forum

Sigh - Equale

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 6:47:57 PM

Artist: Sigh
Title: Equale
Tags: black extreme metal rock streams jumps in somniphobia
BPM: 106
Filesize: 9848kb
Play Time: 05:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. All Is Vanity (6.47 stars, 1458 notes)
Download: Sigh - Equale
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Equale I) Prelude II) Fugato III) Coda
Nothing but a farce,
Nothing but a one-night dream,
Or should I say nightmare,
We know it,
All of us,
Seto Kousuke

hi hi from the 7x1 queue

the mod
  1. 00:09:029 (4) - that really wasn't a good idea, putting that strong sound on middle of the slider...if you want to follow the guitar at this point I highly suggest you move this 4 to 00:09:171 - and place a single note on the blue tick...you get to follow the guitar and still have the right feedback for the clap. (you need to delete 00:09:595 (1) - for this fix to work)
  2. 00:12:001 (1) - same thing here...that won't work because the rythm and HS you gave the logic are really different to what you suddenly change to map...but here I don't know how you can have an easy fix..i suggest changing this for something to give the proper feedback for that sound...it's really confusing and can even take the player out of rythm when this happens
  3. 00:18:086 (3) - same...i'll stop repeating myself now...I suggest you decide what you want to map, if it's the drum sounds or the guitar and then use proper hitsounds for your choice ^^
  4. 00:26:435 (2,3) - overkill DS, make it consistent with the other one 00:35:492 (2,3) - , with that DS is even stronger than what the music feels like at this point
  5. 00:53:605 (3,4,1) - that's a really harsh angle...I highly suggest you lower this angle (specially because you used a high DS with 00:53:605 (3,4) - when in the future when the song is more elaborated you used a lower DS, making it inconsistent but okay)
  6. cutting the mod here because after looking at the whole map i realized you only have 1 big issue, which is the DS choice...it's really inconsistent because sometimes you explode an overkill like 01:17:095 (1,2) - while in the same segment you have stuff like 01:12:425 (7,1,2,3) -
  7. also have some reading trolls like 02:15:820 (1,2,3,4) - which you should fix because it's a huge break of structure logic and making the reading harder for no apparent reason
  8. You seem to have some confusing rythm choices too because of stuff like 02:09:169 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - that teaches the player one thing and then you overmap other randomly like 02:17:801 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - making the whole structure logic inconsistent
  9. 02:34:075 (1) - from this section until next kiai you have many DS/readability issues...making lots of scary reading traps out of nowhere like 02:34:499 (4,1) - where you obviously place them looking like a constant 1/2 (just like you did every other time in the map so far with visuals like this) and 02:35:207 (1,3,4,2,1) - which is an even worse trap because there are 2 confusing changes of rythm on the DS...this entire section looks confusing and inconsistent because you did the ''correct one'' 02:38:886 (4,5,1) - in the middle of all of this...so making the confusing spacing even more random
  10. If for some reason you disagree with my previous statement, here's a proff that this section looks entirely inconsistent: On this transition 02:42:707 (1) - you clearly showed the player how now is a more constant clicking and the song also shows it...but out of nowhere again you did 02:46:952 (3,1) - with the same confusing DS and clicking gap...
  11. same thing happens here 03:44:264 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - and those 3 triplets have the exact same DS between them, but they're played differently (in terms of clicking time) same here 03:45:396 (6,1,2,3,4,5,1) - which results in random 100s (and even 50s or misses)

and that's it...the only major thing is that the DS on the map is highly inconsistent, appart from that some angles are nice, and you have some good sliders...but the DS inconsistency is really high >w<

