btw take some kudos cause i love Rib, thanks for making it
Thanks, I will probably keep on doing that
Nikakis wrote:btw take some kudos cause i love Rib, thanks for making it
200 hundred posts and that kind of experience? Amazing job!, keep at it. +1
Ignoring my PM, Modding back 40 days after you get a mod while asking others for another M4M. That's really respectful way to go xD.
Underforest wrote:mod as promised
00:25:438 (3) - unstack for consistency with 00:32:581 (2) - I will stay with this
00:49:247 (4) - ctrl+h to correct the flow here sure
00:55:914 (3,5) - can't you avoid this? this results tricky and unfriendly for beginners It can also become something that they will like if they give it a try or two. I will leave it like that.
01:09:247 (3,4) - this can be 3/1, no need for this ok
01:16:866 (3,4) - ^^
00:04:009 (1) - remove the last reverse, it kinda feels weird plus there's no beat in 00:04:247 - and cymbal fade out does not count as beat It feels perfectly fine for me, btw whats wrong with representing fading cymbal with reverse part of a slider?
00:20:676 (3,4) - this is inconsistent with patterns of this kind of rhythm, check your diff for details Changed
00:35:914 (3,4) - ^ Changed
01:01:628 (1) - similar as 3rd point in easy Same
01:25:795 (9,1) - this can be a single 1/2 slider cause the rhythm I will stay with that
i'm currently not agree with the structure of this diff, but that's just my point of view, looks fine
No changes from me, sorry I took so long to reply, life got in the way
Underforest wrote:[akareh's insane]
00:11:628 (7,8) - results challenging for an easy insane, why not stack them? because it's boring to do so and since it's the end before the section loops I wanted to give it emphasis
00:19:605 (8) - ^ ^
I dunno. I will try to snipe some BN's.
lit120 wrote:when ranked?
lit120 wrote:add -Hakurei- to tags pls
Mking wrote:Hey there here from modding guild queue ~
Im not sure about this but maybe add Vocaloid as the source? (pls dont kill me if im mistaken)
Not sure, will ask later on Metadata Heap discord
00:49:247 (6,1) - why are these slidertails not stacked? you should keep following the concept Something unique (in music) kicks in so I emphasize it with something different to make it even more unique.
00:52:581 (3) - ctrl g would fit better here, as the others patterns around it do so too It flows a bit better without ctrl+g so I will keep it.
Also, those two 00:54:247 (2,3) - 00:53:057 (6,7) - are an introduction to what you can expect later in this section.
00:33:771 (4,5,6,7) - 4 5 6 dont have consistent spacing and 6 7 dont follow the slidertail concept,you might want to consider redoing this Same as above 00:49:247 (6,1)
00:39:485 (4,5,6) - 5 is spaced inconsistently, no need for it according to the sounds (2.60 away from 4 and 2.20 from 6) Changed
01:11:866 (5) - just a suggestion to leave this note out as you are following the vocals this should be possible, it really fits the climax Nah, I don't really like the idea of skiping a strong sound on 01:11:866 (5)
00:32:105 (6) - missing whistle sound on head Fixed
Nikakis wrote:~Hey Flame, I saw that you revived this and I would like to mod it coz u know, its fcking Rib xdlit120's Hard:
- 01:08:533 (3,4) - I don't get why this isn't 1/1 slider like 01:09:962 (1) - since you are supposed to focus the vocals. Maybe make one? i prefer a different rhythm choice rather than making it the same as 01:09:962 (1) - based on the vocals from 01:07:343 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - that are 1/1 beats there. also, i prefer to avoid such consistencies here
- 01:17:581 (4,1) - lol same thing here too, regarding about consistencies
- 01:09:724 (3,1) - Objectively is fine but I really expected a circular motion towards left as you do for 01:09:485 (2) - . why? if u play this diff, the flow movement will be fine here
- 01:18:057 (2,3,4,1) - This is really monotonous rhythmically which I expected you to map a 1/1 reverse slider like 01:18:057 (2,3,4,1) - for the vocal. I would recommend you making one in order to be more consistent but also to break the circle monotonicity of 01:17:819 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - . didn't like to make such consistency here at first like from 01:09:247 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4) - , but having a movement with circles here are basically fine on a BPM like this on Hard diff
yeah, that's pretty much it I think, such a solid and fun mapset.call me back! Kappa
Nikakis wrote:~Hey Flame, I saw that you revived this and I would like to mod it coz u know, its fcking Rib xd
- I'm a bit sad that you didn't put any custom finish hitsound even though there aren't many finishes but I would recommend you adding one since the overall hitsounding audio impact is simple. edit: we discussed it in game so yeah fixed. hmm... I noticed that sometimes your finish felt off a bit, so I just swaped it with that one from mania diff, maybe I will look for new one but I will stay with that for now.
