forum

[Archived] My AntiVirus says that osu isnt safe,

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cloud8r
I always had norton installed on this laptop, i plugged in my tablet and mouse and then i downloaded osu, a few minutes passed by and norton aid it was unsafe. no, i didnt use a different website. i used the offical website- This was really strange because my laptop said it was safe before, I could download osu on it before.

Help???
Topic Starter
cloud8r
The computer is a HP and its windows 8 by the way,
Lacrimosa
Make an exception for osu! to your anti-virus then. I can guarantee you that osu! is 100% safe.
Zonthem
norton is right, osu is a terrible virus ! I wasted 2 years of my life, and it's not ended :3
Venix

Zonthem wrote:

norton is right, osu is a terrible virus ! I wasted 2 years of my life, and it's not ended :3
It's not place for memes D:
Dntm8kmeeatu
It is most likely a false positive. If you downloaded from the official Download page https://osu.ppy.sh/p/download You're fine.

I know Norton sometimes removes "Untrusted" files dependent on settings. This is different to a Detected Virus, and instead is just a file (or version of a file) that Norton doesn't have enough information on, or doesn't have the publisher marked as "Trusted".
Alysia_old_1
Like Dntm8kmeeatu said check that you download the official version and if so then just create and exception on your antivirus :)
Dntm8kmeeatu

Alysia wrote:

Like Dntm8kmeeatu said check that you download the official version and if so then just create and exception on your antivirus :)
Stop posting unless you have something new to contribute.
Alysia_old_1

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Alysia wrote:

Stop posting unless you have something new to contribute.
:( ok senpai im sry i just wanted to help the ppls.
lovebobly65

SunnyKitty wrote:

I always had norton installed on this laptop, i plugged in my tablet and mouse and then i downloaded osu, a few minutes passed by and norton aid it was unsafe. no, i didnt use a different website. i used the offical website- This was really strange because my laptop said it was safe before, I could download osu on it before.

Help???
dont worry i have norton aswell, just go to the bottom when it removes it, in the bottom right click details of it, then restore and make an exception :)
Flanster
This thread died 6 months ago.