forum

Having trouble with anything above 4 stars

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Heylith
The most basic tip that I can give myself is to play more maps, but I feel like I have trouble finding songs within my level. I've tried tillerino, which helps with reading and pp gain but not for improving on higher difficulties. Streams are especially the most frustrating thing since they kill my health leading to a fail. Should I be using HD/DT on maps I can play to hone my skills?
Sandy Hoey
Maybe you're not ready for 4 star...
:thinking:
Akanagi
It would be helpful to know with what exactly you're having trouble with (or is it really just streams?)
Is it too fast, too spaced, too hard to read, too hard to tap accurately?

Not every 4* is as hard as other 4* maps and they all play very differently. Unless you have already tried a ton and have trouble on all of them, it would be good to know what exactly you fail on.

Looking at your top plays, though, you should stick with 3* for now and improve accuracy and consistency. Of course you can throw in some 4* for to challenge yourself, but if you feel you don't know whats going on / can't read and / or really can't aim them then you should drop them all together.
Try to FC some 3* or atleast try to get to 95~acc atleast on the hard maps, otherwise you'll probably just develop a mashing habit if you go play 4* right off the bat.

My advice without having seen your replay would be to really just play 3*. Your playcount and hours played aren't that high and looking at your top ranks you should get down 3* first before trying to get something out of 4*.

My first 4* was around 500+ pp and not even close to FC.
You can try to give that map a go. It's 4* and not too fast either.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/831035&m=0

Just see how it goes and try to reply with what you have trouble with (generally, not just on that map)
Topic Starter
Heylith
It's just either too fast or streamy. I use to be a mouse only player but only recently quit because it's kills my hand. Currently I'm having difficulties with syncing my hands together rather than relying on mouse clicks
7ambda
you're not even proficient at Hard yet
Akanagi

broazny wrote:

It's just either too fast or streamy. I use to be a mouse only player but only recently quit because it's kills my hand. Currently I'm having difficulties with syncing my hands together rather than relying on mouse clicks

Just stick with hard maps then until you get used to it and got decent enough at tapping. You'll probably notice it yourself when you feel that you can "play" 4*, but I wouldn't jump into them quite yet.
KupcaH
Stop rushing. You shouldn't play insane diffs yet.
ManuelOsuPlayer

broazny wrote:

The most basic tip that I can give myself is to play more maps, but I feel like I have trouble finding songs within my level. I've tried tillerino, which helps with reading and pp gain but not for improving on higher difficulties. Streams are especially the most frustrating thing since they kill my health leading to a fail. Should I be using HD/DT on maps I can play to hone my skills?
From how i see the game i would say at your rank you have 2 really good choices (Improvment)
1. Delete ALL your maps. Go to a multi room 2-3-4* and play all what the people chose and have fun with it.

Don't replay/retry a lot the same map unless you're trying to learn really really something specific from it.
This is horrible to win skill.
104 plays - Yasuda Rei - Passcode 4854 -TV edit- [Insane]
If you replay it trying to win consistence and Aim that's probably one of the worst ways possible.

If what you want it's work on consistence and aim so you can enjoy the maps:
2. Play all the fucking 1* "boring" maps from 1* to 4*. Trying to S/SS them as long as you can. 1.00, 1.01, 1.0.2 ... Try to focus on aim perfectly those easy maps it's what going to make you be able to play hardest ones later without have to much problem.
Dosn't matter they are easy for you.

Isn't that much. You could already be at 2.00* instead losing the time spamming 100 times the same map.
You don't have to rush them in a row. You can today play 10 maps. Tomorrow other 10... As you wish. Better play a lot in a row doing it well to get stamina from it.

A friend of mine reach 3 stars in 4 days playing this way. At the 7° day he fc his first 4* with 99% acc at 2° try. He had worst rank than you when he start doing it. More maps = more time, easier and better muscle memory and reading.

The skill to stream should come alone as long as you're playing new and new maps and improving on anything else, isn't something i think you should not focus much on, they are just more circles like all the other you has played. Stream for me it's 85% reading 1% fingers... Don't try to smash the keyboard working on a 1% when you can work on 85% playing new maps what even don't have "streams".
For sure you can spam streams and play them for fun, trying to set best scores or whatever but not to get really better at them that way.

