1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted
It's better when your muscle memory completely takes over under the condition you're listening to the music.

Just like any other skill irl tbh, when something becomes more intuitive it becomes easier.
posted

N0thingSpecial wrote:

It's better when your muscle memory completely takes over under the condition you're listening to the music.

Just like any other skill irl tbh, when something becomes more intuitive it becomes easier.
Ummm are you 100% sure about it? Re try to play focusing on the same way you are actually focus to aim, but add the tap instead relay on muscle memory even if do it that way it's very accuratelly, you should win tons of consistence and rythm sense just by adding the tap, or at least it's how i feel it and what i learned from players under top 100 talking about that on interviews. Some of the more consistent players tap being aware of the hand instead use muscle memory for it. I think they also read on other way than you do because how you tap depends on how you read.

I'm not saying your way it's worst. I did use the same way too after "get" rhythm sense and check big changes and totally tap to the music if i changed offset. And after check some inteviews i noticed that 3 of the players what more i like how them play. and what them play. are totally tapping being aware of it. Also that means they listen the music and add the next beat to the next circle. Instead "play the song" so you can totally play with -100 offset without make you tap earlier, because you're adding the same delay to add the beats to the circles.

I find 5 different ways to read and play a map testing things. watching interviews and forum threads, old askfm, etc.
This last way to read (the way i'm reading right now) it's the one who more consistence give me. I copied it from those players.

The way you are reading, relay 100% on music. so you're unable to play a map where you don't "understand/catch everysingle beat" the music or the map don't have beats on those patterns. You can use head metronom, follow the rhythm using hit sounds etc, but isn't as consistent as the other way. Also you can do better harder maps with less skill. Since the way i'm reading requires more focus and skill to play the same map but also make it really easier to fc. But your way dosn't matter the hard it's something to play if you can read the music you hit the circles even without know where they are. But you got more problems with slower parts where the music isn't as loud than hards ones right?
If i'm wrong tell me.
posted

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

Focus on a single object at a time, snap, click. Simple as that.

Though smartass like you already know this.
I know what you need to get better and why you will never be good at this game. ^^
*checking stats*

Yeah, keep dreaming and pulling newbies into shithole with your half ass "wanna be advices".
If i would make a "Today manuel guy best" topic, it could never actually ends:



Delete your beatmaps - nice advice to not even 400pp guy who is missleaded into 4* maps.

As I already said - you asked to be shitted on, your actions asked for it, you behavior here asked for it.

Now:

Play more - that is my advice.
posted

[Taiga] wrote:

*checking stats*

Yeah, keep dreaming and pulling newbies into shithole with your half ass "wanna be advices".
If i would make a "Today manuel guy best" topic, it could never actually ends:


Delete your beatmaps - nice advice to not even 400pp guy who is missleaded into 4* maps.
I already explain why i say that advice. He has more than 100 plays on the same map what was totally out of his skill. And where you're new it's better know knew maps than play the sames over and over. I think i don't need to repeat myself.
At start of the quote you can see "FROM HOW I SEE THE GAME" not "THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE TO DO IT OR YOU WILL BE A FUCKING NOOB BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN YOU"

Btw. Are you bored? :D Naah i think you love me. You're even stalking me while playing, posting where i post talking to me... If you want my number tell it to me don't be afraid :oops:
Don't be frustrated and enjoy the game.

From now, all what i'm going to answer to you it's "you know everything oh 20k god" i'm bored of your trys to make fun of me because you don't think the same way than i do. You're really boring man, do something else, don't you have something to work on Osu or you're already to good to even need to work on something xDDDD

I know the "you know everything oh 20k god" isn't fun at all, but will be more when i'll be better rank than you :P
Nice improvment i can see on your profile. Btw as you said rank = skill right? Can't you improve your skills? :(
I though you know everything oh 20k god.
You have to be doing something really basic really wrong to don't improve from where you are. What could it be¿? O.o If i wasn't a 80k noob i would know :S
I'm sure you know it because You know everything oh 20k god ;)
posted
Realistically, I find most of your advice pretty unrealiable as well. Not to say that it does not work for certain individuals as yourself or others, but for the most part it is misleading for the general audience. Although, if they already gave the "normal" walkway a try, than why not try something different. And yes, Taiga knows more than you. At least for now
posted
I will give you a chance, for once, gotta produce a nice post towards you manuel guy:

It's hard to stalk you if you post in almost every topic with something that is either completely wrong or missleading. I spectated you in the past few times to get clue HOW your gameplay looks and I wasn't really happy. It is not stalking, as far as in the beginning i was hinting you that you are telling something bad, something what can take newbie into oblivion of being bad and quit this game - you just started being a dick towards not only me but others too, including a 3-digit player who also pointed out your mistakes, calling this an "oh you took a friend" while I have zero relation with that guy.

