the grand edict: rules of Off-Topic (read before posting)

posted
Total Posts
399
show more
DJ Enetro
Well you were exiled so, not too much of a surprise
DaddyCoolVipper
I think OT has gotten a lot better because of the rule change.

People would spam shitloads of threads every day, and most of them were not even worth clicking on at all. Now there's less threads, and the ones that do exist are a lot less shit. No lock sprees needed either.
B1rd
There are less shit threads because there are less threads. You don't have to go through the inconvenience of scrolling through some threads at the cost of everyone else not being able to post what they like.
DaddyCoolVipper
Once every 24 hours

You're so dramatic about this it's unbearable
B1rd
And that's not the only rule. It includes anything deemed to be "too silly" or "too serious".
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
you've always been at the whim of my decisions as to what is silly and serious, nothing is new in that regard
DaddyCoolVipper
Exactly, that's basically why so many threads got locked in the first place. The 1 thread/day limit is pretty much the only real change, imo
B1rd

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Exactly, that's basically why so many threads got locked in the first place. The 1 thread/day limit is pretty much the only real change, imo
How can you still suck up to the mods when half of the things you talk about would be banned if the rules were enforced to their full extent. Threads were randomly locked in the past, but it was definitely far from systematic.

Ephemeral wrote:

you've always been at the whim of my decisions as to what is silly and serious, nothing is new in that regard
I know, mods like you have always come into OT randomly and caused problems at arbitrary whims. Do you actually think you're helping anything, or are you just doing it for the fun of it?
DaddyCoolVipper
Probably because I know the rules aren't enforced to their full extent.
B1rd
How absurd. You want rules to stop people whom you don't like from posting, even if the rules will stop you from posting, but you just assume that they won't affect you for some reason.
DJ Enetro

B1rd wrote:

You want rules to stop people whom you don't like from posting,
Can you provide solid evidence of this?
DaddyCoolVipper
I'm completely fine with people only posting one thread per day regardless of who they are. I'm also fine with absolutely no politically-based threads being created anymore.

All of my political discussion is kept to ITT, where moderation is obviously going to occur more loosely, regardless of who you are.

What was the point of those assertions there, B1rd?
B1rd
I really don't care what rights you would give away, some men just like to lick the boot of authority. What I'm more concerned about it the posting rights of myself and everyone else.
DaddyCoolVipper
Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic over a forum having basic rules lol
DJ Enetro
Well B1rd you have unlimited thread posting but 1-a-day thread creating.

Maybe you want to make exceptions and modify for people who legit post quality? That's just my thoughts
Foxtrot
No exceptions. It would be unfair to the rest of the users.
Zheng Jiang
If people are too autistic and fail to simply use common sense as the rules, specific rules to counter their retarded behaviors need to be set.
DJ Enetro
One a day... reminds me of those medicinal pills lmao

Remember now, OT is an experiment, the edicts and what users do are the liquids and instructions to mix

Zain Sugieres wrote:

If people are too autistic and fail to simply use common sense as the rules, specific rules to counter their retarded behaviors need to be set.
This is why I made this.
abraker
@Ephemeral: Requesting to have thread posting slots similar to beatmapping. More good threads = less waiting time. What do you say?
DaddyCoolVipper

abraker wrote:

@Ephemeral: Requesting to have thread posting slots similar to beatmapping. More good threads = less waiting time. What do you say?
wtf are you talking about
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply