forum

TheFatRat - Monody (feat. Laura Brehm)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MusiTheProtogen
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:38:57 AM

Artist: TheFatRat
Title: Monody (feat. Laura Brehm)
BPM: 195.97
Filesize: 6971kb
Play Time: 02:14
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4.09 stars, 329 notes)
  2. Musixiem's Easy (1.46 stars, 85 notes)
  3. Musixiem's Normal (0.53 stars, 5 notes)
Download: TheFatRat - Monody (feat. Laura Brehm)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
"Here we stand open arms
This is home where we are
Ever strong in the world that we made
I still hear you in the breeze
See your shadows in the trees
Holding on memories never change"

5/4/2021 Update: Haii! This project isn't dead anymore! I'm working on retiming the whole thing, since I was really dumb about it the first go! Gonna get that done first, then rework and make the difficulties! <3

Favorite it if you enjoy!
Dahu
Hi! I saw your map in #osu and I wanted to check it out and mod it. Plus I love the song so yea ><. Also I need kudos ;)
General
If you use the beat snap divisor of 1/4 in the editor, I may be a lot easier to map the song here, as there is no irregular or weird rhythms as far as i can see :D

Musixiem's Normal
I see that this diff isn't really finished yet, but I do have some suggestions on how you could progress with it. :)
00:17:403 (1) - I think that this first object should be placed like this because the song's rhythm emphasizes the blue and white ticks here

00:18:647 (3) - I think that this should be a slider, similar to 00:17:403 (1) -, because the same sound in the song is played. Also, for normals the ranking criteria states that , so this object here should be placed something like this . Remember this in future mapping of this Normal Diff!

00:17:939 (2) - ^^Same overlap here with slider before this circle

Musixiem's Easy
This diff is also not finished, but I can give some advice on how to progress and some changes. :)
00:18:016 (1) - The sliders from here to 00:25:555 (1) - overlap somewhat, so once again the ranking criteria comes into play ><. These sliders do this thing well. The overlapping is prominent throughout the map, so I would look over the placements of your objects again to make sure they are easily readable!

Also, what you could do to make the sliders more visually appealing is to make them have red anchors like this

00:28:043 (2) - New Combo here(NC), Also the song is following this rhythm, so you should add a circle after 00:29:306 (4) - to better reflect the song.

00:53:876 (1) - After this there should be a circle like this , it fits the music better in my opinion. Also, with sliders like this 00:56:100 (1) - should be flipped to be like this . It's easier for new players if they don't have to jump all the way back to the top of the screen, so make sure to keep this in mind going forward!

Insane
I really like this zig zag type of mapping! I think that the concepts in this diff are cool 8-)
00:24:912 (6) - These circles here should be farther apart from the previous one, because of the gap in music. This(If I remember correctly) is called Time Distance Equality, and something like this might work. For more info about rhythm and Time Distance Equality, I would check out Pishifat's videos like thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1_HRo-lWWI&list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx&index=3

00:52:685 (22) - The stream here should look something like this or any variation of this shape that you think would be good. The build up is pretty intense, so if you are going for a stream here I would make it more spaced out and curved to show intensity :)
Good luck! I can't wait to see how you map progresses :D
Topic Starter
MusiTheProtogen

Doug China wrote:

Hi! I saw your map in #osu and I wanted to check it out and mod it. Plus I love the song so yea ><. Also I need kudos ;)
General
If you use the beat snap divisor of 1/4 in the editor, I may be a lot easier to map the song here, as there is no irregular or weird rhythms as far as i can see :D

Insane
I really like this zig zag type of mapping! I think that the concepts in this diff are cool 8-)
00:24:912 (6) - These circles here should be farther apart from the previous one, because of the gap in music. This(If I remember correctly) is called Time Distance Equality, and something like this might work. For more info about rhythm and Time Distance Equality, I would check out Pishifat's videos like thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1_HRo-lWWI&list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx&index=3

00:52:685 (22) - The stream here should look something like this or any variation of this shape that you think would be good. The build up is pretty intense, so if you are going for a stream here I would make it more spaced out and curved to show intensity :)
Good luck! I can't wait to see how you map progresses :D
Thanks for the feedback! This definitely helps set a guideline for where I'm headed!

[Insane] Insane difficulty updated with suggested changes! 06/14/17 @14:38
LastingLongbow
Going to try my hand at modding here. There's a first time for everything and I love this song.

In general, easy and normal maps are developing well. Can't wait to see how they flesh out. You might want to adjust your grid, though, since there's a lot of space between gridlines right now (View -> Grid Level) and maybe (in easy difficulty)
move 01:06:747 (8) - two gridlines further to the right. It'll be easier to see and maintain the spacing between hit objects.

Insane
My skill level is right around two-star maps, so my advice here is purely tempo mistakes and finding patterns.