Now answering the mystical question why I am doing this - because I spent A LOT of time sitting in mechanics math, wiki, getting more and more knowledge how things work. I am science type guy, especially when it comes to games, this is the main reason why I felt in love with EVE Online, Path of Exile or other games where mechanics, numbers, playstyle takes a huge part and can be converted into numbers.

You are making a simple thing way too complicated. This is 2D circle clicking game. There are simple rules of how to get better and this cannot be explained of "position your hand this way" / "make this move" / "click there, that". NOPE! NO! NADA!

Hand positions are the same as for using a keyboard - make it comfortable and proper to not get carpal tunnel. Its basic thing explained in every term of work with a computer (considering you get a job which requires you to use computer for a long time).
Mouse grip / tablet pen grip? Make it comfortable to yourself. Nobody will tell you what will be best for your game play. Nobody in this damn forum know how your setup looks, how are you sitting etc.
Clicking circles? Simple rules - play more, follow star difficulty, challenge yourself on maps what you can pass without using NF which isn't designed for newbies. Yes - here is trick - NF is not for newbies, they does not benefit from it, same as RX or AP. NF will not give you proper output on where your problem is, if this is wrong reading, if this is wrong aim, if this is just lack of speed.
Here comes more - speed is not always raw speed, it's also pattern reading ability. I see tons of newbies who complain about "It's too fast" and the problem wasn't raw speed but garbage reading. If you can play a 200 bpm simple map but you call a 170 bpm "too fast"?
Logic ffs! It's not problem with your raw speed but your shitty reading.
With reading comes aim...
With aim comes consistency...
With consistency... general gameplay.

In your posts barely anything connects together.

Like, really, sit down on your ass, read up sticked threads, analyze them, go to wiki, read up, jump to twitch streams, get in touch with high ranked players. Everyone will tell you the same what i wrote up.

Lets end this with a small rant:

Nice improvment i can see on your profile. Btw as you said rank = skill right? Can't you improve your skills? :(
I though you know everything oh 20k god.
You have to be doing something really basic really wrong to don't improve from where you are. What could it be¿? O.o If i wasn't a 80k noob i would know :S
In comparation to your uber-elo-ego I see where my problem land and as my time and physical strength allows me, i work on it.
Want to know where my problem land? Here it comes:
Ability to remove grouping object / reading patterns as group and full focus on single object reading.
Simple as that - patterns doesn't exist, there is only object after another object.
Even more simple - slowing game down so I can read properly more complex patterns and stop missing due my garbage snapping.

If you spend more time into analyzing gameplay, learning from high ranked players how things works, maybe you stop making this game looks like fucking star craft and start giving others serious advices.
posted
And I just saw this was Manuel asking for advice xD. What a personality
posted

[Taiga] wrote:

I will give you a chance, for once, gotta produce a nice post towards you manuel guy:

It's hard to stalk you if you post in almost every topic with something that is either completely wrong or missleading. I spectated you in the past few times to get clue HOW your gameplay looks and I wasn't really happy. It is not stalking, as far as in the beginning i was hinting you that you are telling something bad, something what can take newbie into oblivion of being bad and quit this game - you just started being a dick towards not only me but others too, including a 3-digit player who also pointed out your mistakes, calling this an "oh you took a friend" while I have zero relation with that guy.

Now answering the mystical question why I am doing this - because I spent A LOT of time sitting in mechanics math, wiki, getting more and more knowledge how things work. I am science type guy, especially when it comes to games, this is the main reason why I felt in love with EVE Online, Path of Exile or other games where mechanics, numbers, playstyle takes a huge part and can be converted into numbers.

You are making a simple thing way too complicated. This is 2D circle clicking game. There are simple rules of how to get better and this cannot be explained of "position your hand this way" / "make this move" / "click there, that". NOPE! NO! NADA!

