forum

[Archived] Weird Audio Distortions in Taiko

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bramble
Problem Details: Often when I play taiko, a red note will cause some weird audio distortions, especially the big ones. I did just get new cheap earbuds, so I was going to blame them, but then I realized it was only happening on osu, and not only that, but only with the red notes (and maybe the blue ones depending on skin sounds I guess, but for me only reds). Restarting osu will fix the problem, and this usually happens after I alt tab a few times, and it's very obnoxious.

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)
Dargin
Very likely that it may just be the audio drivers or settings. Is your don sound really loud? Sometimes audio drivers have integrated "quality supplements" when loud sounds play. Idk, you said it only happens when you alt tab out, but it doesn't look like it would be an osu problem. Mainly because if it were osu it would probably end up being a more common issue. Have you tried messing with your sound settings in-game and outside the game?
Topic Starter
Bramble
I'll mess around a bit with those tomorrow, and maybe see if I need to update my audio driver or something. My don sound isn't very loud at all, and I've been using the same one for four years, so like...I know it isn't because of that lol. It's a new issue so I dunno, I'll mess with some stuff
Lacrimosa
Does this happen without earbuds as well? If not, it's probably an issue with your earbuds reprocessing osu!'s sound.