1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Off-Topic
show more
posted

B1rd wrote:

abraker wrote:

Right because golf and NYC security pays itself
Obama doubled the national debt in his presidency. Since Trump has been in office, he has reduced national debt by 100 billion. Not to mention that Trump isn't taking any of the presidential salary he's entitled to. How can you still complain that Trump is wasting taxpayer money?
Presidential annual salary is only 400k/year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 70541.html
posted

B1rd wrote:

Just because it isn't already, doesn't mean that no attention should be paid, lest America becomes like Europe where terrorist attacks are a regular occurrence.
gee I didn't know terrorist attacks were a regular occurrence here, I must be a libcuck buying into MSM lies 🤔

or nah, I fucking live here and they ain't.
posted

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Presidential annual salary is only 400k/year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 70541.html
He spent 7 days at a luxury resort. That's not payed for by taxpayers, only the security is. You really would find any excuse to criticise Trump.
posted
I don't know much about him, but the internet is raging with hate. I've seen lots of videos where he disrespects other people. so, ye. I don't really know him but for now i'll say i'm not ok with him
posted

B1rd wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Presidential annual salary is only 400k/year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 70541.html
He spent 7 days at a luxury resort. That's not payed for by taxpayers, only the security is. You really would find any excuse to criticise Trump.
"CBS News reports American taxpayers spend more than $3 million each time Trump heads to the “Winter White House.”
But that's only part of the price of Trump's weekend getaways. Residents in Palm Beach have been hit with additional costs to protect the president, to the tune of more than $1 million since Trump was elected."

http://time.com/money/4703151/donald-tr ... alm-beach/

Why deny this? Feels like you'd rather ignore the facts here. I wish people who see themselves as "free thinkers" wouldn't so blindly spout GOP propaganda like "Trump isn't taking any of the presidential salary he's entitled to. How can you still complain that Trump is wasting taxpayer money?"
posted

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

"CBS News reports American taxpayers spend more than $3 million each time Trump heads to the “Winter White House.”
But that's only part of the price of Trump's weekend getaways. Residents in Palm Beach have been hit with additional costs to protect the president, to the tune of more than $1 million since Trump was elected."

http://time.com/money/4703151/donald-tr ... alm-beach/

Why deny this? Feels like you'd rather ignore the facts here. I wish people who see themselves as "free thinkers" wouldn't so blindly spout GOP propaganda like "Trump isn't taking any of the presidential salary he's entitled to. How can you still complain that Trump is wasting taxpayer money?"
Accusing me of "spouting GOP propaganda" is ridiculous. You didn't refute my claim that the expenses were for security, you're just going on another partisan tirade, making out Trump to be literally Hitler because he's spent some time at a resort. I don't support him doing wasting all that money, but it's peanuts compared to the national budget, and he's shown that better at managing that than Obama was. You're just making a big deal out of nothing.
posted

B1rd wrote:

abraker wrote:

Right because golf and NYC security pays itself
Obama doubled the national debt in his presidency. Since Trump has been in office, he has reduced national debt by 100 billion. Not to mention that Trump isn't taking any of the presidential salary he's entitled to. How can you still complain that Trump is wasting taxpayer money?
Had to fact check, and it indeed has gone down, but by 12 billion, not 100 billion as you claim, according to this article. Perhaps you have something more recent that isn't outdated by 3 months?

Also according to that article, it isn't necessarily Trump's actions that have caused the reduction in national debt and has many more factors involved. I will be convinced it's Trump's doing only upon a list of policies he has enacted that explicitly state the influence toward this reduction, supplemented with estimates of how much (with references to sources, ofc).
posted

B1rd wrote:

Accusing me of "spouting GOP propaganda" is ridiculous.
...
I don't support him doing wasting all that money
I mean, you just did. You said that because he doesn't take presidential salary that means he isn't wasting taxpayer money on his Mar-a-lago trips. If you think his lack of presidential salary (only 400k/yr) makes up for that, then you support his behaviour, no?

Try not to find yourself as being the pawn of some American political party, it suits you a lot better.
posted

abraker wrote:

Had to fact check, and it indeed has gone down, but by 12 billion, not 100 billion as you claim, according to this article. Perhaps you have something more recent that isn't outdated by 3 months?

Also according to that article, it isn't necessarily Trump's actions that have caused the reduction in national debt and has many more factors involved. I will be convinced it's Trump's doing only upon a list of policies he has enacted that explicitly state the influence toward this reduction, supplemented with estimates of how much (with references to sources, ofc).
I got my sources directly from the treasury website. https://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/current

Don't be fooled by the obviously biased news media, it's not some miraculous coincidence that the debt that was increasing steadily under Obama suddenly started decreasing the moment Trump got into office. Trumps cuts to federal spending aren't exactly highly-classified information, though the biased mainstream news media would probably make that out to be the case.


DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

I mean, you just did. You said that because he doesn't take presidential salary that means he isn't wasting taxpayer money on his Mar-a-lago trips. If you think his lack of presidential salary (only 400k/yr) makes up for that, then you support his behaviour, no?

Try not to find yourself as being the pawn of some American political party, it suits you a lot better.
And you know, being so melodramatic and antagonistic doesn't suit you. I never said anything along the lines of what you claim I said. My point was, relative to Obama, he has been a lot more responsible with taxpayer dollars, even if he has been wasting money on his trips to his luxury resort. Travel expenses aren't the only thing I factor in.
posted

B1rd wrote:

I got my sources directly from the treasury website.

B1rd wrote:

Don't be fooled by the obviously biased
I like how you complain about media bias immediately after pulling from a non-independent source
posted
don't really care about the guy, i care more about what will happen in 4 years after his presidency
posted
Mh, you should be a little more clear in your initial post, then- by citing the fact that he doesn't take Presidential salary as being something even remotely meaningful in the overall context of "Does Trump waste taxpayer dollars or not", you ended up spreading a piece of shitty, populist propaganda. I accept that you didn't mean it that way, though, just try to be more careful with your tone in future I guess.

Also not gonna lie, the "pawn of the GOP" thing was definitely inspired by your own dramatic style of thinking/communicating! It doesn't suit me so much though, yeah. At least we can talk about this more reasonably though.
posted

B1rd wrote:

I got my sources directly from the treasury website. https://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/current
I see that it has been steady since December, which if you consider the reduction to be of non increase, then yes it has been indeed reduced. What I had in mind actually was the net dept decreasing, but this is good too.

However, not so good if you consider where some of the cuts may come from. I want my free healthcare dammit.
posted
Cent1pede
posted

Ephemeral wrote:

Cent1pede
somebody screeeeeeeeeeeeeeam
posted

Ephemeral wrote:

Cent1pede
=Oh incoming bans, locks, restiricts, crying , exiles, begging, and shit
posted
i was having a shit
Please sign in to reply.