Hand positions are the same as for using a keyboard - make it comfortable and proper to not get carpal tunnel. Its basic thing explained in every term of work with a computer (considering you get a job which requires you to use computer for a long time).
Mouse grip / tablet pen grip? Make it comfortable to yourself. Nobody will tell you what will be best for your game play. Nobody in this damn forum know how your setup looks, how are you sitting etc.
Clicking circles? Simple rules - play more, follow star difficulty, challenge yourself on maps what you can pass without using NF which isn't designed for newbies. Yes - here is trick - NF is not for newbies, they does not benefit from it, same as RX or AP. NF will not give you proper output on where your problem is, if this is wrong reading, if this is wrong aim, if this is just lack of speed.
Here comes more - speed is not always raw speed, it's also pattern reading ability. I see tons of newbies who complain about "It's too fast" and the problem wasn't raw speed but garbage reading. If you can play a 200 bpm simple map but you call a 170 bpm "too fast"?
Logic ffs! It's not problem with your raw speed but your shitty reading.
With reading comes aim...
With aim comes consistency...
With consistency... general gameplay.

In your posts barely anything connects together.

Like, really, sit down on your ass, read up sticked threads, analyze them, go to wiki, read up, jump to twitch streams, get in touch with high ranked players. Everyone will tell you the same what i wrote up.

Lets end this with a small rant:

Nice improvment i can see on your profile. Btw as you said rank = skill right? Can't you improve your skills? :(
I though you know everything oh 20k god.
You have to be doing something really basic really wrong to don't improve from where you are. What could it be¿? O.o If i wasn't a 80k noob i would know :S
In comparation to your uber-elo-ego I see where my problem land and as my time and physical strength allows me, i work on it.
Want to know where my problem land? Here it comes:
Ability to remove grouping object / reading patterns as group and full focus on single object reading.
Simple as that - patterns doesn't exist, there is only object after another object.
Even more simple - slowing game down so I can read properly more complex patterns and stop missing due my garbage snapping.

If you spend more time into analyzing gameplay, learning from high ranked players how things works, maybe you stop making this game looks like fucking star craft and start giving others serious advices.
Since you're being logical for once.
"Even more simple - slowing game down so I can read properly more complex patterns and stop missing due my garbage snapping."
That's 100% on what you have to focus. If you don't know how, play old maps. But probably you know. Due i almost only play streams and tryied to play them 2489274239874789 times and analice my replays i find that the best way to play a stream it's read circle by circle listening the music.
Maybe i'm wrong but i think your biggest problem it's than you don't focus on listening the music as something as important as reading circles is.
You're talking to me like i don't know nothing but i know more that you expect. And if you want to watch me play seriously tell me and i'll do. But since i do things like play skins without approach rate circles to make my snapping work better due to don't relay on approach rate circles you can't expect know how i play by watch me once without even know if i was using the hands to play.
Just don't think someone it's worst/better or have moro/ less knowledge watching a profile what don't even have scores from when you play offline and edited maps.
posted
That's 100% on what you have to focus. If you don't know how, play old maps. But probably you know. Due i almost only play streams and tryied to play them 2489274239874789 times and analice my replays i find that the best way to play a stream it's read circle by circle listening the music.
Do some research - for a long time i was promoting old maps (and there is a lot of them which i personally like).
Streams are way easier if you see less - that is why focusing on single object is superior to grouping them.

Maybe i'm wrong but i think your biggest problem it's than you don't focus on listening the music as something as important as reading circles is.
You're talking to me like i don't know nothing but i know more that you expect.
Since i am slow shit who cannot consistently play 200 bpm (and hek, I already got called cheater by some noobs because they think getting 3,8k pp without playing a single 200 bpm map is impossible) - I am acc player and everything below 99% is shit for me.
More than half of my top ranks are utter shit and I don't need anyone to reminds me of this.
Listening to music is not a problem, trust me. There are other things which I am aware off but harder to overcome than playing to music.

Just don't think someone it's worst/better or have moro/ less knowledge watching a profile what don't even have scores from when you play offline and edited maps.
Golden rule - never ever try to give advices to someone who is more skilled than you. He most likely expect advice from someone more skilled than he is.
When i see 4-digit player asking for something, even that I know answer, I shut the fuck up and stay silent since i don't have authority, nor skill (which i can prove by my profile) to lecture him.
You broke it several times.

