forum

[QUESTION] Getting a tablet or mechanical keyboard first?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gaming epic
Hi community

So, i have a question for you guys. What should i do? Get a tablet or a mechanical keyboard first? Or save up to get both of them at the same time?
I've been thinking about this for a couple of days, but i'm still not quite sure what to do.
I'll let you guys tell me.

Thanks already! ;)

Sincerely
Nxshio 8-)
Aurani
If you need to get one before the other, get the tablet so you can get used to it as quickly as possible.
Disillusionz
Definitely a tablet first, although they are both important.
Topic Starter
gaming epic
Thanks both!

Extra question: Is it true that with a mechanical keyboard streaming goes better/easier, however you wanna call it? I play with a laptop, wich of the keyboard sucks. The keys are about 2mm high, and its really hard to stream with those. I've been trying to stream with it and trying to get comfy on it for over a month now, but no succes.
Aurani
You could make it work with a wooden keyboard for all it's worth, but when you buy a mechanical one, you skip all the hard adjusting and work and make things outright easier for yourself.
The only, ONLY time the keyboard makes an actual difference in skill is if you're at the very top of the charts, so buy the keyboard only if you want to have a nicer one for all the other work past Osu, or if you really have money to burn and just want to make it easier to play the game.
Disillusionz
As Aurani said, it makes things easier. But it mainly depends on how much you are willing to invest into the game. I think it's a bit overkill to buy an entire mechanical keyboard for the sole puprose of playing osu, but you can get a cheaper keypad for under $25 with switches you like if you are willing to pay.
Sandy Hoey
Same goes for the tablet. If you are buying only to play osu!, you may want to reconsider. Neither are necessary or guaranteed to make you better, but there are lots of positive results
kai99
seriously though, these laptop keyboards make you suck at streaming and for me it hurt my hand because i've tensed it up too much.
though, it's not unplayable so I'd recommend you get a tablet first but if your hand starts to hurt, at least buy a cheap keyboard. for me a keyboard worth 30$ did the trick lol.
Topic Starter
gaming epic
Thanks all! I was planning to get a mechanical keyboard anyways, before i started playing osu. But i will get a tablet first, and a keyboard later on.

Thanks again. :D
Cnyan

Nxshio wrote:

Hi community

So, i have a question for you guys. What should i do? Get a tablet or a mechanical keyboard first? Or save up to get both of them at the same time?
I've been thinking about this for a couple of days, but i'm still not quite sure what to do.
I'll let you guys tell me.

Thanks already! ;)

Sincerely
Nxshio 8-)
Tablet why? Cuz you need to get aim first and it dont need to be a mechanical keyboard i have an ofice keyboard and i can stream 230 bpm lmao