:P
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr

Seto Kousuke wrote:

hi hi from the 7x1 queue

the mod
  1. 00:09:029 (4) - that really wasn't a good idea, putting that strong sound on middle of the slider...if you want to follow the guitar at this point I highly suggest you move this 4 to 00:09:171 - and place a single note on the blue tick...you get to follow the guitar and still have the right feedback for the clap. (you need to delete 00:09:595 (1) - for this fix to work) - Fixed but didn't remove the circle after the slider.
  2. 00:12:001 (1) - same thing here...that won't work because the rythm and HS you gave the logic are really different to what you suddenly change to map...but here I don't know how you can have an easy fix..i suggest changing this for something to give the proper feedback for that sound...it's really confusing and can even take the player out of rythm when this happens Fixed
  3. 00:18:086 (3) - same...i'll stop repeating myself now...I suggest you decide what you want to map, if it's the drum sounds or the guitar and then use proper hitsounds for your choice ^^ Fairo, I changed it up a bit hopefully that's all good.
  4. 00:26:435 (2,3) - overkill DS, make it consistent with the other one 00:35:492 (2,3) - , with that DS is even stronger than what the music feels like at this point Fixed
  5. 00:53:605 (3,4,1) - that's a really harsh angle...I highly suggest you lower this angle (specially because you used a high DS with 00:53:605 (3,4) - when in the future when the song is more elaborated you used a lower DS, making it inconsistent but okay) Removed the angle all together. I suppose it wasn't really needed.
  6. cutting the mod here because after looking at the whole map i realized you only have 1 big issue, which is the DS choice...it's really inconsistent because sometimes you explode an overkill like 01:17:095 (1,2) - while in the same segment you have stuff like 01:12:425 (7,1,2,3) - Yeah fair enough. I can understand that. I'll look over the map and try ensure consistency.
  7. also have some reading trolls like 02:15:820 (1,2,3,4) - which you should fix because it's a huge break of structure logic and making the reading harder for no apparent reason This'll be fixed to the best of my ability.
  8. You seem to have some confusing rythm choices too because of stuff like 02:09:169 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - that teaches the player one thing and then you overmap other randomly like 02:17:801 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - making the whole structure logic inconsistent I can understand what you're getting at but I really don't know how to feel about this. My hit circles are following the piano and there is clearly a piano note being played at 02:18:084 (as well as the other sections like it). I could remove this but then the piano being played without a circle to match it just doesn't sit well with me. However, I'm no expert at mapping, so if that's something that'll just have to be done, so be it.
  9. 02:34:075 (1) - from this section until next kiai you have many DS/readability issues...making lots of scary reading traps out of nowhere like 02:34:499 (4,1) - where you obviously place them looking like a constant 1/2 (just like you did every other time in the map so far with visuals like this) and 02:35:207 (1,3,4,2,1) - which is an even worse trap because there are 2 confusing changes of rythm on the DS...this entire section looks confusing and inconsistent because you did the ''correct one'' 02:38:886 (4,5,1) - in the middle of all of this...so making the confusing spacing even more random Sorry i don't entirely understand this... I messed around with the patterns a bit, giving different spacing between patterns. Hopefully that solved the problem. Once again, sorry for my uncertainty.
  10. If for some reason you disagree with my previous statement, here's a proff that this section looks entirely inconsistent: On this transition 02:42:707 (1) - you clearly showed the player how now is a more constant clicking and the song also shows it...but out of nowhere again you did 02:46:952 (3,1) - with the same confusing DS and clicking gap... [b]I fixed the gap.
  11. same thing happens here 03:44:264 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - and those 3 triplets have the exact same DS between them, but they're played differently (in terms of clicking time) same here 03:45:396 (6,1,2,3,4,5,1) - which results in random 100s (and even 50s or misses) Okay, I believe I've fixed this by adding more emphasis in spacing between different clicking patterns. Hope this works.

and that's it...the only major thing is that the DS on the map is highly inconsistent, appart from that some angles are nice, and you have some good sliders...but the DS inconsistency is really high >w<

:P
:D

Thank you very much for the mod, it's greatly appreciated. Alas, my understanding of how to fix a lot of these problems is limited, but I've done what I can. But of course that's why I wanted the mods: to learn and practice. Once again, thanks a lot for the mod!
Seto Kousuke
Feel free to request any other mod in the future in case I'm open in the queue, you can also state that you want a special irc mod, so I can give your better details about issues and how to fix them :D
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.