Also, don't make guides which are missleading. You need technical information, you can find people here. I am more than glad to help players but only thing what I expect (and not only me but most people here who sacrifice time to read topics and answer properly) is a bit of humility and discussion based on questions / answers supported by arguments and facts.
You went wrong way - started showing your ego, making random guides while you are not even close to be efficient in certain things.

Yes - profile is what describe you. Nobody cares if you play unranked or edited maps, really.
That how it works here. You are judged by your profile so if you want to have authority in... as you claim, playing HR - make good scores on real maps but first - fix your general gameplay and rank up a bit. Several people who know me, also know i keep ~20k for a reason (for good time already) which is tournaments where good once contain Nomod/Freemod/Ar9.6 max DT without HR.
posted

[Taiga] wrote:

That's 100% on what you have to focus. If you don't know how, play old maps. But probably you know. Due i almost only play streams and tryied to play them 2489274239874789 times and analice my replays i find that the best way to play a stream it's read circle by circle listening the music.
Do some research - for a long time i was promoting old maps (and there is a lot of them which i personally like).
Streams are way easier if you see less - that is why focusing on single object is superior to grouping them.

Maybe i'm wrong but i think your biggest problem it's than you don't focus on listening the music as something as important as reading circles is.
You're talking to me like i don't know nothing but i know more that you expect.
Since i am slow shit who cannot consistently play 200 bpm (and hek, I already got called cheater by some noobs because they think getting 3,8k pp without playing a single 200 bpm map is impossible) - I am acc player and everything below 99% is shit for me.
More than half of my top ranks are utter shit and I don't need anyone to reminds me of this.
Listening to music is not a problem, trust me. There are other things which I am aware off but harder to overcome than playing to music.

Just don't think someone it's worst/better or have moro/ less knowledge watching a profile what don't even have scores from when you play offline and edited maps.
Golden rule - never ever try to give advices to someone who is more skilled than you. He most likely expect advice from someone more skilled than he is.
When i see 4-digit player asking for something, even that I know answer, I shut the fuck up and stay silent since i don't have authority, nor skill (which i can prove by my profile) to lecture him.
You broke it several times.

Also, don't make guides which are missleading. You need technical information, you can find people here. I am more than glad to help players but only thing what I expect (and not only me but most people here who sacrifice time to read topics and answer properly) is a bit of humility and discussion based on questions / answers supported by arguments and facts.
You went wrong way - started showing your ego, making random guides while you are not even close to be efficient in certain things.

Yes - profile is what describe you. Nobody cares if you play unranked or edited maps, really.
That how it works here. You are judged by your profile so if you want to have authority in... as you claim, playing HR - make good scores on real maps but first - fix your general gameplay and rank up a bit. Several people who know me, also know i keep ~20k for a reason (for good time already) which is tournaments where good once contain Nomod/Freemod/Ar9.6 max DT without HR.
It's not ego, ego it's what you have, not me.
If i see something yellow i would tell you I'm seeing it yellow, and i don't care If you're #1 or #4000000, that dosn't change the color what i see.

When i work on Improvment and getting knowledge, i don't work to be rank 700k, 70k, rank 7k, 700, 70 or rank 7. I work to do what i want to do.
I try to share with people what i know and what i think, so people what really want to claim can use some of that information.
I was 50k a year ago and i'm 70k right now and i could be 90k in a year playing everysingle day 16 hours at day. You can be sure i wouldn't care about it. But that dosn't mean i'm not playing much better than year ago or what in a year i would be worst because my rank. So stop think rank it's all because that's stupid.
posted
I have two words for you manuel.

Lurk

moar
posted
I listen to those podcast while I map so I didn't really pay attention, so I'm mostly speaking from my own experience. From my countless growth spurt I can say it's the constant process of making an aspect of gameplay more intuitive.

Aim is shit? focus on aim on maps that are easy to tap
Stamina is shit? focus on stamina on maps that are easy to aim
then after I improved both aim a stamina then I can play maps that's both aim intensive and stamina heavy
oh maps that's aim intensive, stamina heavy are now also rhythmically complex? I only need to focus on rhythm since my aim and stamina is on par.
oh shit I have stamina aim and rhythm sense but I can't AR10? I just play HR to focus on my reading, which is me right now.
posted
Well, this escalated quickly.
posted
it always does lol
posted
Full Screen Jumps Reading?
Circle appears at corner, look at it. Next circle appears, look at that. It's not hard.
posted
Basically how you read everything, just overly spaced.
Please sign in to reply.