00:18:751 (3) - Shorten to one beat. (white tick to white tick) Right now it's between notes.
00:33:057 (7) - 00:34:311 (9) - Perhaps move these a little further up from the end of the previous sliders to maintain the spacing pattern you've set up so far.
00:50:228 (9) - I recommend shortening this slider by 2 - 1/6th beats (to the first purple tick after the red tick) and adding a circle where the end of the slider used to be (place at time 0:50:509), since including 00:49:667 (6) - implies that you want to record all the drum hits in this section of the song. The other option is to delete 00:49:667 (6) - and add some sliders to replicate the previous pattern of hit objects.
00:57:668 (12) - move a 1/6th beat later to match the music.
00:57:949 (13) - same as above ^
01:01:459 (5) - extend a 1/6th beat to end on a note.
01:02:020 (7) - same as above ^
01:02:442 (8) - move a 1/6th beat later to match the music.
01:06:934 (1) - same as above ^
01:07:355 (2) - extend a 1/6th beat to end on a note.
01:34:309 (1) - Entire combo needs to move 1/6 beat earlier

Those are my suggestions for timing. I hope they serve you well!
Topic Starter
MusiTheProtogen

LastingLongbow wrote:

Going to try my hand at modding here. There's a first time for everything and I love this song.

In general, easy and normal maps are developing well. Can't wait to see how they flesh out. You might want to adjust your grid, though, since there's a lot of space between gridlines right now (View -> Grid Level) and maybe (in easy difficulty)
move 01:06:747 (8) - two gridlines further to the right. It'll be easier to see and maintain the spacing between hit objects.

Insane
My skill level is right around two-star maps, so my advice here is purely tempo mistakes and finding patterns.

00:18:751 (3) - Shorten to one beat. (white tick to white tick) Right now it's between notes.
00:33:057 (7) - 00:34:311 (9) - Perhaps move these a little further up from the end of the previous sliders to maintain the spacing pattern you've set up so far.
00:50:228 (9) - I recommend shortening this slider by 2 - 1/6th beats (to the first purple tick after the red tick) and adding a circle where the end of the slider used to be (place at time 0:50:509), since including 00:49:667 (6) - implies that you want to record all the drum hits in this section of the song. The other option is to delete 00:49:667 (6) - and add some sliders to replicate the previous pattern of hit objects.
00:57:668 (12) - move a 1/6th beat later to match the music.
00:57:949 (13) - same as above ^
01:01:459 (5) - extend a 1/6th beat to end on a note.
01:02:020 (7) - same as above ^
01:02:442 (8) - move a 1/6th beat later to match the music.
01:06:934 (1) - same as above ^
01:07:355 (2) - extend a 1/6th beat to end on a note.
01:34:309 (1) - Entire combo needs to move 1/6 beat earlier

Those are my suggestions for timing. I hope they serve you well!
Thank you so much for the timing feedback! Timing for this song is a bit weird. I guess I have to jump back and forth and really make sure the beats land well.

[Insane] Insane difficulty has been adjusted, and a new segment/s added.
[Easy] Easy difficulty has been adjusted, and a majority of the song is complete.
[Normal] No new adjustments. :(
06/14/17 @ 22:06

Edit: Thank you for the two that have submitted feedback. I really use feedback to try and improve my maps not only for those giving critique, but also to attempt and get it submitted, so everyone has a chance to try it out! So please! You're feedback is important for the progression and improvement of the map!
iLaskee
INSANE

There is this one slider that annoys me, because it should be one standard hitcircle where the slider starts out:
Also, this part is annoying to me, because its a bit off, as it should be a slider THEN a hitcircle when the last slider selected ends:
Also there is this, bit, which such should be replaced by smooth singles, not doubles, so its leading up to the stream.
Speaking about the stream, it has its fault. Its not as clean As it can be. try making it a bit more "curvy"

Thats what I have
I only Help with insane Cause im good at mappping that difficulty.
pavpab
Hi! Let's see if I can help with something here!

TIMING
Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you but your timing is SO off, I'm not gonna post all the bpm and offsets (there are several BPM variations), so here's a picture:
https://gyazo.com/2532f0576daa0a25c3952ffabacca0ce
Red Lines are BPM changes, and Green Lines are the points were Kiai Times switch.

Without a propper timing the map itself isn't goint to fit the song, so I suggest you to remap it (REALLY SORRY ;_;)

PS: Timing picture in URL cuz rip img code.
pavpab
btw I don't want to edit last post 88888888888888888888 times so I'm just gonna add it here: You don't need to add your name to a difficulty you have done if it's you own map. Keep that for guest mappers
Topic Starter
MusiTheProtogen

CutEddie wrote:

Hi! Let's see if I can help with something here!

TIMING
Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you but your timing is SO off, I'm not gonna post all the bpm and offsets (there are several BPM variations), so here's a picture:
https://gyazo.com/2532f0576daa0a25c3952ffabacca0ce
Red Lines are BPM changes, and Green Lines are the points were Kiai Times switch.

Without a propper timing the map itself isn't goint to fit the song, so I suggest you to remap it (REALLY SORRY ;_;)

PS: Timing picture in URL cuz rip img code.
Well I guess I just don't know how to time this song. I might as well go with some more steady BPMs.
Sorry then...
Tronald
nice job my dude. i would sugggest just deleting the easy modes and work on making insane more diverse in its sequences
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.