forum

[resolved] Random lag spike/roll back in osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Admax
Hello there,

Problem Details:
I'm experiencing random lag spikes/roll back in osu!mania, be it at the beginning, middle or end of a song (even in the song selection screen sometimes), the audio lags and the notes do to.

I tried plenty of things, many tweaks in the options, installing osu on another hard drive, graphic drivers are up to date. I also tried different skins, no difference.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Here's a little video of the problem (you can even see me rage quitting at the end... well almost, since we are here forever :P )

You can see it at the very beginning of the second try and during the third try just before I quit.

FIXED LAG SPIKES BY TURNING MY NVIDIA 3D QUALITY TO PERFORMANCE. They didn't reappear after I turned it back to quality.

See this thread : p/671150

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)
GTX 970
i5-3570
WD10
Venix
Try to disable video.
Topic Starter
Admax
I just tried that, it doesn't do anything :/ The game even do those kinds of stutters in the menu (welcoming screen and song selection screen) you can hear that with the audio.
Thanks for the answer btw, I was loosing all hope
Alysia_old_1
Hopefully this should help: p/671150
Full Tablet
Does the problem still happen if you remove or rename the mp3 file inside the map's folder?
Topic Starter
Admax

Alysia wrote:

Hopefully this should help: p/671150
I tried to play a bit with the NVIDIA 3D to Perfomance and no problem so far, I turned back on the Quality mode afterward there is surprisingly no lag so far either... I'll try to play around with those settings if the problem comes back.

Full Tablet wrote:

Does the problem still happen if you remove or rename the mp3 file inside the map's folder?
That's an interesting idea, unfortunately, as I say just above, no lag yet so I can't test that. If it comes back I'll definitely test this.

Thank for you answers, the issue is solved so far, I'll update after playing some more to be sure everything's fine :)

Thanks again everyone :oops:
Retrayia
What are your nvidia settings? I'm trying to fix this issue and one of the first things I wanna change are my nvidia settings. If you have any pictures of your settings please send them because it would help me!
Death

Retrayia wrote:

What are your nvidia settings? I'm trying to fix this issue and one of the first things I wanna change are my nvidia settings. If you have any pictures of your settings please send them because it would help me!
If you are experiencing this issue right at the beginning of a map, check to make sure your Universal offset is set to 0 in osu!'s settings first. Otherwise, there is a dedicated thread for stuttering issues here: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/774159

If you are still having issues, please make a new thread instead. This one is a year old (also they already mentioned which nvidia setting they changed).