqWKY&t check pishifat video about aesthetics. What I feel like should be done, is keep same degree minor tilt on straight sliders that essentially are not special, and use some other forms to emphasize important things. Would work much better for the section/map. IF you have any questions, feel free to ask in pm.
Topic Starter
Antares-

MaridiuS wrote:

mod from my queue

[tempest of heaven]
Ugh firstly, I don't think that the intensity that you did on the map on 00:12:969 - and 01:19:698 - is healthy. Nothing in the map is not remotely hard to it, be it in spacing or in rhythm density, and the kiai is really lackluster and easy. I do believe however that the rhythm is works, however i strongly recommend it to be 0.8 distance snapped, since you build the map on intensity compared to other sections, not compared to overall intensity i think. Maybe you understand what i'm talking about, but my point is that it is too hard compared to anything else in the map, and not even a kiai.

i see what you mean, but ive mapped entire track just because of that section and its most intense part of song, so i mapped it according to that, i dont really understand what you meant by 'lackluster' - i mapped chorus according to song. anyways, i don't want to nerf that section but i'd love some other actual suggestions how to fix intensity disproportion then

00:01:535 (2,3) - could you give these two bigger spacing? Spacing is too low imo, it doesn't follow the intensity of the loud kicks
00:04:534 (4,1) - ^ and other simialrly sounding parts increased spacing, imo it wasn't really necessary as it's intro and it was emphasized thro 0.0x stack later, but eh
00:05:658 (1,2,3) - What more makes me to even more enthusiastically give you a reason to make it more spaced is this. It imo sounds a bit less intense (or the same intensity) yet it has a lot bigger jumps. its same intensity and i think it fits that part pretty well, but i guess now it should be less disproportional here
00:40:710 (1,3) - I don't think that this overlap looks appealing. and i think it does, #constructivecriticism
00:43:334 (2) - by not having the sliderend overlap with the head, it looks much better. http://i.imgur.com/o28pc1F.jpg 1) i make similar here 00:45:208 (1,2) - 2) 00:43:334 (2,2) - those two stack, 3) 00:42:209 (1,1) - blanket 4) for me mine looks better?
00:45:958 (3) - placin it here http://i.imgur.com/WVkhWkW.jpg makes it look more tidy imo, + the more spacing on the slider is fine ngh i'll just say that here (also to previous ones), those overlaps fit entire style of map as i overlap many things in that way here and i'm not gonna randomly unoverlap things ive mapped just because, if you're unhappy with that and have actually serious reasons behind it, we can discuss it, but i'm not eager to change right now, also 00:45:958 (3,2) - that part here is ass by ur suggestion + that slider here 00:46:708 (1) -

Kiai structuring is a bit messy. What makes me think that is that there are a lot of angles used for sliders. Usually you want to keep 1 angle in a section, and reserve angle changes for important notes. What i saw was 00:57:205 (1) - this using the same angle as 00:58:704 (1) - . The latter has bigger intensity, and I think 0degree rotation should be reserved for that sound. 01:04:702 (1) - this one too. 00:57:205 (1) - to emphasize this, you can use slight curve, and keep the 0 degree tilted slider for the strong beat that i linked, which you also used biggest (probs) SV for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCB5rLXqWKY&t check pishifat video about aesthetics. What I feel like should be done, is keep same degree minor tilt on straight sliders that essentially are not special, and use some other forms to emphasize important things. Would work much better for the section/map. IF you have any questions, feel free to ask in pm.

soo where to start first
00:57:205 (1) - that one is 1.5x, which you say it isnt special - ye it actually doesnt emphasis sound (as there isnt a strong one like 00:58:704 (1) -, but strong vocal, so i make long slider into dropoff movemnt into (2), which makes straight slider play well here.
second one: 00:58:704 (1) - is 2.0x which makes it faster as i want to emphasis strong sound after 3.0x 1/4 sliders, so those are both different, even if they use same shape which isn't really bad (it's pretty generic shape in this map, as i use many, many straights in map) - it shouldn't hint anything by shape and it doesn't as there is many straights in map

besides that, entire concept is flowness, dance in overall and ive tried to achieve that by heavy emphasis on vocals instead of beat in addition to many sv changes and angles make that part a bit chaotic, but still structured - you may not like this, but it's concept i was going for and everything is pretty well-placed i think to achieve that - so i don't see issue with varying angles on that part. i meant mainly that entire section 00:27:214 - from here which is building-up to chorus, uses many sv changes and i continue doing that in kiai, i think it fits chorus well and i'm not going to change entire concept of map which i've intended here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCB5rLXqWKY&t check pishifat video about aesthetics.
im just gonna say lol
thanks for mod i guess
MaridiuS
Just a bit of a follow through, nothing bad intended.

