forum

New Keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Z4ckFairX
I intend to buy a keyboard for my future pc. I used a laptop for a long time and while i don't normally use the keyboard to play other games i need it for osu!
I want to buy a Cherry MX but not sure about which one. After reading around it seems that red one is the best. Since i cannot test any of them i would like some advice; considering that i only use fingers to tap and my laptop scissor switches feel kinda of way to hard to press and i'm forced to tap way to hard, which one would you recommend to me?
Buster
Always play with laptop keyboard
i know you're getting a desktop but playing with laptop keyboard makes you better
Topic Starter
Z4ckFairX
The problem is that i would like to still have a working keyboard on my laptop XD. I replaced the keyboard on my laptop 4 month ago and now my z key is half broken and i'm using a/s to play. At this rate i'll have to end up playing on keys that aren't comfortable for me and have a lot of broken ones... Also i really need to change to something that i can play higher bpm songs because with this one i can barely stream 160bpm and beat 200bpm.
Disillusionz
browns are great for general use but not good for osu.

reds are great for osu but not great for general use.

Take your pick. Or you could even end up getting a brown keyboard and switching out 2 switches on the board for red switches... that'd be pretty dope now that i think about it.
KupcaH

SirOxorsid wrote:

Huh, there are A LOT of top osu! players using browns.
Topic Starter
Z4ckFairX
I normally play games with controller so my keyboard is manly bought for osu! and some random typing when i search around the net.
Disillusionz

KupcaH wrote:

SirOxorsid wrote:

Huh, there are A LOT of top osu! players using browns.

They're in the minority and for good reason, it's a pain in the arse to play with a tactile switch on higher BPM when you can just use a linear switch. Obviously i oversimplified it and some players seem to prefer it (or they just used whatever they had with them at the time, which was probably browns - I think this is the more likely scenario), but if someone is asking what switch they should get for osu i'd say reds
I Give Up
Brown switches are not in any way a minority. it is the second most popular switch to reds. High bpm is not a problem with them as they are light.

@OP you probably would choose between red or brown. Cherry MX switches in general feels nothing like scissor, you will be learning from a fresh starting point. Just choose whichever of the two you think is cooler.
ManuelOsuPlayer
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002478-Keyboard-K120/dp/B003ELVLKU
Around 15$.
:thinking:
ManuelOsuPlayer

KupcaH wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002478-Keyboard-K120/dp/B003ELVLKU
Around 15$.
:thinking:
I need around 35g to move the short travel keys what i use to play osu xD. (70g the other keys because are new). I wouldn't change it for a brown, blue, black mechanical 100-200$. Red switch up key it's the only reasson i would rather pay for a mechanical keyboard over this one.
I don't think it would be an insane difference If I'm not playing over 270bpm streams. Red switch need much more energy to singletap using wrist/arm. Also much better than red for general use.
Overall it's a personal preference.