- I find the two green combo colors unnecessary when the color red is also really noticeable in the background. I would recommend you removing one and add a red one instead. I prefer following the color of their eyes.
- The AR difference between Easy and Normal is quite big, I would recommend you to boost Easy's AR from 2,5 to 3 or 2,8 to fit the spread better. Changed to AR 3.Easy:
- 00:04:009 (1,1) - 00:24:962 (2,3) - Well, these stacks would be quite tricky for a complete newbie player, especially the first one with the 2 NC's. It would be better if you space each note out for the sake of 2/1 gaps so the player can understand on how the approach circles work clearly and won't get in trouble by thinking ''omg there are two notes together, let me spam the keyboard'' xd , but also to understand on how rhythm gaps can influence the spacing of the notes. xD, ye I will change it.
- 00:55:914 (3,4,5) - uh, I also think that this type of overlap would be hard for a newbie player to understand, I would recommend you to space them differently by themselves. Changed.
Small update on aesthetics as well.Normal:
- 00:23:533 (1,2,3) - You can pretty much tell that the first vocal phrase is held comparing these 00:23:533 (1,2) - which they aren't so a ctrl+ g here would sound a lot better for the vocals imo. Sure.
- 00:26:747 (5,1) - A bit unpleasant overlap. Fixed
- 00:28:771 - These vocals don't deserve to be un-clickable at all, they are really damn intense so 2/1 sliders don't represent the vocals so well imo. I would highly recommend you to delete this rhythm 00:28:295 (3,4,1) - and map instead a 1/1 circle + circle + 1/1 slider + circle ( https://puu.sh/zC4Sq/30870c7234.png ) to emphasize the harshness and loudness of these vocals as accurate as possible.
- 00:30:438 (9) - Like above, imo a 2/1 slider doesn't represent the vocal so good, what about a circle with a 1/1 slider? I see no reason doing these 2/1 sliders, this part has more intense vocals than the previous one.
- 00:33:771 (3) - Sliderend lands on a very audible downbeat which is expressing a very loud vocal so I would recommend you to ctrl + g it with 00:34:247 (4) - in order to emphasize it better. No to that, Yes for everything above.
- My above suggestions apply for the rest of this part aswell 00:34:962 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - Changed all.
- 01:21:628 (1) - This NC is unnecessary since you NC this 01:20:676 (1) - oh snap
- 01:24:485 (6) - Forgot to add NC? Again xD
A bit bigger update on aestheticsBroken Memories:
- 00:11:866 (4,1) - Comparing your last spacing 00:08:057 (7,1) - (1) feels really undermphasized when it has a finish sound like in the previous example. I would recommend you spacing it more out. Changed
- 00:23:533 (1,2,3) - 00:25:438 (1,2,3,4,5) - I can't really understand your gimmick intention here, the first example's vocals are more intense and you underspace them with this overlap concept and then you decide suddenly to space the second example's sliders normally when the vocals are getting softer and less intense. I would recommend you to exchange the spacing concept between these parts to emphasize and represent the intensity of the vocals visually better. I spaced those 00:23:533 (1,2) - a bit more.
