Thanks for the mod! Waiting on ZiRoX and Withered.
Kudosu only when helpful!General
- The current spread is a bit AAAAAAHHHHHHHH, having another diff between Rain and Lotus' Overdose would be really nice imo. If more people say the same I might do this, but honestly I feel the gap is acceptable, SR isn't a great indicator here.
- The bg image hasn't got the highest resolution and isn't even 16:9, are you sure you wanna use it anyways? Finding decent sized artwork for this game is impossible, psure I already had to waifu2x this shit to even get this far. If you find something good let me know thoughCup
General: The ranking criteria says that mostly 1/1 pattern should be used and that 1/2 + 1/3 pattern can be used sparingly. Your Cup is using 1/4 pattern at some places which is in my opinion a bit overdone. Here my suggestions for that:
- 00:16:439 (1,2) - I would forge both into 1 slider for simplification.
- 00:48:671 (2,3) - I would just delete 1 circle, preferably 00:48:671 (2) - .
- 00:51:150 (4) - I would make this at least a normal slider instead of a repeat slider because it is too dense for a Cup imo and 00:51:274 - is the weakest of the 1/4 sounds. Done here and at 00:59:084 (4) -
The suggestions go for every similar pattern of course.
For the stuff I didn't reply to: The song features heavy use of 1/4 rhythms and skipping any more than I already did feels very plain. Especially for parts like 00:48:671 (2,3) - it wouldn't make sense to map only one of the two sounds when they're almost identical, so I just made sure to leave a larger gap after each 1/4 pattern and make the spacing as small as possible to counter it.
- 00:43:216 (3,1) - I would emphasize 00:44:208 (1) - more, meaning that I would put it on the left side to create a change of movement direction.
- 00:45:943 (3,1) - Same as 00:43:216 (3,1) - (here definitively needed imo). Didn't change the first because pitch is decreasing here and I already have a direction change on 00:43:216 (3) - but spaced out the second a bit more
- 00:55:117 (4,5,6) - I don't like the spacing here. Decreasing spacing can be confusing for new players, especially because 00:55:489 (5,6) - in itself is awkward - the spacing is so low that you could catch the last note without even moving which may confuse new players even more (Should I move or not?). Therefore I think you should either make 00:55:489 (5,6) - an obvious standstill (= 0 spacing) or make it more similar to 00:55:117 (4,5) - to improve the gameplay. Made spacing consistentSalad
- 00:22:390 (1) - Feels completely unemphasized because it is exactly the same as 00:22:142 (4) - (both single notes and both directed towards the right), which makes 00:22:142 (4) - stand out but 00:22:390 (1) - not. Maybe you can find a way to emphasize 00:22:390 (1) - more (direction change, pattern change whatever)? Added a dash here
- 00:26:357 (1) - Same as above, but not that urgent this time. I would flip 00:26:605 (2) - to make 00:26:357 (1) - a bit more remarkable. Nice idea, donePlatter
General: Regarding the beginning part (from 00:00:572 - to 00:14:208 - ): I don't really get why you are varying so much with normal sliders, reverse sliders and single notes. It looks inconsistent to me and should be more consistent imo, especially 00:11:233 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - should be 2 sliders to keep consistency imo. I could understand if you started varying things a bit starting from 00:08:505 - because of the additional drum sounds (you kinda did the same thing in Salad), but that doesn't seem to be the reason for your variety here. But I do start varying from there, that's where I expand sliders into short streams for the exact reason you mentioned lol
- 00:43:216 (3,1) - I would prefer a hyper here because 00:44:208 (1) - is kinda remarkable and it would build up a nice contrast to 00:43:216 (3) - , but that's up to you I guess. I kept it as a regular dash to highlight the pitch decreaseRain
- 00:09:497 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This is quite easier than the similar two parts that came beforehand which makes no sense to me, this should have similar complex movement than the previous ones. Buffed it a bit
- 00:11:976 (4,5) - It is ok imo to make these notes not like the ones before as a build-up, but 00:11:605 (3,4) - should be still a hyper imo to keep consistency. Combining hyper with direction change dash is a bit of a pain but I think I found a decent compromise
- 00:26:109 (5,1) - Shouldn't be this the hyper instead of 00:26:357 (1,2) - ? Right now it is rhythmically odd. Fixed
- 00:55:489 (4) - Is a really remarkable sound, but you did the hyper at 00:55:489 (4,5) - instead of 00:55:365 (3,4) - which is really odd imo. Can you change it to 00:55:365 (3,4) - ? Was going for drum emphasis but sure, this works too I guessAtlamilliaGood luck on ranking! I want my first ranked diff uwu
- 00:07:266 (7,8,9) - Why not making something similar to 00:03:299 (7,8) - and 00:11:233 (3,4) - ? Does fit the intensity better imo. Done to achieve a gradual buildup in intensity by using a hyper, then antiflow, then both
- 00:34:043 (8,1) - I suggest a hyper here for more remarkable rhythm. Alright
- 00:50:654 (3,4) - The hyper is overdone imo and confuses me about the emphasizing of the part while playing, therefore I would remove it. Same goes for 00:58:588 (3,4) - . I think they fit fine with the heavy drum sound
- 00:55:117 (5,6,7,8,9,1) - Plays really confusing because 00:55:861 (9,1) - plays completely different than the two before (1/2 instead of 1/4 + direction change), even though the sounds are similar. I highly suggest to add a note at 00:55:985 - , making a hyper from 00:55:861 - to 00:55:985 - (similar to the ones beforehand) and making a hyper from 00:55:985 - to 00:56:109 - as well. Done for consistency