forum

[Archived] Cant find the name of intel icd driver, osu wont open

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CSB
So I'm running on a laptop with an i7 7700 hq, gtx 1060, and I can't open osu. Using either the intel graphics or the 1060, i get the error 'cant find the name of intel icd driver'. I copy the files from my hdd that I had on my old computer, and it will open, but at like 20fps and the input lag spikes to 50 and it's unplayable. After updating the error starts. All the graphics drivers are up to date. Holding shift does nothing, same error. Repair osu has the same error.
MrStealUrWaifu
Having the same error as well. Game will not run at all using the 1060. Game runs fine on the integrated graphics though.

Here's the error message if it helps:
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q6PBJobpCg_KZWiWZ6aPzVSJGOWIduAC7oM7dMf$AXWiV6Ruc0G$7g6cRXZroozDN.#=qPdyeEbNbI_lT7JXIPJLitQ==(Int32 #=qYm8BVLYiZQXOmaj_prjDTw==, Int32 #=qY5BS4ms6QzX5We966Px20w==, GraphicsContextFlags #=q$WOriA8F248bgiaeo2f62Q==)
at #=qIFt3941yhQDSrkNMdYGY8tXj1qOqULPv8CrrlAaf3dfuQ16v1Tt9koeT0jxOw$Ky.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qsiXc4dE9TipGEiSDYm3s$A==)
at #=qpUdkNIMC5mwq5zFOy8O16tOYjKGwPu3M49AOPtMnMhdwTdqGDV5PsOsLCjMdNu8b.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qsiXc4dE9TipGEiSDYm3s$A==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=qDLHXuqOjoEU_Mdfj11ysx2dOY0aDbkoi3TzX6IhO9Aw=.WndProc(Message& #=qxHPJmnh3V_lnc_B3_bWLnQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edit:
Turning off fullscreen through the .cfg file works, but hoping to find a fix.
Kujar3
Same issue, weird thing is I was playing just fine like 2 hours ago, I packed my laptop, opened it at home and Osu jumped at me with this error, looking around for solutions, found an old thread but nothing really seems to work.
There have been no windows updates
I attempted to download the latest drivers for my intel chip from my notebook manufacturer, didn't help
Tried running Osu through Nvidia GFX card, no help
Turning fullscreen on/off in config does nothing

I am at a loss at this moment.

E: Playing on Lenovo Y700 17isk
Intel Core i7 6700HQ Skylake
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB
Lacrimosa
Try rolling back your Intel Graphic drivers.
Kujar3

Nikosbks wrote:

Try rolling back your Intel Graphic drivers.
There were no Intel updates or any updates of any sort for me
Due to the nature of laptop chips, the manufacturers usually provide any updates, which I'd need to manualy download. I downloaded the drivers now just to make sure they're up to date, nothing happened.
Did a complete driver check-up on their website, there are 8 drivers with available updates, most are not relevant like Realtek HD Audio but downloading it all anyway just to be sure.
E: All drivers finished installing, before I restart installing the latest Nvidia Game Ready drivers, doubt it'll have anything to do with this but one never knows.
Lacrimosa

Kujar3 wrote:

There were no Intel updates or any updates of any sort for me.
Give it a try anyway and roll back your driver version.
  1. Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Expand Display Adapters
  3. Double-click on your Intel display device
  4. Select the Driver tab
  5. Click Roll Back Driver to restore
If the issue persists, or if there's no option to roll back the driver version, try installing this one.
Kujar3

Nikosbks wrote:

Kujar3 wrote:

There were no Intel updates or any updates of any sort for me.
Give it a try anyway and roll back your driver version.
  1. Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Expand Display Adapters
  3. Double-click on your Intel display device
  4. Select the Driver tab
  5. Click Roll Back Driver to restore
If the issue persists, or if there's no option to roll back the driver version, try installing this one.
Well I'll be... It rolled back to drivers from 2015, I've had 2016 drivers installed, it works now, what the hell O.o
Thank you kindly, wouldn't have tried otherwise. Wish there was a "thank this user" button like reddit gold or something :P
Lacrimosa

Kujar3 wrote:

Well I'll be... It rolled back to drivers from 2015, I've had 2016 drivers installed, it works now, what the hell O.o
Thank you kindly, wouldn't have tried otherwise. Wish there was a "thank this user" button like reddit gold or something :P
Hahaha, no problem! Have fun playing the game!