- 00:40:676 (1) - I will go with the same suggestion like I did in Akareh's diff, the vocals here are the same intense as 00:41:033 (2,3) - so consider doing the same thing.I get your idea but If I will apply it this 00:41:390 (4,5) - will be too fricking hard to play
- 00:43:533 (5,6,7) - (7) is stronger than the other sliders speaking of intensity but you underspace it for no reason. I would recommend you to space it even more out than 00:43:771 (6) - . Nah not really 00:43:771 (6,7) - they are almost the same (if not exactly the same) in terms of intensity in vocal but 6 has a stronger drum sound so I will keep it like that.
- 00:47:343 (6,7) - This is probably the most complicated motion for the past minute and as for the aesthetics here they look a bit weird even though they are fun but I would recommend you sticking with a simpler circular motion and visuals for the player something like this https://puu.sh/zDgxj/c3269b1f2d.png Changed
- 00:48:771 (3,4) - I don't hear something interesting on 00:49:009 (4) - to overspace it like this. Please nerf it.Nerfed but only a bit (cuz there is a strong drum sound that starts the sequention 00:49:009 (4,5,6,1,2) - .
- 00:51:628 (2) - Clap here is unnecessary. Fixed
- 00:53:057 (6,8) - I don't find this perfect overlap idea that good, like ok you like stacking sliderheads and stuff but imo this is too much. I would recommend you to give it a different placement to avoid missreadings, you do my suggestion already on 01:00:676 (3,5) - . Nah I will stay with that. I think the player should understand what's happening here.
- 01:09:724 (4,5) - Movement here is a bit awkward even though it's playable, for example you could do a simpler and fancier slider like this https://puu.sh/zDgQJ/888580ba67.png Changed a bit.
- 01:16:628 (1,2,3,4,5) - My favorite pattern on the map :3 :3
- 01:23:057 (3,5) - Uh, this stacking can lead to missreadings plus it's a bit uncomfortable to play. I would recommend you to place (5) with these pixels: x:350 y:254 lul - 0.04 star ratio after this change D: . xD I dont really care tho cuz it plays better.
yeah, that's pretty much it I think, such a solid and fun mapset.call me back! Kappa
Nikakis wrote:Akareh's Insane:
- 00:30:676 (9,10) - Since your focusing intention is the vocal rhythm, it would be better if you ctrl + g these 00:30:676 (9,10,1) - for the vocals. changed those a bit, but my way
- 00:39:247 (3,4,5,6) - These repeatable stackings can lead to missreads for the player. If you want to make it less complicated visually, you can stack (5) on the slidertail of (3). I specifically want the jump with those two for drum emphasis tho.
- 00:40:676 (1) - The vocal here isn't actually that held but it sounds pretty much like as 00:41:033 (2,3) - so consider making something similar. ye
- 00:53:533 (7) - You miss out such an important vocal there 00:53:771 - which doesn't deserve to be a slider end, this 1/1 slider just sounds off speaking of rhythm, the vocal syllables are 1/2 as 00:53:057 (5,6) - so consider splitting this 1/1 slider into 2 1/2s. 1/4 instead for the held vocals
- 00:59:009 (6) - 01:01:152 (7) - Same thing. ^
- 01:08:533 - I don't know what happened here and you ignored this loud vocal, like in the whole Kiai you make it clickable 01:09:962 (4) - , 01:16:152 (6) - etc. I would recommend you making a 1/2 slider + 1/1 slider in order to follow the vocals properly. yeah, made something
- 01:17:581 (4,5) - This is too dense when the song gives you the opportunity to map a 1/1 slider like you do for 01:09:962 (4) - , 01:16:152 (6) - so I would recommend you mapping a 1/1 slider + circle for the calmility of the vocals. nope, drums become more dense on the second half of the chorus, so my rhythm also becomes a bit denser.