forum

Can't find out beat no matter what

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Vosarey]
Well the basic problem is in the subject, no matter what beatmap I listen to I always ask myself "What in the actual world, why are there now to 2 circles, oh I understand that slider, waait why is there a stream I can't here any beat responding to this"
Am I just too stupid, is there anyone who had similiar problems and how did you fix this. Shit there are probably other people with that problem do you just learn to differentiate the beat or am I just unable to focus on it? Like take Snake Eyes I get some notes and then I just ask myself wtf, not because its fast.. Im probably just unable to focus on one thing :cry: send help
I hope this is the right forum for this ^^
Sandy Hoey
As you play harder beatmaps, mappers start elaborating on the beat/vocals of a song because your can only get so complicated with a abasic beat.
Topic Starter
[Vosarey]

Sandy Hoey wrote:

start elaborating on the beat/vocals.
But like how are you then supposed to play this as a rhytm game and not just trying to read the beatmap as fast as possible and more like, how are people then able to play HD?
otoed1
Playmore.
green tea

[Vosarey] wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

start elaborating on the beat/vocals.
But like how are you then supposed to play this as a rhytm game and not just trying to read the beatmap as fast as possible and more like, how are people then able to play HD?
They play HD the same way they play nomod: reading the beatmap, hittin' the circles. Don't overthink things too much, if you're telling yourself 'This shouldn't be like x, it should be like y' then you obviously won't be able to read it as well or even catch on to it's rhythm. You might need to take some steps back and just look at things with a different perspective.

Don't restrict yourself to how you think the beat of the song sounds. The intricacies of the patterns will only increase with difficulty - questioning them like that will have you walking in circles, simply learn to read and play them.
Topic Starter
[Vosarey]

Kyol wrote:

Don't restrict yourself to how you think the beat of the song sounds. The intricacies of the patterns will only increase with difficulty - questioning them like that will have you walking in circles, simply learn to read and play them.
This is a great tip but I still its not like I think it shouldnt be there for me there is just nothing they mapped it to. Like not emptiness but nothing who keeps in track with that.
Full Tablet
For most songs, you can easily hear the main beat.

By listening to the music, you can set a "metronome" inside your mind that ticks 2 or 4 times faster than the main beat (in many cases, there are instruments that play at this multiple of the beat already). For most songs, all notes you have to play fall on those ticks.
Topic Starter
[Vosarey]

Full Tablet wrote:

For most songs, you can easily hear the main beat.

By listening to the music, you can set a "metronome" inside your mind that ticks 2 or 4 times faster than the main beat (in many cases, there are instruments that play at this multiple of the beat already). For most songs, all notes you have to play fall on those ticks.
Ah, so I basically just have to focus on the fastest instrument/create it in my mind and then ignore the ones where there is no circle and hit the right ones on the beat I created/which is the fastest. Sounds pretty simple when I think back at it :D
Thank you all ^-^
KupcaH
You'll get it with time. At least I've got it.
Nattsun
Just pretend that you are part of an orchestra. You don't play all instruments at once (obviously) and you stick to one instrument. That's where the mapper comes in and maps the circles to one "instrument", you don't follow everything, you just follow the main beat. Once you get the hang of it you will have lots of fun, I promise.