Even yourself know you need to play more maps instead the sames. That's the most important thing. That includes from 1* to 10*. But since you can't even watch 10* you should put a limit for example at 4'3* right now and don't pass from there until you can consistenly read well tons of 1*-4'3* maps. So you don't lose time improving moving the mouse around circles instead read them.

About mods you "should" play them on maps what you already have FC and high acc.
The acc what it's high for you depends on you and on what you're playing and what you think what acc you should get there.

About coordination since my reading follow music, my tap follow músic, and my aim follow music, they match 100% on every single circle. So yeah. Learn to follow music with all of these 3 skills 1by1 and they will match, or together If you can focus on more than one thing at same time xD

You can start find some walls to Full Combo 2*/high acc. Find why to improve. Don't be worried to do what ever you find usefull to improve there. Even using Half time, relax, auto, autopilot, replays... If that helps you to find a better way to understand and play the map.

You can make a collection and add the maps what you learned more from them. You can replay them after a while to remember something when you're stucked with something easy at higher diffs.
Or to edit those maps making them hardest to learn those skills at different AR, CS, OD, etc.

I learned to "stream" a lot from a 2* map what needs tons of finger control, reading, and due to low AR needs to listen well the music too. So it's easily for me play streams even without read them, just by listening the music thank's of some easy/normal "boring" maps.

I also replayed tons of times same maps, some of them more than 200 times in a row without feel any good improvment for a really long time, so i can tell you retry/replay without a real reasson it's lose 99% of the time improving.

Just remember you, I'm talking about a good way to improve what i know 100% works. Not the best way for you (could be this one or another one). Also isn't the BEST way to have fun (you can totally enjoy those maps, i did) and have fun it's related to Improvment. So you need to find your own way to have fun and improve more than 100% follow guides, copy hardware, trainings or whatever.
Some people have fun going for pass hard maps even getting C scores, others like more never miss and hold the combos, others don't care about miss If they hold 99% acc... Some like jumps, some others like streams, others old maps, other love farm maps, others only rhythm maps, short maps, long maps... So, stop play only what tillerino says xD
I think you understand what i'm trying to say^^
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

1. Delete ALL your maps. Go to a multi room 2-3-4* and play all what the people chose and have fun with it.
What? Why? Why would you need to delete your maps?
ManuelOsuPlayer

KupcaH wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

What? Why? Why would you need to delete your maps?
I could talk you about this a lot going point for point, explaining you why and how i get to that conclusion. But... I'll try to make it really simple.

A human learning new things everyday since birth it's going to be better learning a new skill, or improving on something that already knew, than a dog who only learned to do really well a few tricks.

So yeah, you know you can probably catch a stick with your mouth even without tryied it once.
Then why would you spend tons of times to catch a stick when you could learn to catch a ball, a frisbee... And you will be able to catch a stick too with less trys.

You understand me right?

Also the dog don't know what to do If i trow him a rock, but you can catch it with your hand instead your mouth because you know how to do it. Even If i'm not telling you to grab the rock. Maybe i just want to kill a snake, but you catch the rock anyways even without thing about it. Thats how muscle memory work.
KupcaH
You didn't say why would you need DELETE maps.
You can just play maps that you never played or didn't achieve rank on it.
ManuelOsuPlayer

KupcaH wrote:

You didn't say why would you need DELETE maps.
You can just play maps that you never played or didn't achieve rank on it.
I totally agree with you.
To avoid replay, "by accident" the map what you already played 200 times.
You can just don't play it. But for some people it's like a drug. So better delete that shit and when someone pick it in a lobby, or it's on a beatmap list what you download then go ahead and play it like what it's, another map more where you can learn new things. And not an equation what you are trying to solve doing the same and the same without even learn the formula.
And yeah you can order your maps for "recently played" and "never played".
If i really want to play a map for some reasson i probably know his name, so isn't a big deal to have it or don't, i just go ahead and dowload it. Or if love a map, or it's fucking art i add it too my favourite list so i can check it at my profile user page and download it when i want If i want.
I'm talking about Improvment, not have more fun, or win more PP/set better scores.
Sandy Hoey
Or you could just not play maps you have scores on... I think I may be a genius!!!!!!
Disillusionz
Bro you've hardly been playing at all (28 hours). Don't jump the gun, you'll get to 4* soon enough, get good at 3* first (and high 2* if you haven't).
otoed1
It's cause ure bad. Try playingmore first.