forum

Bomfunk MC's - Freestyler

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ephemeral
After a quick recheck, I can't really find any issue in the highlighted formation. I'm not even a regular player (or a good one at that) and I can quite easily pick that pattern up.

I'll rerank this as-is. There is no substantiated reason for an unrank.

EDIT:

Much can be achieved through dialogue. Thank you for staying civil and constructive throughout this. These things can sometimes be sped up by contacting presiding BAT in game about it. We're not going to bite your head off for having differing opinions on the judgements we make.
Natteke
Awesome. Scoreboard is back too
Lunah_old
yessss, thank you all guys.
Mismagius
This was very nice. :)
Louis Cyphre
yay ~
Ibuki Suika
real good job :P
Gomo Psivarh
what the...

this got deranked once? :(
NatsumeRin
awesome.
Anticloud
awesome in a different way
Andrea
This is a good day.
TicClick
Ha-ha, great!
-----

Louis Cyphre wrote:

yay ~
Miu Matsuoka
Ephemeral you did it just right.
Sakura Izayoi
:) :) :)
Shiirn : What goes around comes around. :)
lkjl23
Charles445
I want to point out that you have 0.35 seconds to react to the sliders underneath.

Take a look at this picture. http://puu.sh/75Em This is after the blue slider is finished. Notice how the slider turned purple? That's the blending from blue and red, which means there is a slider under there. Also, as soon as the player hits the 1... http://puu.sh/75Es It's even more red.

That's how I calculated 0.35, take that information as you like. Some people don't have that reaction time, but others do. (my average is 0.26975 when using a speed test, so I am able to read the sliders)

Grats on rerank, go get yourself some charts :P
[deleted user]

Miu Matsuoka wrote:

Ephemeral you did it just right.
Lunah_old

NeverDie wrote:

Aol wrote:

:) :) :)
Shiirn : What goes around comes around. :)
Yeah, hopefully it won't be too long until he gets punched in the face in real life :)
I hard lol'd
-kevincela-
Yay,reranked :D
Gratz again,Lesjuh~
Colin Hou
good news before bedtime, congratz on ranking it again.
xierbaliti
yay! awesome.
narakucrimson
Oh, I never noticed this got de-ranked!

By the way, I could never give my opinion, but I think people said pretty much what I thought. I suggestedchanging that pattern at first, but after - believe me- A LOT of thinking, I supposed it was ok.

So let's... Sorry if I rushed things up with the bubble I gave to this map hehe, but I'm convinced it was and is ok~
Anyway, the discussion seems constructive, perhaps this just had to happen :P
Nymph
This is just awesome, really glad to see that pattern.
AngelHoney
:D/
Ephemeral
By the way, just because lesjuh can make this pattern work doesn't mean the rest of you can.

So don't think about using this map as a precedent to pull off similar patterns in your maps, unless they're executed as well. Just because this very fringe case is constructed well enough to fit into the ranking criteria does not mean every cheap imitation of it thereafter will be.

And attacking another mapper for having a different opinion than you is disappointing to see. I'm looking at about three people from the last page guilty of it. Not a pretty sight. Makes me think maybe they shouldn't be posting on here anymore.
Larto
It's a christmas miracle.
bmin11
I love how you guys handled this calmly :) Congratz on the rerank!
xsrsbsns
Great!

Larto wrote:

It's a christmas miracle.
Amule
Awesome !!!
Gaba

Ephemeral wrote:

And attacking another mapper for having a different opinion than you is disappointing to see. I'm looking at about three people from the last page guilty of it. Not a pretty sight. Makes me think maybe they shouldn't be posting on here anymore.
Might as well warn "some bat's" to not delete and censure some random posts, that's just nonsense and abuse of power.
Bakario
:D
YGOkid8

Ephemeral wrote:

By the way, just because lesjuh can make this pattern work doesn't mean the rest of you can.

So don't think about using this map as a precedent to pull off similar patterns in your maps, unless they're executed as well. Just because this very fringe case is constructed well enough to fit into the ranking criteria does not mean every cheap imitation of it thereafter will be.
couldn't have said it better myself, and something all mappers should always be considering.
Raging Bull
I wonder why no one ever mentioned this in Gladi's diff :p
yeahyeahyeahhh
Yes! Victory for the 99%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faust
Here to tell you this map is amazing.

And the mappers as well.

Thanks for making this.
senaya

Ephemeral wrote:

Jenny

Raging Bull wrote:

Gladi is mad, so there's no point in offending him - I like mad guys and things ;w;
GladiOol

Broetchen8441 wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

Gladi is mad, so there's no point in offending him - I like mad guys and things ;w;

Natteke
Go away Gladi, leave the thread alone and go insult people in PM or something.
GladiOol

show more