forum

Display overall rank for songs completed on all difficulties

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Hyperworm
Just a minor feature request, but I thought it'd be quite nice to have the option to display a rank next to songs you've beaten on all difficulties, computed as either the worst rank or average rank(<-how would this be defined?) of the individual difficulties.
(1. This rank could be computed on the client and wouldn't need to be used for anything stats-wise.)
(2. Semi-related, "Sort/Group by Rank" might also be a good addition.)

The idea is to be able to keep the beatmaps compacted (i.e. not display every difficulty for every beatmap in the list) but still be able to tell at a glance which songs need practising. I'd leave it on all the time. It's wasted space at the minute really.

If it's computed by average, it might be worth putting slight transparency (or other distinguishing visual effect) on the averaged ranks to indicate that they're "ghost ranks" (they don't actually exist, you didn't necessarily achieve them in any difficulty), so that people don't get as confused when they open a rank B song to find A-A-C beatmaps.

I hope it would be pretty easy to implement.

(Thanks for the hard work, peppy, and everyone else in any way involved with osu! :))
Gemi
I thought about this earlier, but then decided to forget about it for the moment.

Instead of showing the average I'd recommend showing the range of the ranks, for example A-SS.