forum

Accidently bought a 490 instead of a 480 tablet.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trekka
I was looking for a tablet for osu after getting into the game. After looking around it seemed the general consensus was the 480. I watched a streamer one day play osu! with a tablet and his command for !tablet was a 480.

I went to amazon to order the tablet typed in CLT-480 and the first result was a wacom tablet without the type listed. It looked exactly like the tablet the streamer I was watching was using so I ordered it. After it arrived I unboxed it and set it up and tried to install the drivers that are recommended ( 6.3.9w5) it wouldn't work. I went into device setting and it was listed as a 490 -_-

It's my own fault for not paying attention whilst ordering but my question is is the tablet as bad as people say it is? I had seen a lot of hatred for it when I first started looking for a tablet.
I Give Up
I played with some shoddy mice in the past yet still made decent plays with them. Nothing is stopping you from mastering it and breaking the meta, at least till you get the superior ctl460.
Runiel
i use a 490 and it ok
Piefayth
I have a 490, and the only issue I've experienced is a slight lag when hovering. I personally drag, so this isn't a problem. If you DO prefer to hover, I've verified that the "tape down the nib" fix removes the lag.
Topic Starter
Trekka

I Give Up wrote:

I played with some shoddy mice in the past yet still made decent plays with them. Nothing is stopping you from mastering it and breaking the meta, at least till you get the superior ctl460.
You're right of course, it's just I would rather outright buy one of the best then use this for a year and replace it.

Piefayth wrote:

I have a 490, and the only issue I've experienced is a slight lag when hovering. I personally drag, so this isn't a problem. If you DO prefer to hover, I've verified that the "tape down the nib" fix removes the lag.
Can you post a pic or give a better explanation? I googled what you said but I couldn't find anything.
Disillusionz
I don't know how bad the lag is, but a big factor that I think alone makes the 480 the better tablet is the hover distance (aka the height you can hover the pen before it doesn't register). I believe on the 480 it's 2mm while with the 490 it's .5mm. By comparison, my XP-Pen G430 that cost $25 had a hover distance of 1mm. With the G430 I very rarely (was much more common when i first started playing) would overextend it and the pen would leave the hover area, and i would pretty much automatically lose every time that happened. By comparison the hover distance on the 480 feels huge, and I love that. I'd personally hate to have to get used to a .5mm hover distance.

Although if you drag, ofc this means nothing to you at all.
Nattsun
Play with mouse. Problem solved.