forum

Any tips to get better for someone without a lot of time?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bishamonten
Hi, I was searching around the forums for how to improve fairly quickly in osu and the general consensus seems to be : fuck you kid play more.
Being a high school student and having a part-time job, I don't really have the option to "play more". Any tips to improve?
Sandy Hoey
Play as much as you can or are willing to
KupcaH
Quit w
Find another game. You cannot get "gud" without playing more.
Or you can simply play and enjoy game.
N0thingSpecial
Bruh when u read the title I'm thinking "this guy must be having a serious sickness and he only has a short amount of time to live"

Idk I also have a job, I don't have major improvement nowadays but every time I play I feel like I'm improving ever so slightly. So fuck you kid play more
Endaris
As long as you can rack up 500 playcount per month you can probably improve for several months before you have to invest more time.
Upskirt
Create a method that suits you, focusing on improving while having fun is your best chance at getting "good" quick.
AncuL
how fast people improve is related to genetics so if you're lucky then you might progress faster. but if not then everything mentioned above might be correct

also stop focusing on map you can easily FC and instead go play harder maps. if you atleast get 96% then the map might be a bit too easy and you probably gotta find harder maps
Disillusionz

MaxNightcore wrote:

Hi, I was searching around the forums for how to improve fairly quickly in osu and the general consensus seems to be : fuck you kid play more.
Being a high school student and having a part-time job, I don't really have the option to "play more". Any tips to improve?

fuck you kid play more.
Wishes
What I recommend is: divide your playing time into two parts. One part where you try to beat maps that are really challenging/fast for you, that are on the edge of what you can handle/read (turn on no fail if needed). Then the other part playing songs that are easy to build consistency. If you keep playing only within your comfort zone it takes a lot longer to improve. Also try not to play the same maps multiple times and try different maps all the time, as this helps you deal with more of a variety of maps.
Sandy Hoey

PocketSizedMiku wrote:

What I recommend is: divide your playing time into two parts. One part where you try to beat maps that are really challenging/fast for you, that are on the edge of what you can handle/read (turn on no fail if needed). Then the other part playing songs that are easy to build consistency. If you keep playing only within your comfort zone it takes a lot longer to improve. Also try not to play the same maps multiple times and try different maps all the time, as this helps you deal with more of a variety of maps.
Please don't play maps that you need no fail to complete. Challenging map are good. Not THAT challenging though
Disillusionz

Sandy Hoey wrote:

PocketSizedMiku wrote:

Please don't play maps that you need no fail to complete. Challenging map are good. Not THAT challenging though

^
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

Quit w
Weird. Some people were in the top100 within a year :-)
[ Scarlet Red ]
Personally, I don't think you should focus on improving. Just focus on playing maps you think are fun. That's what I do and I feel it is time spent wisely.
KupcaH

Cirno9 wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Quit w
Weird. Some people were in the top100 within a year :-)
"Were"
Now it's impossible to get in top100 with a year.
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

Vaxei :^)

Well, pointless to discuss about this tho. You can git guud in no time, but those people are the exception. Tryharding ain't fun anyway, real men play ar7 for fun.
KupcaH

Cirno9 wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Vaxei :^)

Well, pointless to discuss about this tho. You can git guud in no time, but those people are the exception. Tryharding ain't fun anyway, real men play ar7 for fun.
"Now"
Back then 5k pp was already 3digit. Now you need 7300pp to get in top 1000.
So now it's impossible to get to top100 in one year. Even if you're talented af person.
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

So now it's impossible to get to top100 in one year. Even if you're talented af person.
Vaxei
KupcaH

Cirno9 wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Vaxei
Vaxei got 9545pp in one year? (I thought he had less pp in first year)
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

He was top50 after 1year and a few months, back in January 2k16. It's probably less than 9545pp, but hey, apparently it was possible last year, why can't a blessed 11 yo with touchscreen become top100 in less time :^)
KupcaH

Cirno9 wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

He was top50 after 1year and a few months, back in January 2k16. It's probably less than 9545pp, but hey, apparently it was possible last year, why can't a blessed 11 yo with touchscreen become top100 in less time :^)
I meant that "requirements" for top 100 increased, so I don't think that there will be blessed enough guy who'll be able to get to top100 in one year.
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

I meant that "requirements" for top 100 increased, so I don't think that there will be blessed enough guy who'll be able to get to top100 in one year.
I got you the first time already, but I am convinced that there will be another asian kid who will just do it.
I Give Up
You need a lot of time to get better. There is no such thing as a good player that only practised 10 maps a day.