forum

osu!lazer skin change?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aspynix
Okay hello guys,
I just have a quick question regarding the skin in osu!lazer. I just don't like it (I know a lot of people do though so don't hate me), I can't read it efficiently and the particles ruin my gameplay. Is there any way to change the skin or does anyone of you at least know when skin support is roughly going to be implemented? Thank you for all answers <3

Click on
legendary1107
[ Scarlet Red ]
Currently it's 100% a development build (as you probably know), so I don't think skin support is implemented currently. Skin support may not be implemented for months. I'd say when they're done making all the heavy changes, skin support may be a higher priority then. Sorry to say xD

Personally I like the skin, but it's definitely not going to be my go-to skin once it's fully released. I'm definitely changing it. However it's an improvement from our current default skin.
Full Tablet
Since the source code and the resources are available, you can already skin the client by modifying the resource files (though that requires rebuilding every time you do)
[ Scarlet Red ]

Full Tablet wrote:

Since the source code and the resources are available, you can already skin the client by modifying the resource files (though that requires rebuilding every time you do)

I figured something like this is possible. But from a consumer point of view I don't think they want to go through that much hassle xD
Topic Starter
Aspynix

Full Tablet wrote:

Can you tell me how to do this? lul
abraker

legendary1107 wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

Download the code from here, edit what you need, compile, and have fun.
nazzinoz

legendary1107 wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

You need a bit knowledge about programming, and do it with your own risk. Or just wait until lazer is officially released, it would be safer.
Kiciuk
You need a bit knowledge about programming

https://github.com/ppy/osu-resources/tr ... s/Textures
There you have textures.
Im not sure about hit numbers but i feel like peppy made them not as texture but rather like a font.
Gonzaalooo
I am sorry to say that you'll have to wait till lazer is fully released because it is not a high priority thing just yet. peppy actually implemented just the basics of the skins, and it is only for osu-standard for now. we will have to wait some months because there is plenty stuff to implement on osu lazer like the multiplayer or the full version of the editor, and I think that is a higher priority thing than skins.
UranoW
You can drag skin .osk files to !lazer
- Zuramaru -

UranoW wrote:

This thread was made a year ago, so this wasn’t possible at the time.
EmeryGrey

Krypto wrote:

UranoW wrote:

This thread was made a year ago, so this wasn’t possible at the time.

The problem with this is, the skin still doesn't show in game even though it says you've selected it
isntkek

Kiciuk wrote:

You need a bit knowledge about programming

https://github.com/ppy/osu-resources/tree/master/osu.Game.Resources/Textures
There you have textures.
Im not sure about hit numbers but i feel like peppy made them not as texture but rather like a font.

I think it is best to wait for the full release rather than programming/modifying the game`s files. You might need to reinstall osu!lazer.
[ Sagiri ]
People does anybody know how to remove a skin on osu!lazer plz help
FullM00n_old_1
it should port over you're skins from osu clint
dead1nsid3
you need to go into settings, then to maintenance, and then click on "import skins from stable"
Pouwythegreat

Chiroru- wrote:

People does anybody know how to remove a skin on osu!lazer plz help
Try to go to setting, then search 'skin'. And then press 'import skin from stable'