00:45:958 (3) - placin it here http://i.imgur.com/WVkhWkW.jpg makes it look more tidy imo, + the more spacing on the slider is fine ngh i'll just say that here (also to previous ones), those overlaps fit entire style of map as i overlap many things in that way here and i'm not gonna randomly unoverlap things ive mapped just because, if you're unhappy with that and have actually serious reasons behind it, we can discuss it, but i'm not eager to change right now, also 00:45:958 (3,2) - that part here is ass by ur suggestion + that slider here 00:46:708 (1) -
I've just found a placement of (3) where would be ideal, of course I assumed that you should rearrange the following patterns fitting the new one if it happens. And my discussion is, I saw that the map is based fairly on overlaps. It looks planned, but there are simply some overlaps that stick out. If a person says the map is based on overlaps, he can't get away with doing whatever he wants if he overlaps everything, I just pointed out few ones.

i see what you mean, but ive mapped entire track just because of that section and its most intense part of song, so i mapped it according to that, i dont really understand what you meant by 'lackluster' - i mapped chorus according to song. anyways, i don't want to nerf that section but i'd love some other actual suggestions how to fix intensity disproportion then IF you could think of making the kiai a bit more dense on rhythm, and doing some scaling on stuff like 00:53:456 (3,4,5) - it may work, but I don't think its possible therefore i gave an idea to nerf the section for imo better map section scaling.

and i think it does, #constructivecriticism - was this rude answer really necessary to your reply? Maybe you also spotted that and also thought it was unappealing. Also have you ever got mods like (timeline link) - ugly lol fix. And please if you could be a bit less rude to guys speaking their thoughts of how to possibly improve your patterning/style. Do you want everyone to be afraid to bring out core criticism and just say fix blanket, maybe the modder might actually genuinely improve your map by a lot.
Topic Starter
Antares-

MaridiuS wrote:

Just a bit of a follow through, nothing bad intended.

I've just found a placement of (3) where would be ideal, of course I assumed that you should rearrange the following patterns fitting the new one if it happens. And my discussion is, I saw that the map is based fairly on overlaps. It looks planned, but there are simply some overlaps that stick out. If a person says the map is based on overlaps, he can't get away with doing whatever he wants if he overlaps everything, I just pointed out few ones.

well i've intended to overlap that and i think it looks fine and fits rest of the map... i kinda overreacted here, but even it may be ideal solution for you, i may prefer my pattern as i mapped it so wanted it to be that way, not randomly

i see what you mean, but ive mapped entire track just because of that section and its most intense part of song, so i mapped it according to that, i dont really understand what you meant by 'lackluster' - i mapped chorus according to song. anyways, i don't want to nerf that section but i'd love some other actual suggestions how to fix intensity disproportion then
IF you could think of making the kiai a bit more dense on rhythm, and doing some scaling on stuff like 00:53:456 (3,4,5) - it may work, but I don't think its possible therefore i gave an idea to nerf the section for imo better map section scaling.

i follow vocals in kiai as they're strongest there, i really, really don't wanna nerf most intense section nor overdo chorus for sake of doing that,
i could swap kiais to instrumental section but i don't know if that will change anything tbh

and i think it does, #constructivecriticism - was this rude answer really necessary to your reply? Maybe you also spotted that and also thought it was unappealing. Also have you ever got mods like (timeline link) - ugly lol fix. And please if you could be a bit less rude to guys speaking their thoughts of how to possibly improve your patterning/style. Do you want everyone to be afraid to bring out core criticism and just say fix blanket, maybe the modder might actually genuinely improve your map by a lot.

it just appeals to me and i made it intentionally, so felt kinda disrespected by that.. but yeah my response was rude here, sorry for that :(
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.