forum

Mili - DK

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Verissan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 11:29:35 PM

Artist: Mili
Title: DK
Source: Hue
Tags: japanese electronic synth
BPM: 142
Filesize: 3361kb
Play Time: 02:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2.75 stars, 183 notes)
Download: Mili - DK
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
combo colours / background is temporary, will update when Mili uploads her official music video background.
LimePixel
NM request.

(If you're planning on ranking this, you need a full spread of difficulties)

[Normal]
First of all, check AiMod. Some stuff isn't snapped to the timeline.

-01:22:757 (9) - I don't suggest using the same shape as before.
-01:54:024 (3) - I suggest using something similar to 01:52:334 (3) here.
-Starting from 01:54:447 (1) until 02:04:587 (1) there are only sliders. Add a few circles because following the Ranking Criteria, slider only sections should be avoided.

Sorry for the short mod but this map is really well done, there's nothing more to change. I love the use of slider shapes to convey the emotion of the song.
CucumberCuc
Hi

[General]
Add diff name
Add tags
Remove Widescreen support
Add one more diff(If you wanted to have just one difficulty in your map, then you'd have to choose a card from 05:00+ duration)
HP6 it's not good for normal, lowering this value
AR8,5 ^
OD7 ^

[Normal]
Check AiMod(ctrl+shift+a)
00:43:460 (8,1) i think it's far
00:59:305 put break?
01:02:686 ^
01:12:615 (5) maybe ctrl+g?
01:10:925 - 01:24:446 you can put green TP's

Good map :)
StarMatsu
Overall Problems:
  1. Check Aimod
  2. The combo colors look off
  3. (1) is the only one I have a problem with.

4. Idk if you based the colors of this background or not, but I think a good idea would be to use (2) (3) and (4) for the lighter sections.
    And use darker versions of these and (6) for the kiai/deeper sections. (I liked what you did with using the darker colors only in kiai sections)

Map Problems
00:15:151 (1) - For these slower sections I would suggest spacing this farther from the last note. With it so close I feel like one could still think it's going at the same pace
00:25:292 (1) - ^

02:06:806 (1) - Too short of a spinner

In general this map is great, I would space out sections with slow paced sliders as to warn the player of change, but overall very good.

Hope this helped and goodluck on your map
Topic Starter
Verissan
Thanks for the mods everyone!

LimePixel wrote:

mod
I've removed the snapping problems from AiMod.

01:22:757 (9) I've tried to create some sort of flower motif with the sliders, with that slider representing the style/stigma. So that's why I used the same shape as before (to keep with the flower theme)
01:54:024 (3) I first had this part similar to 01:52:334 (3) you mentioned, but this second chorus is has slight changes so I couldn't fit the slow velocity slider like before. If I had it similar to 01:52:334 (3), then that slider end would be at a very strong sound, which I should avoid doing.

CucumberCuc wrote:

mod mod
I've fixed a lot of general issues!
I'll be adding another difficulty once I'm fully happy with this one.

00:43:460 (8,1) I do agree, I've changed the spacing so that it properly represents the weaker sound with a lower spacing.
00:59:305 Not too sure on the break at this part, since the criteria doesn't recommend very short breaks. Due to the low HP drain, I found that it wasn't much of an issue while playing (and the short breaks would be very distracting)
01:10:925 - 01:24:446 What do you suggest doing with the green timing points?

StarMatsu wrote:

mod mod mod
The combo colours are just temporary for now, since Mili's official background image for this song hasn't been released yet.
Once it gets released, I'll be using that image then I'll change the combo colours to fit better with it.

02:06:806 (1) I don't think it's too short, it's well above the criteria of a spinner being long enough for Autoplay to get +1000 score on it.
FiddleBlue
Hello there! I never really heard of this Mili track. Also, NM, I guess.

General
  1. I don't really see the point of putting Mili, Dk and Hue on the "tags", I mean they're already on the artist, title and source.
  2. I see that you're using combo colors in a more advance way. But, using black as a combo color is a huge unrankable decision. Players may use a fully dimmed background and when the kiai hits, they may not see the black circles/sliders and approach circle. So I suggest you change it.
  3. 02:05:855 (1) - This blue combo color feels random lol. How about using the white color there and put 02:05:010 (1) - as a red color?
Hard
  1. 00:28:672 (1,1) - I don't really think that the second slider is really centered. :/
  2. 01:22:545 (7,8,9) - Maybe make this as a different slider shape instead of copying the one before since both sounds are different.
  3. 01:32:052 (2) - Perhaps making this to two circles instead as the vocal here is different than 01:31:207 (1) - .
  4. 01:35:433 (2) - ^

Good Luck!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.