forum

Are Osu Supporter Tag worth it?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Disillusionz
To answer OP's question, if your main want is extra features then no, it's probably not worth it. osu! direct is pretty cool but unnecessary, and nobody cares about a colored nametag. For me it's more about supporting a completely f2p game on one of the few websites in existence that doesn't have ads.
-Makishima S-
osu! direct is pretty cool but unnecessary
Dunno, If I buy supporter, I do this mainly for direct. If you ask me:
- using pirated server to gain access to direct is fucking illegal and bitching, dunno why peppy don't send DMCA over this shit
- bloodcat + outside soft to download beatmaps, well even if it is legal... not ethical

Also, for me osu! is only one game worth supporting. Only mapping bullshit keeps me out of this :(
johnmedina999
Only thing I really use it for is userpage.
Barusamikosu
Worth it for Selected Mods charts.
KupcaH

Barusamikosu wrote:

Hoyl fuck, Baru!
_Meep_

KupcaH wrote:

Barusamikosu wrote:

Hoyl fuck, Baru!
Barusamikosu

KupcaH+_Meep_ wrote:

Hoyl fuck, Baru!
:D
Endaris

Barusamikosu wrote:

KupcaH+_Meep_ wrote:

Hoyl fuck, Baru!
:D
<3<3<3<3<3

On topic:
Mainly good if you play a lot of multi or spectate people for easy map acquirement (but you could just torrent all the ranked maps instead).
Friend ranking and Selected Mods ranking are both really nice as well.

These are the mainthings that I missed during the months of not having supporter.
autoteleology
I think some of you fail to realize that $4 is actually a substantial amount of money to some of the nationalities that play this game. $4 is like $40 in the Philippines for example. You guys take having a strong currency for granted.

That being said, on the other side of the coin, since we don't know what $4 is to you, how are we supposed to make that judgement for you? Read the supporter page and make your own decision.
Caput Mortuum
Not that much tbh, why not. You could save 2 or 3 days worth of highschooler pocket money to get that.
Nattsun

JeromeTT wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

It's 4$ dude, it isn't much.
thats easy to say when you are...

[checks profile]

33 year old
I started working with 13, no excuses m8.

It is worth it if you want to compete with friends, it's more fun that way imo. Treat it as a donation feature or as a namechange for 4€. I bought it first for the name change, but I like the friend ranking way too much, that's why I will buy it again and again until I really quit w.
MasicoreLord
If you are a non-supporter reading this, I think the perks are worth every penny and more. I am not going to say how you should just support the game if you like it and all that mumbo jumbo (I know a lot of you weren't searching for that), just giving it from a paying for features perspective!
autoteleology

JeromeTT wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

It's 4$ dude, it isn't much.
thats easy to say when you are...

[checks profile]

33 year old
I have a hard time believing that. Taiga is way too retarded to be 33 years old

7ambda
Or just win giveaways/contests and shit
Disillusionz

[Taiga] wrote:

- using pirated server to gain access to direct is fucking illegal and bitching, dunno why peppy don't send DMCA over this shit
- bloodcat + outside soft to download beatmaps, well even if it is legal... not ethical

I didn't know either of those were actually things
7ambda

[Taiga] wrote:

Also, for me osu! is only one game worth supporting. Only mapping bullshit keeps me out of this :(
Dude, who the fuck cares? It's not like you get free access to those benefits on the main server. Besides, osu! is full of copyrighted music, so don't start suggesting shit about peppy sending DMCA.
I Give Up
It's only worth the first time so you get nice profile page and a free name change you can use once any time even after supporter expires.
-Makishima S-

F1r3tar wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

Dude, who the fuck cares? It's not like you get free access to those benefits on the main server. Besides, osu! is full of copyrighted music, so don't start suggesting shit about peppy sending DMCA.
And when certain studio doesn't want songs being in osu! - they send DMCA. Yet I am more to believe that many close eye on this particular case since whenever I use "osu! gameplay" in my osu! video with copyright strike, it gets taken down and my account is back to good standing.

DMCA over copyrighted music is not the same as DMCA for pirated server. Any [place name of well known pirated servers] should vanish in my opinion.
No, you don't direct for free in official server. What the fuck are you talking about?
autoteleology
I personally don't even see why peppy would care about a pirate server. That's less bandwidth he has to buy and no skin off his ass in any way. It's not like he owns any of the works.
-Makishima S-

Philosofikal wrote:

I personally don't even see why peppy would care about a pirate server. That's less bandwidth he has to buy and no skin off his ass in any way. It's not like he owns any of the works.
Server rights, client rights, osu! as trademark etc - all are peppy property.
By law you are not allowed to use official client to play on pirated servers.
By law you are not allowed to MAKE pirated servers since it breaks copyrights towards trademark and property towards online gaming as osu!